Does anyone save passwords in the default BB10 browser?

Password keeper sucks and I'm looking to start saving banking passwords in the browser.

Password keeper doesn't work for me because I have entered domain names and specific urls and the only site that works is google.com
    07-25-13 10:51 AM
    I never save passwords in any browser for anything important like that, but that's just me. I do let the browser store forum passwords and FB, etc.
    07-25-13 11:10 AM
    I never save passwords in any browser for anything important like that, but that's just me. I do let the browser store forum passwords and FB, etc.
    Totally agree with this...I would never store a password for a site that has access to my financial or any in depth personal information. Social sites definitely though.

Also I am not sure where you reside but most banking websites in Canada won't let you save passwords (only your bank card info) as a security measure.
    00stryder likes this.
    07-25-13 11:21 AM
    Datavault is kinda handy
    07-25-13 11:29 AM
    Password keeper is good

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:35 AM
    KeePass is pretty flexible, allows cloud storage, and is inexpensive.
    07-25-13 12:37 PM
    LastPass ..
    00stryder likes this.
    07-25-13 01:21 PM
    I use the default browser to save passwords for various sites I frequent. I agree with a lot of people here that when it comes to banking sites, it is better not to save them. I tried it just to see what it does and it will not save your banking site password.
    07-25-13 01:31 PM
    Password keeper doesn't seem to work. If I were for example to save a password to a bank of America login, what exactly would put in as the website
    07-25-13 05:51 PM
    LastPass ..
    LastPass has made my life so much easier. I think Joseph Holder (old CB writer) was the one to mention it here and I've been using it ever since. Hoping for more integration into the BB10 platform in the future.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 and loving it!
    07-25-13 05:56 PM
    I want to use password keeper.

Please help me. If the site is www.example.com

I enter it exactly in that way with the password and it doesn't work.

I also try to copy and paste the url from the browser in its various formats like

Example.com/login

Https://www.example.com

Mobile.example.com

Nothing works!!!!!!
    07-26-13 07:49 AM
    Password Keeper won't copy paste info directly into your browser when you get there guys!

It works exactly like an electronic diary for passwords that, other than you, no one can open.

So when you save something to the Password Keeper, you open it and copy-paste the password from the app to wherever you need.
    00stryder likes this.
    07-26-13 08:19 AM
    Password Keeper won't copy paste info directly into your browser when you get there guys!

It works exactly like an electronic diary for passwords that, other than you, no one can open.

So when you save something to the Password Keeper, you open it and copy-paste the password from the app to wherever you need.
    I'm hoping we'll see such functionality down the road sometime, would make it much easier to deal with passwords on the go. It's a double-edged sword in terms of security though, especially with financial info.

07-26-13 11:37 AM
    I'm hoping we'll see such functionality down the road sometime, would make it much easier to deal with passwords on the go. It's a double-edged sword in terms of security though, especially with financial info.

That won't happen. Because what if someone else is using the phone and goes on your ban's site and the phone automatically fills in the information?

Alternative: the phone would detect that there's a password saved for this website and could ask for the Password Manger's password which would autofill the details!
    07-26-13 11:40 AM
    That won't happen. Because what if someone else is using the phone and goes on your ban's site and the phone automatically fills in the information?

Alternative: the phone would detect that there's a password saved for this website and could ask for the Password Manger's password which would autofill the details!
    I have seen 3rd party browsers that work in that manor and tie in a password management software.
    00stryder likes this.
    07-26-13 12:09 PM

The alternative is what I was referring to. Well, it's more of an option, really, in how Chrome and other desktop browsers (and the mobile apps) handle LastPass now. It lets you choose to toggle password prompt or not as well as designate a time-out duration.

07-26-13 01:10 PM
    The only site I've had success with is google

Yes it copies and pastes my email and password to login automatically
    07-29-13 10:38 AM