Following up on an earlier question where I need to close my current Google play account since I no longer have access to an old work gmail that was used initially...and my apps won't update, etc...

I've just ordered a new BlackBerry phone (key2 le, currently have the keyone) and need to figure out the best way to save my docs, photos, contacts, data, etc...before I close that Google play account and open a new one. (Side note...I have both the old dead work gmail and another personal gmail currently attached to my g-play store...but my important apps seem to be attached to the dead email...so I think I need to just do a completely new gmail and g-play store account.)

Aside from handwriting everything...esp for the docs and photos, how do I get those into the newly downloaded apps from the new g-play store account? I am obviously ignorant about a lot of this...would the storage card work for the transfer somehow?

Thanks!
    07-10-19 01:17 AM
    BlackBerry Content Transfer works via a Media Card of via WiFi... give it a try. The problem is "accounts"... you might get into trouble trying to backup from one account and restore to a device without that account. Try it and see...

I "think" you'll need to manually move easily accessed data like Docs, Photos, Music.

Then try exporting your Email Account info... contacts, calendar and emails and then importing it into your new account. Desktop Outlook always made this easy...

Purchased apps will just be lost.

App data... see if they have a export option. Or if it is a cloud service that stores your data off the device and you can change the email to your new account...
    07-10-19 09:38 AM
    Okay...yes, the BlackBerry content transfer is great...but tied to my old dead email and thus doesn't have much to transfer. (I added a dtek security thing and forgot it and keyone did a master reset and I lost...almost...everything.) So, that makes me doubt that I'll be able to do this with much success.

I think the new phone will give me options for the transfer....like I can check and uncheck what I want to transfer? I use outlook and just have the gmail for the play store stuff. Ugh.

Dont care about any purchased apps. Cost of being an idiot.

Will look at app data...I guess since I already lost most everything, not too much to worry about. More concerned with whether I can get stuff from my current play store (2 gmails) to a new play store account. I guess I will see...

(There must be a good reason, but I still do not understand why one cannot activate/swap gmails within Google play store account for issues such as mine.)
    07-11-19 12:09 AM
    (There must be a good reason, but I still do not understand why one cannot activate/swap gmails within Google play store account for issues such as mine.)
    You don't own that account... so why should you be allowed to change anything? That's the bottom line.

Tough lesson...
    07-11-19 08:21 AM
    If both the school and I agreed that it was okay to swap emails within the Google store account, how is that wrong? Google won't allow an error to be fixed. I think this happens a lot with students as well, and it causes a lot of headaches all around.

If parties agree, it seems bull-headed for Google to prevent a fix.
    07-11-19 10:36 PM
    Because a G Suite account ( which is what businesses and some individuals pay for, and what you would have through a school) isn't the same thing as a free Google account.
    If both the school and I agreed that it was okay to swap emails within the Google store account, how is that wrong? Google won't allow an error to be fixed. I think this happens a lot with students as well, and it causes a lot of headaches all around.

If parties agree, it seems bull-headed for Google to prevent a fix.
    07-12-19 08:03 AM