I have a BB Tour and for the most part it works pretty well with the exception of the Trackball. My cell phone plan is with Sprint and of course I have insurance. I want to take my phone back and get another one, however I have put lots of applications and themes etc. etc. Is there a way that I can transfer all of that stuff over? I really don't want to lose anything.
    09-23-09 05:06 PM
    Desktop Manager, make a backup....

You can back up Contacts, emails, themes, apps, etc.....

When you get your new device you click on Restore....
    09-23-09 05:07 PM
    Thank you!!! I will definitely do that.
    09-23-09 05:22 PM
    I am afraid, that is not correct. Backup does recorded data and settings, but it does not include themes or third party applications.

The tool for that job is the Switch Device Wizard.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    09-23-09 05:24 PM
    There is also a FAQ on how to backup applications. The basic premise is you use the Device Switch Wizard but when it prompts for a new BB, stop the process, find where it stored that "backup" on your computer (generally, in a TEMP file somewhere) and copy that file. You copy the file before completing or cancelling the SWITCH process. Later you can point to that file to restore apps besides the DATA to your phone.

You still might need to contact sellers with your new PIN for the new phone to transfer "ownership"

Another way (still need to contact sellers) is using BBSAK (google it) and copy or dump all of your application cod files to your computer. This is the manual method.

If skilled, you can also use javaloader from a command line and accomplish the same thing one by one.
    09-23-09 05:25 PM
    If your phone still turns on you should be able to get the apps off via desktop manager if not try steps above me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:35 PM
    I am afraid, that is not correct. Backup does recorded data and settings, but it does not include themes or third party applications.

The tool for that job is the Switch Device Wizard.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

I know it doesn't backup settings but what do you mean by data?
    09-23-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD