View Poll Results: Is the BlackBerry ban is a positive or negative reflection on the BB platform & RIM?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, shows they're serious about security

9 47.37%
  • No, it'll harm RIM's bottom line

3 15.79%
  • I don't particularly care either way, and this poll is stupid.

7 36.84%
    So I was reading in the comment section of the blog post on the main page where someone asked if people thought that the BB ban in Saudi Arabia would be seen as a positive or a negative with concerns to the BlackBerry service, or RIM as a whole, (sorta added my own spin on the original question) so I figured I'd slap this pole to see what people think. So what do you think??

Personally, I find this to be a positive. The fact that not even RIM can decrypt the transmissions over the device makes me feel even better about the security of the platform. Sure, I'm not sending anything of any national security, but it's nice to know that if I send my fiance an account number, or other piece of sensitive information, that someone can't intercept it and steal my identity. With people now a days so freaked out about identity theft and internet/wireless information secutiry, I think this should show potential customers that this platform will offer them the best security available, and it's no secret that people will pay top dollar to add to their security. I think RIM should capatalize on this in some way, spin it into a positive that they can market to consumers and businesses who aren't currently using BlackBerry. Just my opinion, let me know what you think!

**EDIT** While the POLE may not be stupid, I am, since I didn't use the proper POLL, on my POLL. Can a mod PLEASE fix my mistake, so I can remove my tail from between my legs?
    Last edited by elvin1983; 08-04-10 at 02:20 PM.
    08-04-10 01:16 PM
    neither, it just proves Saudi's don't trust Saudi's thats all.
    08-04-10 01:27 PM
    I don't agree with any of this stuff. I do see it as a trust issue even if they say its not. But that's just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 01:29 PM
    I guess the point is everybody is a terrorist until you prove them different by dying of old age without having committed a terrorist act.
    08-04-10 01:48 PM
    Personally i think any loss of business is bad for companies, but saudi wants what saudi wants.
    08-04-10 01:52 PM
    I don't really care. But I don't agree with the poll being stupid
    08-04-10 01:54 PM
    i don't care either .it doesn't effect me.and obviously the saudis don't trust eachother either .i don't think the poll is stupid
    08-04-10 02:11 PM
    I don't really care. But I don't agree with the poll being stupid
    i don't care either .it doesn't effect me.and obviously the saudis don't trust eachother either .i don't think the poll is stupid
    LOL thanks, I don't really think the poll is stupid, just wanted to make everyone laugh!
    08-04-10 02:17 PM
    The Saudis are shooting themselves in the foot.
    They are all about bringing business and corporations to their country, and I doubt corporations will change their phones just to please them.
    On a more consumer side of things, a lot of europeans do travel there for vacation.
    I know if I was to pick a spot for my next familly vacation, it certainly wouldn't be in a place where I can't use my phone!!!
    08-04-10 02:39 PM
    The Saudis are shooting themselves in the foot.
    They are all about bringing business and corporations to their country, and I doubt corporations will change their phones just to please them.
    Now that I strongly disagree with. There is a lot, and I mean a lot of $$$$$$$$
    in Saudi Arabia mang. I'd bet my bottom dollar corporations who have big Saudi
    accounts who have their own people traveling to Saudi Arabia every so often
    would change their phones in a heartbeat if they had to.
    08-04-10 02:52 PM
    I guess the point is everybody is a terrorist until you prove them different by dying of old age without having committed a terrorist act.
    Its kinda depressing how right you are... Mostly for the men though because there women get a really bad deal there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-04-10 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Profanity
    08-04-10 02:59 PM
    This has nothing to do with terrorism and everything to do with monitoring people's internet and e-mails in a oppressively conservative society.
    08-04-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD