Hi, I just purchased my first Blackberry a few weeks ago and found this wonderful website!
    Just a couple of days ago, I noticed a sand glass on my main screen when unlocking my phone. I read somewhere else that my device may be taking up too much memory with media (photos, videos), so I went ahead and moved them to my computer. I also deleted them off of my device (pearl 8130) using internet explorer so the files are no longer on my phone.

This helped me get rid of the sand glass when unlocking my phone and opening other applications. However...Voice Dialing is taking forever to open. I hear the "Say a Command" prompt after I see the sand glass turning and turning and turning... you get the idea...

Can anyone help?

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it.
    I had my battery fully charged last night before going to sleep.
    This morning I woke up and the battery was low and the network connection was off. Usually, it is set to 1XEV.
    I'm new to this and would appreciate any information.

Thanks!
    MMZ
    03-30-08 12:53 PM
    That happened to me two nights ago! I haven't figured out what happened, but it charged fine that morning and has been holding a charge since. I did a battery pull and then charged it up all the way.

Sometimes the pearls get a bit out of sorts and if you pull the battery it resets everything and tends to resolve the issue.
    03-30-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD