Look at John McCain, who was caught playing poker on his iPhone yesterday during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on authorizing missile strikes on Syria. This is a guy who was the Republican nominee for President in 2008. Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- is going to think you're unprofessional if you use an iPhone or Android device. On the other hand, if they see you with a BlackBerry, they might just think, given the perception of BBRY, that you're out of touch and behind the times.
    That was just bad... LOL. He was smart enough to just own it and move on. I'm sure he'll hear about it briefly during the next election cycle.
    09-05-13 09:29 AM
    I don't agree that any one device makes one look more professional. If I had to pick an attorney, breadth of knowledge/results would count, not device. In fact, IIRC, some platforms have some pretty extensive legal apps.

Also, I said this elsewhere... I agree, devices can be restricted, but if professionals cannot resist playing games when work needs to be done, then better hiring decisions need to be made. Restricting a device won't make someone inexplicably drawn to Angry Birds more productive.
    In sure that office also has PCs which has access to many sorts of entertainment
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-05-13 09:31 AM
    When are we going to be getting a new tablet? or, some good news about the future of the company? Before I upgrade to new blackberry devices, I want some positive sign that they won't be gone in a year.
    Well, the BB10 OS is a huge advance and there's no question that whether or not BB exists as a company in a few years the phones will still work. So what's the issue? I don't think the competition has a better product, and BB has superior security. What's the big downside?
    09-05-13 12:09 PM
    Well, the BB10 OS is a huge advance and there's no question that whether or not BB exists as a company in a few years the phones will still work. So what's the issue? I don't think the competition has a better product, and BB has superior security. What's the big downside?
    A company investing in phones that will no longer have any support, OS updates, apps, or updated apps, etc. No downside there.

Also, as I mentioned upthread, BB10 phones are no more secure than Android or iOS devices, unless you have a BES10 server. But I doubt the OP's small firm uses BES to begin with -- more likely just BIS, which, of course, is no longer available with BB10 devices.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-05-13 12:16 PM
    What, you're under the impression that BlackBerry will simply cease to exist and there will be no more phones or support for them? Where would you get a silly notion like that? You've been listening to the doomsayers and not using your head.

Q: If BlackBerry has no suitors or plan, why is it they think they can wrap up the deal in two months?
    A: they have a suitor and they have a plan, and it has nothing to do with ceasing to exist. Why do u think Prem Watsa resigned? Criminy use yer brain.

And BlackBerry does have security advantages over other platforms built into their systems.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:02 PM
30 12