ubergizmo.com/2014/07/samsung-to-make-a-series-processors-for-apple-next-year/

Always talking about BlackBerry having top of the line specs, one part is having a good relationship with their suppliers.. one one side these two companies compete but still find they have to work together in this area..

Where does BlackBerry plan to get future processes from?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-17-14 09:56 AM
    They seem to be sticking with Qualcomm... they aren't in a position to have custom processors made like Apple does.

When everyone is using a Snapdragon 800 processor, it is easy to make comparison - right or wrong (due to software and other hardware). But you say you processor is a T3000 and no one know how that really compares to a Snapdragon 800.... your devices isn't seen as just another commodity product. Does it really mean anything????
    tinochiko and spikesolie like this.
    07-17-14 10:51 AM
    They seem to be sticking with Qualcomm... they aren't in a position to have custom processors made like Apple does.

When everyone is using a Snapdragon 800 processor, it is easy to make comparison - right or wrong (due to software and other hardware). But you say you processor is a T3000 and no one know how that really compares to a Snapdragon 800.... your devices isn't seen as just another commodity product. Does it really mean anything????
    Nowadays people being targeted with spec wars marketing don't even keep up with processor series, they just look at the benchmark numbers, kind of like GPU wars in PC world

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-17-14 11:09 AM
    Nowadays people being targeted with spec wars marketing don't even keep up with processor series, they just look at the benchmark numbers, kind of like GPU wars in PC world

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    And Samsung have shown they're willing to take advantage of that and produce benchmarks the phone won't actually do during normal use

Check Out TechCraze
    07-17-14 11:26 AM
    The irony is apple is smart F! The whole A7 thing scale master was I assume referring to is an attempt to exclude themselves from the spec race. When others boast snapdragon 800 and apple advertises with A7 it sounds exclusive.. like the best thing since slice bread. People don't have any scale to compare and thus apple gets off free

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 11:41 AM
    The irony is apple is smart F! The whole A7 thing scale master was I assume referring to is an attempt to exclude themselves from the spec race. When others boast snapdragon 800 and apple advertises with A7 it sounds exclusive.. like the best thing since slice bread. People don't have any scale to compare and thus apple gets off free

Posted via CB10
    It was the first 64 bit mobile phone processor implementation, and has one of the best GPU's available, so it isn't like they only have their own processors made for the sole purpose to not be compared to others. Qualcomm is still trying to get their 64 bit processor line out almost a year after Apple has had them in production. Having a processor made just for them allows then to have it made specifically to the priorities they want addressed and get cost savings too because of the scale and not having to pay for functionalities they don't want.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-17-14 03:35 PM
    It was the first 64 bit mobile phone processor implementation, and has one of the best GPU's available, so it isn't like they only have their own processors made for the sole purpose to not be compared to others. Qualcomm is still trying to get their 64 bit processor line out almost a year after Apple has had them in production. Having a processor made just for them allows then to have it made specifically to the priorities they want addressed and get cost savings too because of the scale and not having to pay for functionalities they don't want.

Well said.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-17-14 04:10 PM
    How bid is the screen? That is what the average consumer cares about when it comes to hardware. The rest is for techno geek stuff.
    07-17-14 04:17 PM

Imo it's still because it excludes them from the spec race because there isn't a comparison to be made

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple has been using Ax chips for some time. The earliest was A5, I believe. A7 is just the latest in the line

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-17-14 10:19 PM
    Apple has been using Ax chips for some time. The earliest was A5, I believe. A7 is just the latest in the line

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    And my point Still stands. It excludes them from spec race

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:36 AM
    And my point Still stands. It excludes them from spec race

Posted via CB10
    You were saying that Apple explicitly made A7 to exclude it from the spec race, I was saying that Apple has been doing that way before A7 existed

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-18-14 10:57 AM
    As much as it is very real for the consumer, when it comes to practicality the spec race is ridiculous - it's all about the experience and how the machine works. If it's smoother than phone X with lower specs, then it shouldn't matter. But it does, unfortunately.
    07-18-14 11:12 AM
    You were saying that Apple explicitly made A7 to exclude it from the spec race, I was saying that Apple has been doing that way before A7 existed

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    I used A7 as an example of their A series avoiding the spec race

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:42 PM