5:06 onwards. Damn, that's pretty advanced. Honestly wished BlackBerry had those abilities, even without the pen. I would love to be able to drag and drop pictures off of websites into BBM etc without having to hold down the image, select share, select BBM, select contact and then hit send. Like that's true multitasking, not BlackBerry's attempt. No wonder Samsung is the leader in the phone market.

Almost makes me wish I had a Note 3, except it's Android.
    10-14-13 03:31 PM
    Oh yes....i LOVE the split screen, and I've got an 18 month old SGIII.....I'll get the Note 3 as soon as I can.
    10-14-13 03:34 PM
    Oh yes....i LOVE the split screen, and I've got an 18 month old SGIII.....I'll get the Note 3 as soon as I can.
    Damn, I'm jelly. Does it work as flawless as that video? I've never used a Samsung device.
    10-14-13 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry can multi task as well pal

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-14-13 03:37 PM
    someone will say either fake mult tasking,it's a useless gimmick, its full of virus, or i dont care somewhere in this thread.
    10-14-13 03:38 PM
    BlackBerry can multi task as well pal

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    How so? Having to minimize my application to venture back into the Hub to check notifications? That's not multitasking. That's no different than any other platform because you still have to get out of whatever you are doing to venture into somewhere else. Maybe the only multitasking that BB10 has is the ability to run YouTube in the background via the browser while in another application without the browser being suspended rendering youtube silent. BlackBerry Peek is nothing but a gimmick. It doesn't display everything you want to see and the limited toast notifications don't display long content or my emails.
    10-14-13 03:41 PM
    Someone may need to define "multitasking" from a hardware POV for the OP.
    10-14-13 03:41 PM
    Definitely getting this!

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    10-14-13 03:43 PM
    BlackBerry promised us "true multitasking" without the in and out paradigm. Well, the in and out paradigm still exists, swipe up is the equivalent to hitting the "recent apps" on android, both actions give you the running apps basically. Why cant I jump between active frames like on the playbook?
    10-14-13 03:45 PM
    I have it on my note 2 but I rarely use it to bad halfed apps in one screen

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 03:47 PM
    someone will say either fake mult tasking,it's a useless gimmick, its full of virus, or i dont care somewhere in this thread.
    Useless gimmick? I can already think of countless uses for it. It's not fake multitasking, THIS is true multitasking and Android being full of viruses is irrelevant to this discussion.
    10-14-13 03:48 PM
    Yes it looks cool but it's like the debate on should BlackBerry bring back the track pad. The stylus is a technology that has seen its day. The notes multiple tasking would be a different experience if it didn't use a stylus. I don't know it is a good multitasking model anyone wants to copy.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-14-13 03:49 PM
    Yes it looks cool but it's like the debate on should BlackBerry bring back the track pad. The stylus is a technology that has seen its day. The notes multiple tasking would be a different experience if it didn't use a stylus. I don't know it is a good multitasking model anyone wants to copy.

The stylus is irrelevant. You could achieve the same thing with your finger via drag and drop. What I'm talking about is the fact they can drag and drop images into conversations AND view two apps simultaneously.
    Donvald and JR A like this.
    10-14-13 03:51 PM
    Someone may need to define "multitasking" from a hardware POV for the OP.
    The OP doesn't care if the hardware can "multitask", he cares if HE can "multitask" and unfortunately with bb10 he cannot.

It is of no use to the consumer what the hardware can or can't do, android can emulate pretty much everything on the software side what bb10 is trying to achieve hardware wise, which is, the ability to "multitask", two things, at once or together.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 03:51 PM

Don't let everyone that uses a stylus with their iPads know that.....

There is nothing wrong with a stylus, lot of people use them with Tablets and Smartphones. It is old technology, but that doesn't mean that for some people it isn't a good option to have.
    21stNow and anon(4044683) like this.
    10-14-13 03:54 PM
    The OP doesn't care if the hardware can "multitask", he cares if HE can "multitask" and unfortunately with bb10 he cannot.

It is of no use to the consumer what the hardware can or can't do, android can emulate pretty much everything on the software side what bb10 is trying to achieve hardware wise, which is, the ability to "multitask", two things, at once or together.

Posted via CB10
    The difference is understood but, as such, should both be lumped together?
    10-14-13 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    The average consumer or prosumer, whatever blackberry is calling us these days, doesn't care either way about hardware multitasking when the same result can be achieved along with more using software on a different platform. Perhaps if BlackBerry could achieve the software multitasking, the hardware multitasking would start to mean something. I don't see multitasking on BB10, all I see is the same in and out paradigm we were told they were moving away from.
    10-14-13 03:55 PM
    Don't let everyone that uses a stylus with their iPads know that.....

There is nothing wrong with a stylus, lot of people use them with Tablets and Smartphones. It is old technology, but that doesn't mean that for some people it isn't a good option to have.
    Good points! Some are even quite expensive, and dare I say, chic? :-)
    10-14-13 03:57 PM
    This is a fake, useless virus ridden gimmick that I don't care about!
    There... just thought I'd get it out of the way...
    :>)
    10-14-13 04:01 PM
    This is a fake, useless virus ridden gimmick that I don't care about!
    There... just thought I'd get it out of the way...
    :>)
    I do not think that word means what you think it means. How is it fake? It exists and it works the way the video describes it. I just asked my friends with Samsungs. Nothing fake about it.
    10-14-13 04:03 PM
    I do not think that word means what you think it means. How is it fake? It exists and it works the way the video describes it. I just asked my friends with Samsungs. Nothing fake about it.
    I'm pretty sure the commenter was joking, which is why he/she quoted qcbarry25's post.
    10-14-13 04:15 PM
    Useless gimmick? I can already think of countless uses for it. It's not fake multitasking, THIS is true multitasking and Android being full of viruses is irrelevant to this discussion.
    They are being sarcastic. They are repeating what a BB fanboy would say.
    10-14-13 04:22 PM
    Very nice!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-13 04:24 PM
    I wrote an article on this wayyyyyyy back. Maybe even talking about PlayBook when it first came out. To me, true multitasking is a split screen experience. BB10 is extremely fast in and out, but not "true" multitasking just yet... at least by my personal definition of it. Need a big screen for split screen to make sense, but it's definitely cool to see it starting to work on mobile. Definitely feel like BB10 can handle it... just needs to be built in.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 04:26 PM
    there is multitasking and then there is app switching. In terms of productivity, this line is blurred. When you are doing more than one thing at a time, does it really matter if you view both on the same page or flip between them?

Yes, I can switch between apps faster on BB10. But android has much deeper app integration that such app switching is just not needed.
    10-14-13 04:28 PM
314 123 ...