Sorry to revive an old thread... So, Knox is nothing like BlackBerry's Locker? The biggest reason why I won't switch to a different phone is because I depend on Locker to keep some stuff private on my KEY2 LE ... I don't know of any other brand that replicates that functionality.
    I have used both.

I can say Samsung Secure folder is way more usable than BlackBerry Locker. The Samsung Secure Folder is (if set up right concerning notifications) completely disconnected from the 'outside', and in this way a disconnected environment. The BlackBerry Locker already has Problems with apps (and contacts). For instance when you wanna share stuff in the normal phone, apps and contacts from inside the Locker will be shown as a possibility.

In terms of having a business outside environment with some personal apps etc. in a separate folder Samsung is the choice imho.

Posted from my P'9983
    03-06-20 10:05 AM
    I have used both.

I can say Samsung Secure folder is way more usable than BlackBerry Locker. The Samsung Secure Folder is (if set up right concerning notifications) completely disconnected from the 'outside', and in this way a disconnected environment. The BlackBerry Locker already has Problems with apps (and contacts). For instance when you wanna share stuff in the normal phone, apps and contacts from inside the Locker will be shown as a possibility.

In terms of having a business outside environment with some personal apps etc. in a separate folder Samsung is the choice imho.

Posted from my P'9983
    Uhhh- Post Nr. 1000 ;-)

Posted from my P'9983
    03-06-20 10:07 AM
    For me Secure Folder is like separate space. Phone inside phone. Second google account and separate apps. Most banking apps, personal files. Very useful thing.
    03-08-20 11:29 AM
    Hi there. As for me, Knox isn't such a useful service. Like, if you're worrying about your information, you can use it.
    Again, Knox isn't intended to do much for individual users - it's an enterprise solution, just like BB's UEM. It's designed to keep CORPORATE email and files secure and separate from user's personal stuff, but it only works if you have the server infrastructure on the other side, as most large businesses do.

In just the same way that you wouldn't use a mining dump truck or a crane truck as a commute vehicle or to run to the grocery store, Knox (and BB UEM, and Mobileiron, and Microsoft's UEM) were never intended to be for consumers, who lack the infrastructure to make the relevant.
    03-31-20 04:10 PM
    Again, Knox isn't intended to do much for individual users - it's an enterprise solution, just like BB's UEM. It's designed to keep CORPORATE email and files secure and separate from user's personal stuff, but it only works if you have the server infrastructure on the other side, as most large businesses do.

In just the same way that you wouldn't use a mining dump truck or a crane truck as a commute vehicle or to run to the grocery store, Knox (and BB UEM, and Mobileiron, and Microsoft's UEM) were never intended to be for consumers, who lack the infrastructure to make the relevant.
    Exactly 100 percent sir, my business partner checked into Knox and found out the same information. Unless you have the server and infrastructure required, it’s not intended for consumer use and it’s a significant investment.
    06-15-20 06:50 AM
    Exactly 100 percent sir, my business partner checked into Knox and found out the same information. Unless you have the server and infrastructure required, it’s not intended for consumer use and it’s a significant investment.
    The funny thing is.... Samsung isn't on Google's Android Recommended Program list (politics), yet Samsung has the best solution for business that are using Android devices. Business know that, and I doubt any but some small business without resources even look at that list.
    06-15-20 08:36 AM
    The funny thing is.... Samsung isn't on Google's Android Recommended Program list (politics), yet Samsung has the best solution for business that are using Android devices. Business know that, and I doubt any but some small business without resources even look at that list.
    You said the magic word the majority of small business owners face “resources”. I see it getting worse then better after this CV19 shutdown.

I have seen a few of my long time clients shut down and are stuck for for the large financial investments they made. Not good and I see it getting worse.
    06-15-20 09:50 AM
    Microsoft now has the software available for both iPhone and Android to completely run Office 365 international setups from the phone.
    BlackBerry UEM can be managed from the phone, but you will need server-side software in your business setup.
    Google for work otherwise known as G-Suite is a much better idea for the smaller business entity and out strips Zoho.

My apologies to Zoho, they are a great business, operating out of India but they originally started in California and their main server farms are in the United States of America, so there is no increased security by going to Zoho, by definition.

Most of Zoho products are better than Microsoft and Google so if they fit your business it would be worth looking at them.

BlackBerry Enterprise collection of software is no longer suitable for business on the whole but it's excellent for security.

Now we may hate Google for the consumer, but Google for business is completely different and much more secure.

Both Microsoft/Office 365 and Google G-Suite are rated and used by Military, Government and Healthcare. And the financial sector is moving in on G-Suite.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 06-15-20 at 02:33 PM.
    06-15-20 01:00 PM
    Microsoft now has the software available for both iPhone and Android to completely run Office 365 international setups from the phone.
    BlackBerry uem can be managed from the phone, but you will need server-side software in your business setup.
    Google for work otherwise known as g suite is a much better idea for the smaller business entity and about strips Zoho.

My apologies to Zoho they're a great business operating out of India but they originally started in California and a main server farms are in the United States of America so there is no increased security but by going to Zoho by definition.

Most of Zoho products are better than Microsoft and Google so if they fit your business it would be worth looking at them.

BlackBerry Enterprise collection of software is no longer suitable for business on the whole but it's excellent for security.

Now we may hate Google for consumer but Google for business is completely different and much more secure.

Both Microsoft/Office 365 and Google g suite R rated and used by military and Healthcare. And the financial sector is moving in on G suite.
    I know a number of smaller to medium company that once used BlackBerry devices and their UEM along with servers for MS Exchange. Today those companies are using hosted solutions from Google, Microsoft and a few others. Email, Device Management, Filtering... all done via one easy to use interface that doesn't even require much IT knowledge. Plus you get your office docs as well as user and company Cloud storage.... And in the end very cost effective. If you need more security, they have options to increase what comes with a basic account... as you said, even some regulated industries can easily use these solutions.

And that's why BlackBerry's UEM business has been slipping for the last 1-1/2 years.... not some crazy story about sales staff all walking out. I suspect most of their customers have hardcore BlackBerry fans in management or IT (most nearing retirement now), or there is some political maneuvering going on - BlackBerry didn't hire that Admiral for his looks.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    06-15-20 01:46 PM
    I know a number of smaller to medium company that once used BlackBerry devices and their UEM along with servers for MS Exchange. Today those companies are using hosted solutions from Google, Microsoft and a few others. Email, Device Management, Filtering... all done via one easy to use interface that doesn't even require much IT knowledge. Plus you get your office docs as well as user and company Cloud storage.... And in the end very cost effective. If you need more security, they have options to increase what comes with a basic account... as you said, even some regulated industries can easily use these solutions.

And that's why BlackBerry's UEM business has been slipping for the last 1-1/2 years.... not some crazy story about sales staff all walking out. I suspect most of their customers have hardcore BlackBerry fans in management or IT (most nearing retirement now), or there is some political maneuvering going on - BlackBerry didn't hire that Admiral for his looks.
    Oh that Admiral. Coastguard are set to upgrade their entire communication system both satellite and Mobile Communications.
    The main Production Centre for the hardware is likely to be California due to its closeness to the main harbours. And blackberries new Centre if possible would be in Washington DC to interface with the other government departments particularly armed forces and security. But as BlackBerry says it depends more on where they can get sufficient quality calibre staffers.
    06-17-20 08:16 AM
    Oh that Admiral. Coastguard are set to upgrade their entire communication system both satellite and Mobile Communications.
    The main Production Centre for the hardware is likely to be California due to its closeness to the main harbours. And blackberries new Centre if possible would be in Washington DC to interface with the other government departments particularly armed forces and security. But as BlackBerry says it depends more on where they can get sufficient quality calibre staffers.
    Well DC South at MacDill AFB in Tampa would be great then....

Plus Trump and his staffers (Kayleigh McEnany) have some ties here sooooo, I’ll send in applications for sales or janitor position
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    06-17-20 08:19 AM
    You had better make that the Janitor position if you are thinking with tampering with the flood corridor
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 07-31-20 at 09:20 PM.
    06-17-20 08:23 AM
37 12