Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-12-15 09:28 PM
146 1234 ...
tools
    Since a majority of the keyboard smartphone market is owned by BlackBerry, if Samsung increases their smartphone sales by just 1% with this keyboard then it will hurt BlackBerry a lot. It doesn't have to work well in order to get most keyboard users to try the Galaxy Note 5. Then, after a while, users might not even bother with the keyboard and just use the slab. That's how plenty of people got used to virtual keyboards.

I wonder if during the meetings between Samsung and John Chen they said "By the way, we're coming out with a keyboard case to try to get some of your users."
    thymaster and gfondeur like this.
    08-14-15 10:13 AM
    what`s the world coming to? First silicon boobies then typo now this,HAHAHA
    ronfc likes this.
    08-14-15 10:16 AM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    Because a Samsung with a keyboard case is not a BlackBerry. The fantastic keyboard on the BBRY is just one of the reasons for my choice.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 10:29 AM
    A keyboard case for a massive phablet, with no expandable storage,battery and $80...Yeah a BlackBerry is looking good right about now.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 10:32 AM
    Since a majority of the keyboard smartphone market is owned by BlackBerry, if Samsung increases their smartphone sales by just 1% with this keyboard then it will hurt BlackBerry a lot. It doesn't have to work well in order to get most keyboard users to try the Galaxy Note 5. Then, after a while, users might not even bother with the keyboard and just use the slab. That's how plenty of people got used to virtual keyboards.

I wonder if during the meetings between Samsung and John Chen they said "By the way, we're coming out with a keyboard case to try to get some of your users."
    I doubt anyone at BBRY is taken aback by Samsung's drive to make money. I think the "partnership" was hyped beyond reason by fans.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 10:33 AM
    Are you serious about Samsung physical keyboard? It is very ugly! If people who really need physical keyboard, then they can go with Classic or Passport, but if those two devices are too small for their liking, wait for the best one size fits all Slider. BlackBerry, get out from your hiding and show yourself now! The longer you wait to get the Slider out, less likely, you will be succeed. The time for BlackBerry to put out Slider for sale is NOW! Look, you have made so many bad decisions lately. You wait far too long to response to Apple with its first generation iPhone, and than you wait forever to put out BBM cross-platform. Don't repeat the same mistake again! Put out the Slider now and call it "the difference kind of smartphone for the next century". Brand must be highest quality, durability, reliability, affordability and friendly customer services. These are the most important for starting business if you want your brand to be more successful.
    John Villareal likes this.
    08-14-15 11:17 AM
    It doesn't have to work well in order to get most keyboard users to try the Galaxy Note 5. Then, after a while, users might not even bother with the keyboard and just use the slab. That's how plenty of people got used to virtual keyboards.
    This is exactly why this keyboard even exists: to help some of the hard-core PKB users transition to an all-touch. It's enough to get them to buy the Samsung, so it doesn't matter that the keyboard will be ditched after a month or two - the customer will still own their Note and will adjust to a touch keyboard.

I'm sure no one at Samsung had any illusions that this would "compete" with BB keyboards, and it isn't meant to, except to the extent that it would get some of those folks who are already thinking of moving to the Note from their BB PKB phone (whether BBOS or BB10) to actually make the jump. A few others may buy it and use it occasionally, but remember that the vast majority of smartphone users have long been satisfied with a glass keyboard, and will have no need for this to enjoy their Note.
    thymaster and Mike Owsley like this.
    08-14-15 11:35 AM
    I wonder if BlackBerry can sue cause didn't they already make a patent for a similar device.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pat...touch-keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 11:39 AM
    Yes of course, BBY keyboard is second to no one !
    08-14-15 11:49 AM
    It's funny how people are quick to judge a new product when compared to something they are familiar with. Personally I think the keyboard looks fine. We haven't seen the real thing yet so it might look and feel differently in person then on the videos. It might even perform better then BlackBerry "double typing" keyboards. If it isn't then why would Samsung even make it.

When the Passport pics were first leaked everyone think its the most hideous phone ever. People thought BlackBerry were out of their minds but look at how well the reviews and practicality of the phone are after it was launched.

I for one am not a Samsung fan but my question stands for people are who feels BlackBerry should make a physical Android keyboard phone, do they have a chance with a giant like Samsung who's now officially targeting a piece of the physical keyboard market.

Did you take a serious look @ that keyboard...they must be joking...

And making a pkb is not difficult, but to implement it in the software is another story... this is where BlackBerry still rocks.
    So yeah, i do not believe that this will hurt BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    08-14-15 12:39 PM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    imho I think it looks like crap ................and a Samsung with a keyboard is still a Samsung running droid so that's why I wouldn't choose a Samsung over a blackberry
    08-14-15 12:53 PM
    imho I think it looks like crap ................and a Samsung with a keyboard is still a Samsung running droid so that's why I wouldn't choose a Samsung over a blackberry
    That's also my point...but no one seems to read a thread properly...
    Os integration is the hardest part...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:03 PM
    The Slider's keyboard isn't an additional accessory you need to buy. And based on the leaked images, the Slider will have the Hub.
    08-14-15 01:04 PM
    #1 reason to stick with blackberry is ANDROID. As long as we have non android options I will go with them. If Blackberry goes android we are down to only Windows or iOS.
    #2 ... look at that POS keyboard they came up with...looks like a graphing calculator mated with a 900mhz cordless phone.
    08-14-15 01:19 PM
    By wearing Maradona or Ronaldo shoes or jersey one cannot become a great player. BlackBerry PKB has no parallel.

 Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 01:43 PM
    You are in luck then. Samsung keyboard if for you. Go get the android phone.

  
    08-14-15 01:45 PM
    I am a proud BlackBerrian .

 Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    08-14-15 01:48 PM
    Ericsson made it about 6-8 yrs ago

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:48 PM
    Carrier salesperson: "How about one of these Samsung Galaxy phones? It has tons of the latest features and apps."
    Customer: "I would but I need one with a real keyboard"
    Carrier salesperson: "Well, Samsung makes a custom keyboard for the Galaxy Note"
    Customer: "Really? Cool!"
    Last edited by chenageddon; 08-14-15 at 02:46 PM.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 02:33 PM
    I would choose BlackBerry because BlackBerry hardware driven by the extraordinary BlackBerry 10 represents the ultimate in intelligent design.

My world is not driven by the app ecosystem. My Q10 and Passports more than adequately meet my business and personal needs.

BlackBerry Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    IndianTiwari and sammyg423 like this.
    08-14-15 02:43 PM
    It's funny how people are quick to judge a new product when compared to something they are familiar with. Personally I think the keyboard looks fine. We haven't seen the real thing yet so it might look and feel differently in person then on the videos. It might even perform better then BlackBerry "double typing" keyboards. If it isn't then why would Samsung even make it.

When the Passport pics were first leaked everyone think its the most hideous phone ever. People thought BlackBerry were out of their minds but look at how well the reviews and practicality of the phone are after it was launched.

I for one am not a Samsung fan but my question stands for people are who feels BlackBerry should make a physical Android keyboard phone, do they have a chance with a giant like Samsung who's now officially targeting a piece of the physical keyboard market.
    This keyboard case was probably made to serve as more of a 'training wheels' for people that aren't moving to a touch screen device because they are afraid to try a virtual keyboard. Think of the scenario: At BestBuy and this older guy/lady looks at the salesperson with apprehension when they are shown a sleek S6 Edge... "but, I've always preferred a keyboard". "Ah, no problem... we have this protective case WITH a keyboard that you just slip on and you'll have your keyboard!". "Oh... ok... I'll go with that then, how do I transfer my contacts?...."

In time they will likely misplace it or, simply out of curiosity, start using the virtual kb,.. and likely adapt to it (humans are good at that, despite what most would have you (and themselves) believe).

Anyway, what this keyboard case means is that BlackBerry is now forced to put a Passport-like gesture-sensitive physical keyboard on any Android device it is even considering.
    thymaster likes this.
    08-14-15 03:42 PM
    why stay with Blackberry? because I use the 9900 with probably the best keyboard ever, even if the keyboard accessory came free with the Samsung note 5/ S6 I would not buy one for the keyboard.
    08-14-15 03:49 PM
    The reality is that my first impressions of the Samsung Keyboard Case housing the Galaxy Edge aren't that spectacular .
    But the impressions of a Samsung made BlackBerry, using the Galaxy Edge form factor has everyone talking. Especially that it's also a Slider using a BlackBerry PKB design.

So that's why I would stay with BlackBerry, because in this instance BlackBerry seems to have the advantage.

Posted via CB10
    stavwoz likes this.
    08-14-15 03:50 PM
    Why do people start all these stupid threads??
    If you don't like blackberry move on.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:01 PM
    Why do people start all these stupid threads??
    If you don't like blackberry move on.

Posted via CB10
    What does the thread have to do with disliking BlackBerry?
    08-14-15 04:05 PM
146 1234 ...