There are many reasons to leave Blackberry for Android, but Samsung making a lame keyboard case is not one of them.
    sentimentGX4 and gfondeur like this.
    08-16-15 01:38 AM
    There are many reasons to leave Blackberry for Android, but Samsung making a lame keyboard case is not one of them.
    The keyboard may be lame but at least Samsung will market the hell out of it. No sense making the best KB phones if a Company tries as little as possible to promote them.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-16-15 02:33 AM
    The keyboard may be lame but at least Samsung will market the hell out of it. No sense making the best KB phones if a Company tries as little as possible to promote them.
    Let's hope they do.
    That would give Blackberry the opportunity to do the marketing equivalent of drafting.
    08-16-15 10:03 AM
    it won't be the same though. blackberry's physical keyboards are amazing! i mean if push comes to shove, i CAN type on a virtual keyboard, considering i have an ipod touch for all the apps that don't work properly on my Q5. but typing on a physical keyboard is so much easier.

and i highly doubt blackberry would sell/license their PKB.
    I don't see why they wouldn't, if they're out of handsets for good. Easy way to make a bit of cash. Or they could even build the things themselves.

Huh? Samsung will market the new phones; they won't be marketing this keyboard case. It's a niche gadget.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:40 PM
    I don't see why they wouldn't, if they're out of handsets for good. Easy way to make a bit of cash. Or they could even build the things themselves.

Posted via CB10
    true.
    08-16-15 05:17 PM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    It's not just the hardware aspect of the keyboard, it's also the software. I don't want a keyboard just for typing, which I'm sure that's all it's good for when you slap it onto a Samsung. I like all of the keyboard shortcuts, one-button speed dialing, instant actions, and all of those things I can do with my keyboard. Android isn't really very keyboard-centric so I'm sure most of those things don't exist on Android, even if you put a keyboard on an Android phone...
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-16-15 08:46 PM
    You really would have thought with the blackberry partnership supposedly going on that if samsung was going to release something like this it would have been BlackBerry branded

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-16-15 09:20 PM
    "Samsung just made a keyboard case. Why stay with blackberry now?"

As many long term readers know, people stay with blackberry for different reasons, and different types of Blackberries. I do it because I get the security I want without having to mess with it a whole lot. Sammies you have to Root with Odin to get rid of bloatware and have a bit of privacy with the risk of bricking a pricey device. Every time I bought and s3 and s4 I would have to root it to keep Google off my ***.Samsung sales are down and they are the #1 or #2 player in this game. I'm not sure what they think a PKB will do for them. Kind of a head scratcher.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-17-15 12:46 AM
    You really would have thought with the blackberry partnership supposedly going on that if samsung was going to release something like this it would have been BlackBerry branded

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    That is the thing.... their partnership was always exactly what they said. Giving BES the ability to better manage KNOX devices... most likely something BlackBerry asked for and Samsung agreed to help them.

Companies can make small partnerships.. and still be working to put each other out of business.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-17-15 08:30 AM
    The Android Keyboard may be ugly.... fine, but it can easily be re-designed and sold as a Mark 2 model so to speak. Meanwhile I strolled over to an Apple store at O'Hare airport last week (or was it MSP?) and noticed an Apple keyboard accessory made by Typo (they must've corrected the BB copyright infringement).

Point is, there is a market for hard keyboard devices. Further nail in the coffin of BBry. Competitors are taking away the compelling reasons to switch to Blackberry. Only BB customers left are diehards that are dwindling in numbers by the day.

That's why the reason for launching a Slider running on Android. Look, Productivity does not stop with the Hub. You need apps (that work) too!
    08-17-15 11:51 AM
    No confirmation of Android on slider. Rumor. I have a choice with either Google Play or Amazon on my Passport. To date the most productive device I have ever owned.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-17-15 02:33 PM
    No confirmation of Android on slider. Rumor. I have a choice with either Google Play or Amazon on my Passport. To date the most productive device I have ever owned.
    You don't have the choice of full Google Play, or Amazon for that matter.

Not that the Passport couldn't be the most productive device you've owned. Not everyone needs the same things to be productive.
    RH1Pearl and DrBoomBotz like this.
    08-17-15 03:15 PM
    Samsung Just Made a Keyboard Case. Why Stay with BlackBerry Now?-img_20150816_013923.png

And what would you know exactly?

Flying Spaghetti Monster running 10.3.2.2339 SE and ATT vers.
    08-21-15 03:22 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150816_013923.png 
Views:	312 
Size:	593.3 KB 
ID:	367736

And what would you know exactly?
    I know (just as BBRY and its users do) that you don't have access to the full Google Play Store.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 08-21-15 at 06:43 AM.
    08-21-15 06:30 AM
    Just a test

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:33 AM
    Um no, you don't. And those of us that know what we are doing enjoy lot's of things on our devices.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 09:32 AM
    Just to reiterate in case anyone missed it, the Samsung keyboard is not a "real" keyboard.

It is a capacitive attachment that sits on top of the virtual keyboard that hits the screen under each key. It's like having an arrangement of ~30 small stylus' on the bottom of your screen to hit your virtual keyboard lol.

Sounds terrible to type on, hardly a valid replacement for a BlackBerry pkb.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    08-22-15 09:40 AM
    I know (just as BBRY and its users do) that you don't have access to the full Google Play Store.

Pfft.....just because some people do not know how to use it does not mean it does not work. I could easily go to Android central and discuss how many of Android's own apps do not work due to poor development. Or the crappy hardware on several of their devices....everything from screens to charging ports and volume keys. And yet, by some miracle those small Android manufactures still seem to remain in business. And just beat topics to death. I'm unclear on your motivation for slamming BlackBerry all the time.

gfondeur likes this.
    08-22-15 09:42 AM
    Pfft.....just because some people do not know how to use it does not mean it does not work. I could easily go to Android central and discuss how many of Android's own apps do not work due to poor development. Or the crappy hardware on several of their devices....everything from screens to charging ports and volume keys. And yet, by some miracle those small Android manufactures still seem to remain in business. And just beat topics to death. I'm unclear on your motivation for slamming BlackBerry all the time.

In the reality that BlackBerry exists in, the runtime does not fix the app gap, so you'll probably have to add it to the list of folks/things that "don't know how to use it."

LOL. Repeating what BlackBerry says itself is "slamming BlackBerry" all the time? Hilarious.

I belong to a subset of people who can -- gasp! -- use a platform and critically discuss it. I enjoy them all, and feel no searing pain when someone points out a shortcoming, valid or not. It's technology, not a living thing with feelings that needs protection from emotional scars.
    08-22-15 10:01 AM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    Oh really, that was KB?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:20 AM
    In the reality that BlackBerry exists in, the runtime does not fix the app gap, so you'll probably have to add it to the list of folks/things that "don't know how to use it."

LOL. Repeating what BlackBerry says itself is "slamming BlackBerry" all the time? Hilarious.

I belong to a subset of people who can -- gasp! -- use a platform and critically discuss it. I enjoy them all, and feel no searing pain when someone points out a shortcoming, valid or not. It's technology, not a living thing with feelings that needs protection from emotional scars.
    Well, BlackBerry is still selling devices, still selling software and new apps are still showing up in BlackBerry World. As far as I know Blackberry has "said" nothing differently.

gfondeur likes this.
    08-22-15 12:08 PM
    Answer is simple one of these is a **** poor design you guess which one.

Samsung Just Made a Keyboard Case. Why Stay with BlackBerry Now?-img_20150822_102056.png

Posted via CB10
    fishlove73 likes this.
    08-22-15 12:22 PM
    Funny.
    08-22-15 12:43 PM
    Answer is simple one of these is a **** poor design you guess which one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150822_102056.png 
Views:	513 
Size:	588.5 KB 
ID:	368001

Posted via CB10
    The hilarious part is that KB accessory will likely outsell the Passport and Q10 combined
    08-23-15 01:07 AM
    The hilarious part is that KB accessory will likely outsell the Passport and Q10 combined
    The Slider made them do it - Sammy, betcha, but this addon-abomination shall not prevail...!

:-D

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-23-15 06:38 AM
146 ... 3456