Carrier salesperson: "How about one of these Samsung Galaxy phones? It has tons of the latest features and apps."
    Customer: "I would but I need one with a real keyboard"
    Carrier salesperson: "Well, Samsung makes a custom keyboard for the Galaxy Note"
    Customer: "Really? Cool!"
    2 months later...
    customer: i got used to the pkb's and love it...but this thing from Sammy is a s**t. not to mention to be not hip.
    carrier: blackberry is still king of keyboards. try the Passport SE.
    ( after 5 minutes of trying )
    customer: you are god send Johnny. wrap it up.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-14-15 04:09 PM
    BlackBerry PKB is unmatched . All the best to those who want to jump the ship.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2339 .
    La Emperor likes this.
    08-14-15 04:26 PM
    2 months later...
    customer: i got used to the pkb's and love it...but this thing from Sammy is a s**t. not to mention to be not hip.
    carrier: blackberry is still king of keyboards. try the Passport SE.
    ( after 5 minutes of trying )
    customer: you are god send Johnny. wrap it up.
    OR, 3 MONTHS LATER:
    Carrier salesperson: "How about one of these Samsung Galaxy phones? It has tons of the latest features and apps."
    Carrier salesperson: "Well, we also just received the new BlackBerry Android Slider"
    Customer: "Really? Cool!, A BlackBerry! And it has tons of the latest features and apps."
    08-14-15 04:28 PM
    OR, 3 MONTHS LATER:
    Carrier salesperson: "Well, we also just received the new BlackBerry Android Slider"
    Customer: "Really? Cool!, A BlackBerry! And it has tons of the latest features and apps."
    LOL.
    08-14-15 04:30 PM
    Why do people start all these stupid threads??
    If you don't like blackberry move on.

Posted via CB10
    Replies indicate folks want to discuss this. If it had no merit no one would bother.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    thymaster and clickitykeys like this.
    08-14-15 05:11 PM
    Because the Samsung keyboard thing sucks.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-14-15 05:15 PM
    I honestly don't like the look of the keyboard they made for the Note 5/S6 Edge+. But, I do like that the keyboard is detachable, so I can have a full touch device if I wanted and then a PKB when needed, with full Google app support. Can't say if it works or not until I try it.
    08-14-15 06:02 PM
    As much as they are partners, they are competitors. I think Samsung has some privileged info on the upcoming Venice and are scared silly by its potential in the business environment. Why would a professional buy a Samsung with android, touch wiz and a mediocre keyboard....instead of a Blackberry with a securedandroid , bb10 hub, and real slideout keyboard that cannot be misplaced.
    08-14-15 06:30 PM
    As much as they are partners, they are competitors. I think Samsung has some privileged info on the upcoming Venice and are scared silly by its potential in the business environment. Why would a professional buy a Samsung with android, touch wiz and a mediocre keyboard....instead of a Blackberry with a securedandroid , bb10 hub, and real slideout keyboard that cannot be misplaced.
    08-14-15 06:38 PM
    I think Samsung is more afraid of Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Asus, Motorola - and whoever else is coming up the pipeline tbh. I think the PKB accessory is a nod from Samsung that they need to do more to differentiate themselves in the market (and an appeal to enterprise). They're also making their phones increasingly iPhone clones (albeit with curved screens) which is a bit of a head scratcher to me.
    08-14-15 07:01 PM
    I think this could be excellent news for both Blackberry and CrackBerry.

Samsung has validated Blackberry's play.
    Unless Blackberry really drops the ball a slider should give a superior keyboard experience to a snap on.
    They have done Blackberry the honour of competing with them and probably losing.

And... we really should have a going away party for thymaster.
    thymaster likes this.
    08-14-15 07:02 PM
    This is very poor from Samsung. And weird, too...
    08-14-15 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think a lot of people missed the point of this thread. This is a post from a BB10 lover who is trying to make a point proving why it is a bad idea for BlackBerry to release a Android device.

The OP is trying to argue that the existence of this weird case thing from Samsung is reason enough for no one to want a Android device with a BlackBerry physical keyboard. Because to the illogical person, this monstrosity from Samsung equals the same thing as a BlackBerry keyboard. So BlackBerry might as well forget about trying Android and should instead contintinue to focus on releasing more BB10-powered devices.

The OP isn't gonna switch to Android anytime soon, BlackBerry hopefully will though.
    08-14-15 08:30 PM
    I think a lot of people missed the point of this thread. This is a post from a BB10 lover who is trying to make a point proving why it is a bad idea for BlackBerry to release a Android device.

The OP is trying to argue that the existence of this weird case thing from Samsung is reason enough for no one to want a Android device with a BlackBerry physical keyboard. Because to the illogical person, this monstrosity from Samsung equals the same thing as a BlackBerry keyboard. So BlackBerry might as well forget about trying Android and should instead contintinue to focus on releasing more BB10-powered devices.

The OP isn't gonna switch to Android anytime soon, BlackBerry hopefully will though.
    pity!
    08-14-15 08:33 PM
    Just pointing out the facts. Once blackberry goes droid, there's absolutely no reason for a professional to buy a Samsung.
    08-14-15 09:02 PM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    If you don't know the answer to that. Then just go away and stop asking stupid question.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 09:05 PM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    You're a funny guy. Lol

Sent via Passport!
    08-14-15 09:06 PM
    The added keyboard will fail as it always does. People are always going to want authenticity.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    08-14-15 09:31 PM
    We may seem to maybe take for granted how good a bb keyboard, both virtual or physical can be. I was searching something on a S6 Edge (Beautiful device) yesterday and naturally did a back swipe on the "keys" to clear a text field. The owner of the phone reached over top, clicked on the little x in the field like, "what are you doing, don't you know how to use a phone, get with the times". All I could think is how innovative and second nature this is to do on BB10! We have other options, and I like options!

The capacitive keyboard of the Passport has all but spoiled my expectations of a mobile keypad. The touch enabled feature first seemed like it could be a seldom used thing but to me now, on a pkb device moving forward, it is required. I understand bb wants to focus less on hardware but they really have a great keypad - one that may be desired as the trends continue from these devices being considered mobile phones, to mobile laptop replacements, including tactile response. I don't enjoy using a vkb as much anymore but that's just my preference.

If the word dt could never be heard again., tho I'm not versed to say what a company should do, and if the pkb were to make a resurgence, I'd love to see bb be a reputable leader in this - make a (detachable) solution that would offer advanced and innovative productivity features..

For example, say the LEAP would be very enticing to me and have the one up over the Z30, if it had an official slider landscape keypad (case) with capacitive touch (and trackpad/mouse ability). I'd be pining to go seamlessly from vkb to pkb, "working wide on 16X9" or just loose the bulk if needed.... And do it all ON BB10!

I also wonder how it would fair if they could make an adaptable solution for competitors devices.. Imagine Apple, touting the new iPod as a "desktop class device" and you add that one little slide out feature, freeing up screen real estate, built by bb to satisfy those looking to have that mini-mini laptop Even a spin-off company. Make it something like BoxBerry or whatever with a one-size fits most keypad that somehow adheres to any device (but perhaps also easily removable and somehow if it could be made to fix onto an existing phone case..)
    08-14-15 09:38 PM
    Ooh, ooh. make a slider keypad that clicks onto and off of a device just as an Otterbox clicks into its holster! hehe

Either way, to answer the question, I'd stick with BlackBerry just as there keyboard is so preferable to me
    08-14-15 09:42 PM
    Curious to know what the user reviews will be.

Visually the keyboard doesn't look practical. The real world users may like it. IMHO i t doesn't appeal to me.

Just make a slider

Sent via Passport!
    luc4625 likes this.
    08-14-15 09:46 PM
    It's funny how people are quick to judge a new product when compared to something they are familiar with. Personally I think the keyboard looks fine. We haven't seen the real thing yet so it might look and feel differently in person then on the videos. It might even perform better then BlackBerry "double typing" keyboards. If it isn't then why would Samsung even make it.

When the Passport pics were first leaked everyone think its the most hideous phone ever. People thought BlackBerry were out of their minds but look at how well the reviews and practicality of the phone are after it was launched.

I for one am not a Samsung fan but my question stands for people are who feels BlackBerry should make a physical Android keyboard phone, do they have a chance with a giant like Samsung who's now officially targeting a piece of the physical keyboard market.
    I thought you're an Android hater, or is there someone thats using your account?lol.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10  
    08-14-15 10:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think OP is actually a Blackberry fan.
    08-14-15 10:27 PM
    Funny how defensive so many people here are being.

It's a case. There have been a lot of bluetooth keyboard cases over the past few years, for both iPhones and Galaxy phones. If this is like the others, it will have low depth of travel, and will lack the kind of feeling we're accustomed to from built-in keyboards.

That being said, Samsung is pushing back into a market that they used to share with BlackBerry, Motorola, Nokia, and others. Remember the Samsung Jack? There are almost no non-BlackBerry keyboard phones available from major manufacturers. In fact, the only ones released in the last year were low-end LG's. So, it makes sense to try to recoup some of that market, if possible, especially since there might be some phone buyers out there who want a keyboard, but clearly do not want a BlackBerry anymore. Some people will just buy it on a lark too.

But if you really enjoy having a keyboard, you probably want a BlackBerry. Say a few hail Mary's and hopefully you'll escape the double typing.
    08-14-15 10:47 PM
    Have you seen that thing - That is an ugly piece of clunky plastic!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:56 PM
146 12345 ...