For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    Chandra Prabu likes this.
    08-14-15 02:44 AM
    Did you take a serious look @ that keyboard...they must be joking...

And making a pkb is not difficult, but to implement it in the software is another story... this is where BlackBerry still rocks.
    So yeah, i do not believe that this will hurt BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 03:20 AM
    That Samsung click-on keyboard looks to be made from cheap plastic, like a prize out of a Cracker Jack box.
    Interesting that it comes prior to the release of BlackBerry slider that looks like (or is) a Edge derivative.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-14-15 03:45 AM
    For all who said an Android keyboard phone would differentiate BlackBerry from the crowded Android market, why would I choose Blackberry now that Samsung have an oem keyboard case?
    You have looked at that keyboard right? Lmfao, this is not the late '80's.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz and LoneStarRed like this.
    08-14-15 03:47 AM
    You have looked at that keyboard right? Lmfao, this is not the late '80's.

Posted via CB10
    Some people must still be living the 80's haha

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:04 AM
    Serious question?

I really like Samsung and the new Note 5 seems to be an awesome device. I'm actually considering getting one.

However, it is a touchscreen device and nothing else. If I want a keyboard, I'd go for BlackBerry because their keyboards are so superior to anything else on the market.

If I don't want a keyboard, I wouldn't care about that keyboard cover case anyways.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 06:33 AM
    The only reason to stay with Blackberry in the modern world is security - whether it is BBM protected or being able to turn off the Spyware aspect of apps.

The less BlackBerry focuses on this, the less relevant they will be.

Posted via CB10
    sirius27 likes this.
    08-14-15 07:30 AM
    Best Wishes!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:08 AM
    What is this some kind of joke!?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:10 AM
    If I want a keyboard, I'd go for BlackBerry because their keyboards are so superior to anything else on the market.
    This!

Osores odierint! Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-14-15 08:10 AM

And making a pkb is not difficult, but to implement it in the software is another story... this is where BlackBerry still rocks.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know... it seems that making a QWERTY device that doesn't double type, is a little difficult.

Not hurt BlackBerry? When sales of BB10 devices is already under million per quarter and tracking to be under 3 million per year. I would not be so confident that Samsung hasn't targeted BlackBerry. Both the S6 and NOTE are Business devices, if you fail to see that these accessories are meant to fill a gap that is being created by the move away from BlackBerry... .

And I wouldn't be surprised if the IPhone 6S doesn't get an accessory like this along with changes to iOS 9 to allow similar functions. (then again Apple does take a while to "invent" something... so it will probable be the iPhone 7 and iOS 10)

Either way BlackBerry's niche (whatever it is), is getting a little more company.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-14-15 08:19 AM
    Easy answer....Blackberry keyboard are mostly built-in such as passport, Q10 to name a few, whilst samsung keyboard is an add-on?? Oh and one more thing, I don't dump my wife at the sight of a sexy lady, u know what I mean? Cheers, bro

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and John Villareal like this.
    08-14-15 08:23 AM
    The keyboard/case is being ridiculed by reviewers like this one, on Mashable: "Samsung's $80 Keyboard Cover for the Galaxy Note 5 won't help you text faster - Samsung's $80 Keyboard Cover for the Galaxy Note 5 won't help you text faster via Reddit in Motion"

‎One favourite quote from the review:

"The keys are flat and don't have the perfected arc curvature that BlackBerry phone keyboards have. (I would know, I reviewed the BlackBerry Classic and it has an amazing keyboard.) "
    08-14-15 09:00 AM
    I don't know... it seems that making a QWERTY device that doesn't double type, is a little difficult.

Not hurt BlackBerry? When sales of BB10 devices is already under million per quarter and tracking to be under 3 million per year. I would not be so confident that Samsung hasn't targeted BlackBerry. Both the S6 and NOTE are Business devices, if you fail to see that these accessories are meant to fill a gap that is being created by the move away from BlackBerry... .

And I wouldn't be surprised if the IPhone 6S doesn't get an accessory like this along with changes to iOS 9 to allow similar functions. (then again Apple does take a while to "invent" something... so it will probable be the iPhone 7 and iOS 10)

Either way BlackBerry's niche (whatever it is), is getting a little more company.
    I never stated that those devices are bussines...
    All i meant to say was that the feeling of this keyboard will not come close to a BlackBerry keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-14-15 09:00 AM
    I never stated that those devices are bussines...
    All i meant to say was that the feeling of this keyboard will not come close to a BlackBerry keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    I will agree that BlackBerry has pretty much perfected the keyboard experience. I really can't imaging typing on flat keys like the Samsung ones appear to be.

But then I can't imaging going back to a QWERTY device either....
    will308 likes this.
    08-14-15 09:06 AM
    It's interesting how some people thought that Samsung was a partner now and not a competitor.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 09:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    I get what you're saying but it could hurt BlackBerry, in that it would eliminate a reason for a former BlackBerry user from returning. For that matter, even an android lifer who may have considered a PKB. You have to assume android users love their OS too. The lack of PKB/OS integration (which may come in time) wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker.
    08-14-15 09:11 AM
    No disrespect intended personally, but I would have to ask, we have BlackBerry, why would you choose an Android Operating System on any brand phone? I've worked on a couple for friends that had OS issues. It is a mess.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 09:27 AM
    I get what you're saying but it could hurt BlackBerry, in that it would eliminate a reason for a former BlackBerry user from returning. For that matter, even an android lifer who may have considered a PKB. You have to assume android users love their OS too. The lack of PKB/OS integration (which may come in time) wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker.
    Of course it could hurt. Thanks for injecting an ounce of realism.

Anything that makes gold think twice about adopting or returning to BlackBerry devices is non-optimal. I doubt too many folks will converge I this, but still...

People here were equally dismissive of Typo. BlackBerry clearly took it seriously.
    08-14-15 09:40 AM
    No disrespect intended personally, but I would have to ask, we have BlackBerry, why would you choose an Android Operating System on any brand phone? I've worked on a couple for friends that had OS issues. It is a mess.
    BlackBerry surely believes Android is good enough to stake a runtime on, and reportedly even to adopt.
    08-14-15 09:42 AM
    This case with keyboard is not connected to any battery nor USB cable.

Samsung Just Made a Keyboard Case. Why Stay with BlackBerry Now?-samsung-pay-accessories-0016-970x647-c.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 09:43 AM
    just buy and samsung and a ketboard and have fun with it
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 09:44 AM
    This keyboard looks horrible. I mean Blackberry phones with keyboards look beautiful. Samsung looks like some cheap Chinese knockoff. Besides Samsung OS are not optimized for keyboard. Blackberry phones are designed around physical keyboard. Honestly I am totally intrigued by passport running Android. I would take that phone any time over anything Samsung.
    08-14-15 09:56 AM
    I thought you were a Passport aficionado!

Are you jumping ship?

BlackBerry Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    08-14-15 10:02 AM
    As I recall you ranted nonstop about how laggy. Android becomes over time.

Why would I consider leaving the perfection of BB10 nicely integrated to great hardware?

My world is not constrained by the so-called app ecosystem.

BlackBerry Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-14-15 10:09 AM
146 123 ...