02-15-12 08:39 PM
31 12
tools
    Means nothing junior. When somebody comes out with a candybar form factor phone, here, now, in 2012, do you honestly think they're targeting Nokia? Click to view quoted image
    Of course not. After all, we know that there is a huge anti-RIM conspiracy

Edit. They are targeting people who want QWERTY candybars, not a particular company.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-15-12 at 11:38 PM.
    02-15-12 06:24 PM
    RIM needs to be concerned for a of a lot of reasons. Samsung releasing a keyboard device could possibly, just possibly, conceivably mean that just possibly maybe there are people who WANT keyboards?!?!?! NAH!!!!! Could it be?!?!
    There will always be people that prefer physical keyboards. That is no worth disputing. What the last few years have shown is that many people previously bought phones with physical keyboards weren't buying them because of the keyboard. I think if you did some pollng you'd likely find that the average user of a phone with a physical keyboard values that keyboard more than the typical 2006 user, mostly because there are enough touchscreen options now that people aren't really buying devices with physical keyboards unless they want them, or vice versa.
    02-15-12 06:33 PM
    Physical keyboards aren't dead. But the release of this device doesn't mean the physical keyboard market isn't "dying" either. This is one device out of their entire lineup. Of course they are going to try and appeal to the physical keyboard market. And they are using this one new device to do so.
    02-15-12 06:50 PM
    Physical keyboards aren't dead. But the release of this device doesn't mean the physical keyboard market isn't "dying" either. This is one device out of their entire lineup. Of course they are going to try and appeal to the physical keyboard market. And they are using this one new device to do so.
    There's a whole other thread about whether keyboards are dying or not. This one is about whether or not Samsung is imitating BlackBerry, which they obviously are not because nobody wants keyboards on their phones and there were keyboard phones out long before BlackBerry's. At least that's what I'm inferring. If that's inaccurate, it's probably due to the fact that I just don't care any more. Hence this, my third utterly nonsensical post of the day.

Or maybe it's my fourth.

I really don't care.

02-15-12 07:08 PM
    There's a whole other thread about whether keyboards are dying or not. This one is about whether or not Samsung is imitating BlackBerry, which they obviously are not because nobody wants keyboards on their phones and there were keyboard phones out long before BlackBerry's. At least that's what I'm inferring. If that's inaccurate, it's probably due to the fact that I just don't care any more. Hence this, my third utterly nonsensical post of the day.

Or maybe it's my fourth.

I really don't care.

Click to view quoted image
    Like a poster above said, Samsung copies everyone. This isn't the first device by Samsung to try and imitate a BB and I'm sure it won't be the last. All the manufacturers have done it.
    02-15-12 07:29 PM
    Not gonna trade this for my BB, the keyboard looks hideous
    02-15-12 08:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD