I must admit, can't make much sense out of it. Hopefully Umi is making an article that could explain what all these mean for us Blackberry fans.

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418
    neoberry99 likes this.
    11-13-14 11:11 PM
    Totally agree!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:13 PM
    I'm wondering if this gives BlackBerry a back door to implement Google Play Services. *crossesfingers*

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer, saxxman and neoberry99 like this.
    11-13-14 11:17 PM
    I'm curios too.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-13-14 11:54 PM
    Is Chris still around after ' I can't live without Google ( spying on me) services ' statement?

I don't think that there is anything hidden in the BlackBerry and Samsung partnership, but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:11 AM
    Doesn't really mean anything to BlackBerry device fans except that BlackBerry will likely have more services/software revenue to keep a relatively smaller hardware unit going.

I do not think this means that Chen is hoping to free himself from providing his own hardware to continue touting the "end to end" spiel, by handing the mantle over to Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:31 AM
    I'm wondering if this gives BlackBerry a back door to implement Google Play Services. *crossesfingers*

Posted via CB10
    Ha, are you kidding?

Samsung does not have any authority over Google. In fact, it is very much the other way around with Google demanding phone manufacturers on what to do.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    11-14-14 02:00 AM
    If samsung is as secured as BlackBerry, then what's the reason for "business/security" people to choose BlackBerry? More apps, more games, same security. BlackBerry 10 OS would be the only leverage for the bb10 devices. But again, what's the leverage of BlackBerry 10 OS for the people outside CrackBerry nation? Do they even know what BlackBerry 10 OS is?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by malingering; 11-14-14 at 02:32 AM.
    jason9900 likes this.
    11-14-14 02:19 AM
    I too am waiting for Chris' article on the whole host of stuff announced at the enterprise event.

Offtopic:
    Having used a friend's S5 for some considerable length of time (figuring out multiple issues he was having, LoL), I can easily say Android UI is a mess with regards to productivity. Even my 9860 with 7.1 was better.

Would absolutely hate to see Android on BlackBerry devices.
    BB10 on Samsung h/w would be okay but not needed if BlackBerry stays/ decides to stay in the h/w business.

CB10 @ Q5
    11-14-14 05:57 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses Umi's posts......

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:07 AM
    If samsung is as secured as BlackBerry, then what's the reason for "business/security" people to choose BlackBerry? More apps, more games, same security. BlackBerry 10 OS would be the only leverage for the bb10 devices. But again, what's the leverage of BlackBerry 10 OS for the people outside CrackBerry nation? Do they even know what BlackBerry 10 OS is?

Posted via CB10
    Knox doesn't allow very many apps as it is. So you would get a messy UI and no apps, but top security. I'd choose BlackBerry any day.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    11-14-14 06:36 AM
    Knox doesn't allow very many apps as it is. So you would get a messy UI and no apps, but top security. I'd choose BlackBerry any day.

Posted via CB10
    oh, so knox does apps limitation? I didn't know that. Then there is still hope for BlackBerry device, I suppose. Hopefully BlackBerry can strive again..

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:44 AM
    There are a LOT of well informed (and better informed) guys in this thread..You/we/nobody needs chris's article..

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=666490

Ask there or just read the last 10-12 pages (on CB app)..
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-14-14 06:45 AM
    Chris who?
    smart548 likes this.
    11-14-14 06:47 AM
    ^^^ Honestly I didn't have any idea about the apps thingy. Plus the Android UI is definitely messy.

BlackBerry is the choice for people like us! :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    11-14-14 07:18 AM
    I think we're missing the bottom line here, which is that Samsung will be selling BES 12. Sure, they will say that it has been optimized to play well with Knox as part of their pitch, but a BES 12 customer is a BES 12 customer. Once a company fires up a BES 12 environment, then they likely will allow users to use whatever device is supported (depending on their security level), and it's pretty safe to say BB10 devices would satisfy whatever Knox does.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    11-14-14 07:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    What does Samsung have to do with Google Play Services?
    11-14-14 07:42 AM

Offtopic:
    Having used a friend's S5 for some considerable length of time (figuring out multiple issues he was having, LoL), I can easily say Android UI is a mess with regards to productivity. Even my 9860 with 7.1 was better.
    One thing to remember is that Samsung does not use the native Android interface. They have their own UI - called TouchWiz on top of the OS.

It is a mess, and many complain about it - yet Samsung continues to use it. Even with the upcoming Android 5 Lollipop, Samsung is still going to find a way to goop it up.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:31 AM
    I think we're missing the bottom line here, which is that Samsung will be selling BES 12. Sure, they will say that it has been optimized to play well with Knox as part of their pitch, but a BES 12 customer is a BES 12 customer. Once a company fires up a BES 12 environment, then they likely will allow users to use whatever device is supported (depending on their security level), and it's pretty safe to say BB10 devices would satisfy whatever Knox does.

Posted via CB10
    You are exactly right - this deal is about Samsung promoting BES12 and in turn BES12 supporting Knox enabled Samsung devices.

There are a lot of organizations which use Android devices and this puts BES12 front and center as the go to MDM solution.

Now they mentioned that this is only the tip of the iceberg for this partnership and we can only speculate what will come of it. I think a nearer term outcome might be BBM coming pre-installed on Samsung mobile devices. Someone else mentioned BBM Meetings could come pre-installed on Samsung smart TVs, I think that would be brilliant.

There are some fearing (or hoping) that it could mean Android (or even just Google Services) on BlackBerry phones. I highly doubt that would happen. In fact it's Samsung that would love not to be dependent on Google. Maybe, just maybe, we could see a BB10 licensing deal down the road where we could see Samsung produce some phones operating BB10. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

For now the biggest thing this partnership means is that Samsung will be promoting BES12 to organizations that may not have been considering BlackBerry and it sends a huge message that BlackBerry is not dead and not dying.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1016 | Bell | via CB10
    Last edited by laketrout73; 11-14-14 at 09:48 AM.
    11-14-14 08:54 AM
    I must admit, can't make much sense out of it. Hopefully Umi is making an article that could explain what all these mean for us Blackberry fans.

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418
    Is Mr. Umi the guy with the suit as an avatar with the brown hair? He looks like a corporate guy. And his articles are very good.

You have him and bestest Blaze I really enjoy reading the articles.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where does that come from? Knox requires separate approval, outside of Google, to be allowed in. Any app can be approved.

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/produ.../features/apps
    11-14-14 09:03 AM
    There are a LOT of well informed (and better informed) guys in this thread..You/we/nobody needs chris's article..

I support BBRY and I buy shares ! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Ask there or just read the last 10-12 pages (on CB app)..
    Where it's happy, happy, joy, joy 24/7/365? Be careful. The money you lose listening to some of those guys, although your own fault, will still be real money. People who pointed out the fallacy of some of their info are run off.
    11-14-14 09:05 AM
    For me, it's the best of both worlds. I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a BlackBerry Z10. I enjoy both devices very much. Why do I use both? Well, I switch back and forth because I get bored with the same device after a while. I don't claim to be as knowledgeable as many here seem to be about different platforms, however, it seems to me that neither BlackBerry nor Samsung would partner up unless they both stood to profit from the partnership. If it helps BlackBerry in any way, I say go for it.
    kbz1960, m1a1mg and TgeekB like this.
    11-14-14 09:17 AM
    What does Samsung have to do with Google Play Services?
    Nothing really. But slippery slopes often start out of sheer happenstance. A successful BlackBerry/Samsung collaboration and BlackBerry users flocking to the Amazon AppStore might convince Google that there's revenue to be had. Only obstacles are BlackBerry and Google's hardliners on some issues.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    shaleem likes this.
    11-14-14 09:30 AM
    Chris doesn't understand Asia. The samsung deal was all about saving face.. samsung knox was a disaster and Sammy now has much bigger problems then competing with BlackBerry in enterprise. It's about to get its clocked cleaned in the consumer market. It's greatest strength having been able to hitch a ride on Google's android will soon become it's great weakness. It's looking for a way out and alternative partnerships... BlackBerry is its only hope.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:31 AM
48 12