As we all know, RIM has been trying hard to satisfy us all over the past few years. But all they get in return from majority of their customers is "Really? This is what RIM has to offer us? Why does the android and iPhones have better specs? We deserve better!" Or something along those lines. Since the Torch came out, all we've been hearing is "why the same old crappy proccessor again?" Or "why the same screen res found on the Storm series?" And so on. Now that we've heard that RIM is steping up to the plate with better specs than expected from the recently leaked devices specs, some people are yet not satisfied. Torch 2 to be specific. We all know or should know that this device won't be a flagship in fact just an upgrade to what was expected to be on the original Torch. Even though it looks like RIM has finally got on par with the rest of the platforms, its always the very demanding customers who are expecting even more from RIM. RIM is not playing the catchup and get ahead game judging from what we've seen in the past until now but trying to get leveled and continue with the other projects they're currently working on. As much as those very demanding customers expect a super Blackberry from RIM, i'm talking specs 10 years ahead, I don't think it will happen. So my solution to those thoughts would be to be patient and slow down a bit with the specs that none of the platforms haven't even come close to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 01-16-11 at 08:52 PM.
    01-16-11 08:38 PM
    I am a Crackberry addict and i approve this message.
    This is a very true.

BLACKBERRY FOR LIFE!!
    01-16-11 08:47 PM
    Ok. I'm just going to switch from BlackBerry to get the phone I want. No big whoop.

01-16-11 08:52 PM
    Ok. I'm just going to switch from BlackBerry to get the phone I want. No big whoop.

Go ahead, no one is stopping you. But we will still be here once your back in a couple of months

01-16-11 08:55 PM
    Well, I'll stuck with a 2 year contract!

01-16-11 08:56 PM

You can always sell and buy a new phone if you get tired of one.

01-16-11 09:01 PM
    As we all know, RIM has been trying hard to satisfy us all over the past few years. But all they get in return from majority of their customers is "Really? This is what RIM has to offer us? Why does the android and iPhones have better specs? We deserve better!" Or something along those lines. Since the Torch came out, all we've been hearing is "why the same old crappy proccessor again?" Or "why the same screen res found on the Storm series?" And so on. Now that we've heard that RIM is steping up to the plate with better specs than expected from the recently leaked devices specs, some people are yet not satisfied. Torch 2 to be specific. We all know or should know that this device won't be a flagship in fact just an upgrade to what was expected to be on the original Torch. Even though it looks like RIM has finally got on par with the rest of the platforms, its always the very demanding customers who are expecting even more from RIM. RIM is not playing the catchup and get ahead game judging from what we've seen in the past until now but trying to get leveled and continue with the other projects they're currently working on. As much as those very demanding customers expect a super Blackberry from RIM, i'm talking specs 10 years ahead, I don't think it will happen. So my solution to those thoughts would be to be patient and slow down a bit with the specs that none of the platforms haven't even come close to.

Please, no excuses. They sat back and did nothing until they were behind their competition. There is no excuse for it. Sorry no sympathy from me. They will just have to take the flak.
    01-16-11 09:15 PM
    Yeah. But that doesn't explain the specs they're currently having.

Their strong selling point I think is latin america. But even here people are noticing that they're better phones for the same price and that BBM is not a necessity and they are switching platforms.. RIM has no time to catch up IMO.
    01-16-11 09:20 PM
    But we will still be here once your back in a couple of months
    It is this type of arrogance that has RIM literally hemorrhaging customers to both Apple and Android.
    01-16-11 09:23 PM
    Yeah. But that doesn't explain the specs they're currently having.

Their strong selling point I think is latin america. But even here people are noticing that they're better phones for the same price and that BBM is not a necessity and they are switching platforms.. RIM has no time to catch up IMO.
    I agree with you. They are just incompetent in my opinion. Things change and they didn't.
    01-16-11 09:24 PM
    I just think its funny when I read some people post about how android and iphone are toys but then turn around and complain that RIM should get better specs to compete with the same devices they make fun of. Make up your mind and get what u want, who cares what its called.

01-16-11 10:10 PM
    It is this type of arrogance that has RIM literally hemorrhaging customers to both Apple and Android.
    And it's this kind of post that readily defines the average Forum Troll.

01-16-11 10:20 PM

Chrisy, before signing away on a 2-year ride, why don't you pick up a decent used Android and give it a trial run? Verizon doesn't stop you from doing that, and then when it's upgrade time, you'll know if that's what you really want. I mean, there are a great many similarities between the Operating systems, but if it works for you, faster and improved will be what you look forward to. Yes, it's my 2 cents, but until you've test driven one, you'll just be going on the opinions of others.

01-16-11 10:27 PM
    I mean really? If you don't like BlackBerry your welcome to us another platform. J don't know what makes you Rim haters think that Rim is pitching to you. You think its stupid that in ur sarcastic opinions think Rim has gotting behind. I think its stupid you bought a BlackBerry thinking it was a droid? Really think about who's actually showing some smarts. Don't just go away go away made....

01-16-11 10:42 PM
    First of all, you say i'm ignorrant yet in my OP I was totally being unbias infact I've also added to my comment that no one was stopping Chrisy520 from jumping ship. Second of all, in the same comment to Chrisy520 that I've made "...But we will still be here once your back in a couple of months." This is a typical behavior for a long time bb user, they jump ship and end up comming back. I've done the same as well, used an iPhone for a month and a half and came back to BB. So your judgment is no longer valid.

01-16-11 11:33 PM
    Best post of this thread and the most factual!

The truth hurts...
    01-17-11 12:19 AM
    I just think its funny when I read some people post about how android and iphone are toys but then turn around and complain that RIM should get better specs to compete with the same devices they make fun of. Make up your mind and get what u want, who cares what its called.

So true
    01-17-11 12:21 AM
    In my opinion RIM has not been trying hard to satisfy us at all.

I think there doing just enough to get by and I think they will pay for it this year.

01-17-11 12:35 AM
    Honestly i'm tired of this Blackberry vs Other platforms thing. As long as the Torch 2 comes out i'm happy. All I want is a solid build as opposed to the current Torch, faster processor, and a better batterylife, was also hoping for flash but we'll see how things go. The rest i'm fine with what the current Torch has. Happy with where I am now and that's all that matters, its not my job to defend RIM or any other Company. I've started this thread in hopes to end the "I want better specs RIM or i'm leaving!" Rants or threads. My job is to enjoy what I have bought which I am now and yes RIM has met my requirement and i'm greatful with what have instores for me. As for those of you who fall in "I want better specs RIM or i'm leaving!" Category, good luck finding the right place to settle in.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-17-11 at 01:05 AM.
    01-17-11 01:02 AM

me too, but once i'm out, i'm on the contract-free wind mobile and will stick with my blackberry.

01-17-11 01:16 AM
    Honestly i'm tired of this Blackberry vs Other platforms thing. As long as the Torch 2 comes out i'm happy. All I want is a solid build as opposed to the current Torch, faster processor, and a better batterylife, was also hoping for flash but we'll see how things go. The rest i'm fine with what the current Torch has. Happy with where I am now and that's all that matters, its not my job to defend RIM or any other Company. I've started this thread in hopes to end the "I want better specs RIM or i'm leaving!" Rants or threads. My job is to enjoy what I have bought which I am now and yes RIM has met my requirement and i'm greatful with what have instores for me. As for those of you who fall in "I want better specs RIM or i'm leaving!" Category, good luck finding the right place to settle in.

I can understand that. Personally tired of the muckrakers and such, as well. An uprated Torch would be nice, as would some other devices. Seeing them kick the Curve up a couple of notches is nice, also. Coming off of the Tour, I've found Style to be a pretty nice device to run for the next year or so that I'll have it. It hasn't been a disappointment for me, and I'd like to see a couple more OS options come for it, soon.

01-17-11 01:44 AM
    Chrisy, before signing away on a 2-year ride, why don't you pick up a decent used Android and give it a trial run? Verizon doesn't stop you from doing that, and then when it's upgrade time, you'll know if that's what you really want. I mean, there are a great many similarities between the Operating systems, but if it works for you, faster and improved will be what you look forward to. Yes, it's my 2 cents, but until you've test driven one, you'll just be going on the opinions of others.

I'll definitely take advantage of the trial period (when it's time to upgrade) once I get the new phone. Plan A is Android, Plan B is Storm 3! But I wonder if 30 days is enough to decide if I like Android. I remember when I first got my 8330 (from LG enV) I hated it! It took me a while to really see it's potential and discover all that it could do.

I think it's a silly that some folks are getting so heated and resort to name calling. We're just discussing phones. All the platforms have their pros and cons. I'm not married to any of them. I'll try Android. If I don't like it, I'll be back to BlackBerry. If I like I'll stay with it. I don't want any of the companies to fail though because that reduces our choices and competition.

01-17-11 05:59 AM
    I'll definitely take advantage of the trial period (when it's time to upgrade) once I get the new phone. Plan A is Android, Plan B is Storm 3! But I wonder if 30 days is enough to decide if I like Android. I remember when I first got my 8330 (from LG enV) I hated it! It took me a while to really see it's potential and discover all that it could do.
    I liked it right from the moment I picked it up, but then again I'm a technology fan and enjoy learning new stuff. It'll be interesting to see how you like it. It may take a bit to see its' full potential though also. I'm not sure I'm using mine to its absolute full potential yet.

I think it's a silly that some folks are getting so heated and resort to name calling. We're just discussing phones. All the platforms have their pros and cons. I'm not married to any of them. I'll try Android. If I don't like it, I'll be back to BlackBerry. If I like I'll stay with it. I don't want any of the companies to fail though because that reduces our choices and competition.

I agree with that completely. I'm surprised folks take it as seriously as they do. The only thing I can think is they take negative comments on the device they chose as negative comments about themselves and lash out as a result. As you say, it is just a phone. No reason for anyone to get mad over, etc.
    01-17-11 08:11 AM
    I was the same with my 8330 coming from WinMo. Things I liked from WinMo my BB didn't do, but because I was running both at once I learned to love my BB.

I am jealous of you Americans, 30 days to try a new phone! We get 15 days or 15 minutes of Air time to evaluate a phone, I generally am through the 15 min of Air time in the first day, so I have to pick and commit, luckly I buy some phones out of contract.

01-17-11 09:44 AM
    You're not American?! I didn't know that. But yeah, it's hard not to compare devices too much when you switch. Just have to see if the pros outweigh the cons!

01-17-11 09:47 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD