Went into a well known phone shop in the uk, was doing some work business. While I was waiting I was looking around, sales person comes over asks if I need any help. I said I wanted to look at a Z30, oh he says we don,t stock BB. I asked why because they are CRAP was his reply.
    Well this got me going, I said why the sweeping statement, have you seen the new phones. The answer was no, so I took out my Z10, so I said why are they crap well you cant do anything on them. Like what I said and here is what happened.

1. He said if I swipe from the top I get the settings, I said same here.
    2. I said if you are in any application can you see your mail and messages, without closing the application his reply NO, well in BB you can and I showed him.
    3. There are so many android apps he said, so I said you can load them right on to a BB phone now.
    4. I also pointed out it is the most secure phone out.
    5. I also demonstrated all the other cool features of BB10

All he would say then was, its down to personal choice, so it went from being CRAP to its down to personal choice.
    I think on all levels he was put in his place, I left with a large smile on my face.
    JamBueree likes this.
    05-16-14 03:10 AM
    Thanks for the post, OP. There are still a lot of people out there who have only been exposed to the old BBOS blackberry devices and don't have a clue about the new BB10. Unfortunately BlackBerry has not done enough to educate them, so it fell on you as a customer to do so. Even if the salesperson has his own preference, at least he now understands the capabilities and the features of the BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    05-16-14 03:43 AM
    I have done the same thing here in the USA many times, but with no advertising or expose to the product, the brand is dead here.

I sold my z10 and z30 to my nephew yesterday because one of my major clients will not support Blackberry devices on the email server anymore and are now using the iPhone 5 & 5s with their own custom apps.

Until someone up there in Waterloo decides to start reviving the brand here, i am afraid they are going to become a distant memory and I don't see it changing any time soon here in the USA.

Android and IOS devices have become part of the culture here now and that's just the way it is.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    BB_Junky likes this.
    05-16-14 03:48 AM