Hi all new crackberry user! Just ordered two new blackberrys for myself both on AT&T and I was wondering could I use the same blackberry email (att.blackberry.net) on both of my new phones? Or is one blackberry email limited to just one phone at a time?
    12-10-09 09:34 PM
    That's an excellent question one deep
    12-11-09 02:34 AM
    I guess it depends on how you have them set-up.

If you have two BIS accounts, one for each phone then the answer will be no. The carrier BB email address is BIS account specific.

If you have one BIS account and plan on changing phones (one for daytime and one for evening) then switching the sim cards and the PIN on the BIS would mean they'd just go to whichever phone was active on the BIS at the time.

Doing it the second way would of course mean you would not have complete email records on either phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 11:14 AM
    Well with each phone, you're going to have a seperate BIS account for each one, because they're PIN specific, so I don't think you could have say unknown@att.blackberry.net and have it control both devices.

It'd be kinda nice though wouldn't it?

Now you should be able to sync a different e-mail on both devices. If you have a home e-mail address and you want it on both BB's you should be able to do that...
    12-11-09 11:36 AM
    Hi all new crackberry user! Just ordered two new blackberrys for myself both on AT&T and I was wondering could I use the same blackberry email (att.blackberry.net) on both of my new phones? Or is one blackberry email limited to just one phone at a time?
    you could use the auto forward on the phone to have it forwarded to the other device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 12:13 PM
    thanks for all the help what about mail I send. Could I send it from one blackberry and have it show up in the sent folder for another blackberry? I'll guess I'll mess with once I get the phones
    12-11-09 12:28 PM
    thanks for all the help what about mail I send. Could I send it from one blackberry and have it show up in the sent folder for another blackberry? I'll guess I'll mess with once I get the phones
    Now that I don't think is possible, the BB will only keep a record of e-mail sent from that handset. It will not make record of any e-mail that is sent from a desktop computer, or another BB.
    12-11-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD