not sure how this has happened i ve been given a phone loaded and synched it as it had not been used but my bbm is coming up as the person who gave me the phone even though they are using a different device - I though the bbm was to the device not the contract, phone or sim? can someone please help me - i need my bbm
    10-23-12 01:28 PM
    Not sure I follow. Each BB phone has it own BBM ID & there no way to change it.
    10-23-12 01:36 PM
    thats what i though - got the phone up and running - came to add bbm pins and found that the bbm pin on my phone is being used as the bbm on my aunts phone - i am so confused she even sent a bbm to show that it is hers to my moms phone!!!
    10-23-12 01:51 PM
    So your saying that your BBM pin on your phone is the same BBM pin on you aunts phone. Not possible. Where did you get your phone from.
    10-23-12 02:07 PM
    Uhh, his or her aunt?
    10-23-12 06:55 PM
    IF a bbm contact switches devices using DM, then the contact pin will be changed and you will not notice anything, it is updated automatically.
    10-24-12 01:36 AM
    You can have the same BBM on ANY BlackBerry phone, just not at the same time.
    10-24-12 03:29 AM
    The contacts will still have your old PIN unless you tell them to update their BBM list with your new PIN.
    10-24-12 10:34 PM
    The contacts will still have your old PIN unless you tell them to update their BBM list with your new PIN.
    No, it's automatic now.

I can bbm from one device and 5 minutes later from another and my contacts wouldn't have a clue.
    10-25-12 02:55 AM
    Sending messages works, but not sending a group invite, because you need the new pin. It happened just the other day, so I'm sure of it.
    10-25-12 12:44 PM
    Sending messages works, but not sending a group invite, because you need the new pin. It happened just the other day, so I'm sure of it.
    A proper restore will recover groups too on a new device, however, that has failed me in the past a few times. I think the main thing is to let it complete the restore before you attempt to message. A couple of minutes at least.
    10-25-12 01:06 PM
    A proper restore will recover groups too on a new device, however, that has failed me in the past a few times. I think the main thing is to let it complete the restore before you attempt to message. A couple of minutes at least.
    Your restore will give you older pins if you use an old restore. That is why I ask for updated pins if I can when I update or restore.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 10-26-12 at 03:34 PM.
    10-25-12 11:28 PM
    Uhh, his or her aunt?
    Its kinda confusing the way he wrote it, but it looks like the aunt gave him the blackberry. So his mom would have the aunt as a BBM contact with the aunt's old pin even though he is using the phone now. Wiping the phone won't change that on his mom's phone.
    10-26-12 03:36 PM
    You can have the same BBM on ANY BlackBerry phone, just not at the same time.
    Are you referring to the PIN or just the BBM app? I got lost there.
    10-26-12 05:46 PM
    Are you referring to the PIN or just the BBM app? I got lost there.
    Neither lol, you can move your bbm identity and contacts to any other BB device, your contacts will never know you're on a new BB or new PIN, the change happens automatically.

For example for a couple of months I was carrying 2 BB trying to separate work from personal. One weekend day I left on a train trip with the kids and a few friends but I left the 9700 with BBM behind. I quicky restored my BBM to the 9900 I had with me and was able to BBM away. Once I got home I restored BBM back to the 9700.

My contacts never knew anything about the change.
    10-27-12 03:17 AM