WOW!!!!

I've read this entire thread; watched it morph from how device salespersons belittle the Berry, to the lack of misinformed users dumping their Berry to use what they believe to be a better device. The rhetoric is excellent!

In all of this, there is still one prevalent aspect that stands out...

How little former Berry users know about the current state of Blackberries, and how non-Berry users call their opinions "fact" without posting their source of relevant information. When you COMBINE these points, the singular aspect becomes "misinformed". This is exactly why sales personnel can hawk their wares so effectively. And this is why Blackberry users are so adamantly against users of other devices slandering Blackberries.

I've read the nonsensical "Blackberries don't have this app, THAT'S why I went with this device", the "RIM isn't catering to my needs, so I went with THIS device", the "Berries can't compare to this device, they're old and they suck"...blah, blah, blah.

What I haven't read was "I got this device because I really like it"

It matters less to me what type of sale a salesperson can commission off of me. When I go to the drive-thru of ANY fast food spot, and the automated prompt to purchase the new things goes thru the routine of boring me, once it's done...I'm ordering a number 5 with a vault to drink. It's what I REALLY like, and as long as it's available, I'm going to keep consuming it.

There is no way you can convince me that an iphone is better than a Blackberry, because of sales figures.

There's no way you're going to tell me an Android has apps that a Blackberry doesn't, and I'm going to accept that as true

What I will tell you, the salesperson, etc., is that my money is green, I have it to spend, and if you don't supply it I will find someone/place that does.

Has Americas way of marketing items gone down the toilet; does that salesperson at that particular chain suck; could things be better...YES. Until it gets better, I'm on OS7.1. My device can compete, and I have MY own performance figures and apps to prove it
    kraski, Fenrir26, ZMc1834 and 1 others like this.
    01-24-12 04:21 PM
    I don't believe it. Since reading your post I've tried it out. My blackberry has kept up with me the whole time.
    To offset a difference in our type speeds I've just randomly hit keys. Blackberry right with me. I'm sending this gibberish to my daughter. My blackberry hasn't stumbled the 1st time.
    So to speed up I copied a whole txt and keep pasting and sending and sure thing the blackberry is way ahead of me. So I started switching and send txt and emails. Not the 1st bog down. Now if I have that much going on I'm hiring me assistant. Lol
    What exactly are you trying to say with this post? Your BB has kept up with your typing speed the whole time, without stumbling?

Tre said that for HIM, BB's weren't as good at messaging. And it seems you went and had a competition with yourself, trying to prove him wrong..
    01-24-12 04:30 PM
    Really, so you can communicate faster on anything then Blackberry? So every other platform out there is better at communicating then Blackberry?

You certainly spend a lot of time here for somebody believing that.
    Okay. I know that one saying that BlackBerry devices are not the epitome of orgasmic messaging is like waving a red flag in front of your face, but if you don't mind, please show me where I said every platform out there is better at communicating than BlackBerry. I think highly of myself, but I don't consider myself "everybody."

While you're at it, show me where I said that I can type on "anything" faster than a BlackBerry.

Calm down. You and your "thankees" need to understand something: no one runs around hating on BlackBerry, and even if people are, neither RIM or the world at large needs a super hero defender. Now, unless you are going to Occupy the Haters, you may want to calm down and enjoy your device. RIM is going nowhere, and salespeople, BGR, Wall Street, paid Apple bloggers, Android lobbyists or, uh, masked "naysayers" are not going to change that.

coming from someone who has a crap berry , i find this quite funny
    Got 4... two active... it is funny.

Can we all unite and respect one anothers choice in smartphone? Why do we have to fight? Don't you guys see this is our biggest problem where we have to be the ones bigging up a damn phone manufacturer(s)!!! They're only phones. All phones have good and bad points but that doesn't require you bashing one another with your verbal chit chat just to make a point about a phone and its operating system/apps..

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thank you. A voice of reason.

I don't believe it. Since reading your post I've tried it out. My blackberry has kept up with me the whole time.
    To offset a difference in our type speeds I've just randomly hit keys. Blackberry right with me. I'm sending this gibberish to my daughter. My blackberry hasn't stumbled the 1st time.
    So to speed up I copied a whole txt and keep pasting and sending and sure thing the blackberry is way ahead of me. So I started switching and send txt and emails. Not the 1st bog down. Now if I have that much going on I'm hiring me assistant. Lol
    I use Swype. It is fairly fast.
    01-24-12 04:36 PM
    What exactly are you trying to say with this post? Your BB has kept up with your typing speed the whole time, without stumbling?

Tre said that for HIM, BB's weren't as good at messaging. And it seems you went and had a competition with yourself, trying to prove him wrong..
    Leave it alone... just leave it alone. You'll get tagged as one of the negative people.
    01-24-12 04:37 PM
    BB devices are not better at messaging than iPhone you can SMS and mms all day and those third party apps are available for iPhone as well. I don't know anyone with an email account that doesn't support ActiveSync and most iPhone users users know only use their MobileMe/iCloud email account - for everything.

That's exactly what my setup will be when I get m 4s next month. I already told all my friends. All m IM accounts and Google/Hotmail accounts are getting shut down or going into disuse. So no more WLM, Skype, whatever. iMessage, FaceTime, SMS/MMS. If you don't have them, then consider getting them.

A huge selling point for the iPhone is the camera. toO many other smartphones have terrible cameras that they really aren't up for consideration the bold 9900 is missing autofocus ffs.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    01-24-12 04:57 PM
    There is no way you can convince me that an iphone is better than a Blackberry, because of sales figures.

There's no way you're going to tell me an Android has apps that a Blackberry doesn't, and I'm going to accept that as true.
    Very well said through most of the post. But there are enough people in more specialized professions (medicine being one, photography another) who own iPhones and iPads that some of the very expensive and very niche apps are Apple only, not Android, not Blackberry. Or the Apple app has far more features. There are instances when the tail wags the dog and people are buying iPhones because they can't get those apps on a different platform. That's not going to change till those same developers start creating those same apps for Blackberry or create better Blackberry versions.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-24-12 04:58 PM
    Very well said through most of the post. But there are enough people in more specialized professions (medicine being one, photography another) who own iPhones and iPads that some of the very expensive and very niche apps are Apple only, not Android, not Blackberry. Or the Apple app has far more features. There are instances when the tail wags the dog and people are buying iPhones because they can't get those apps on a different platform. That's not going to change till those same developers start creating those same apps for Blackberry or create better Blackberry versions.
    That is exactly correct. I say we email bomb dev's to port those apps that users want, that are not available for BB. I'm not into apps, but I will support any BB user that wants an app ported to their device, that's made for android or iphone. It's not like it's hard for a dev to do, though. I think they leave BB users out because how many of us actually concern ourselves with the latest "it" app?

And, honestly Kraski, I understand your point about medical personnel and photogs needing apps...but for Kraski's sake (you're about as old as Christ ) these are PHONES. Phones, people. Next, someone will want a phone to use as shock paddles!! CLEAR!!! bzzzzzzz...Hahahahahaha
    01-24-12 05:35 PM
    I wouldn't say that my Bold 9900 is behind the times at all. i own two Macs, an Ipod and an Ipad. i have a good point of reference. My Bold does what I need to do better then any competing smartphone. Why would I sacrifice this functionality for a phone that is a jack of all trades and master of none? If I want to watch videos on a mobile device I will pick the largest screen possible. My Playbook or Ipad fit the bill nicely.
    In a pinch, my BB browser is on par with the competition. I had a Shazam dual with an Iphone the other night and my BB won hands down. There were a few very surprised onlookers.

I own the latest mac mini running lion and this gives me the same point of reference to make a comparison

I would never say my 9800 is behind the times. It is way too useful and the 9810 is even better

The playbook tablet and OS is in the same league as an Apple product
    01-24-12 05:44 PM

No he said he can message faster than the blackberry could keep up with. I didn't try to prove him wrong. I tryed to message faster than the blackberry could keep up with. Matter of fact if you reread my post I said I took out typing spped so that won't be a factor.
    I took this a step further. I got my wife, 4 nieces, 1 nephew, and 5 buddies involved. What I did was compose a txt and a email and sent it to these 12 people and had all twelve people keep fowarding back and I kept sending it back. The ol blackberry kept up. It did sound like a machine gun though from the ringer.
    Mind you this isn't commucating this is just moving data at the fastest point it could go. Things would slow down if you where to read the message and reply accordingly. Now does 1 device speed up your absorbtion of information and reply over another is beyond me. Let's face it a blackberry can transfer data between 6-14mbps. No human is going to keep up with that. Ever. Nor is he going to type faster than the keyboard can keep up.
    Now I'll go alone with with that maybe the keyboard or the shape of the device slows him down. Or something like tbat. But he's not faster than the device.
    01-24-12 05:50 PM
    BB devices are not better at messaging than iPhone you can SMS and mms all day and those third party apps are available for iPhone as well. I don't know anyone with an email account that doesn't support ActiveSync and most iPhone users users know only use their MobileMe/iCloud email account - for everything.

That's exactly what my setup will be when I get m 4s next month. I already told all my friends. All m IM accounts and Google/Hotmail accounts are getting shut down or going into disuse. So no more WLM, Skype, whatever. iMessage, FaceTime, SMS/MMS. If you don't have them, then consider getting them.

A huge selling point for the iPhone is the camera. toO many other smartphones have terrible cameras that they really aren't up for consideration the bold 9900 is missing autofocus ffs.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    The truth of the matter is iphones don't message better than the blackberry. Everybody says blackberry is behind but iphone and android is just now catching up. Over the past couple yrs apple has worked on their commucation skills and it shows. They done a great job of it. It doesn't topple blackberry in the least bit.
    When your just now getting to what the other guy is doing your not bettering him.
    01-24-12 06:03 PM
    No he said he can message faster than the blackberry could keep up with.
    LOL. No, I didn't.

A Blackberry device was the first device that freed me from a computer. I measure every device I own against them. In my current job, I need to post things on the fly to all our corporate web presences on the fly. I need to (occasionally, for short periods) provide wireless internet to facilitate the communication of others at meetings. I need to be able to send group texts via Google Voice.

I regularly do Google+ Huddles, and it is becoming my preferred form of messaging.

I also need to be able to manage two business domains and a website on the go. These are all forms of communication that I cannot do as efficiently on a BlackBerry. A BB could not keep up with the pace and seamlessness that I need to be productive.

Periodically, I have a form I need to get out immediately. I am able to link to a Dropbox file and email this link to hundreds in seconds. Communication.

Again... not a knock on the BBOS platform... in my current situation, BB is not a good fit for me. I don't speak for the world. I have no endearing love for Android; I'd do Meego if it worked better. I just can't work myself into all the angst some folks seem to with regards to platforms. The day RIM comes out with touchscreen with Swype-like functionality and a vibrant ecosystem, I'd consider it. Right now, BBOS7 devices cannot keep up with my messaging needs.
    01-24-12 06:07 PM
    The truth of the matter is iphones don't message better than the blackberry. Everybody says blackberry is behind but iphone and android is just now catching up. Over the past couple yrs apple has worked on their commucation skills and it shows. They done a great job of it. It doesn't topple blackberry in the least bit.
    When your just now getting to what the other guy is doing your not bettering him.
    All 100% correct, except that you're missing the all-important qualifier: for you.

There are quite a few things that I can do now that I can't do on a BB, but I willingly admit most people don't have the needs that I have.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 01-24-12 at 06:14 PM.
    01-24-12 06:11 PM
    That is exactly correct. I say we email bomb dev's to port those apps that users want, that are not available for BB. I'm not into apps, but I will support any BB user that wants an app ported to their device, that's made for android or iphone. It's not like it's hard for a dev to do, though. I think they leave BB users out because how many of us actually concern ourselves with the latest "it" app?
    Actually..before BB7 devices, I believe it was hardware restrictions that wouldn't allow many of the feature rich apps from other platforms to be ported over. Now, I think it more or less boils down to some companies just don't feel like building apps for Blackberry. Whether it's because of the fragmentation, dealing with Java-base (I'm not a dev, so am purely speculating) or other reasons, I can assure you, it's not because BB users aren't concerned with the "latest it app"..just look at the top downloaded apps on PlayBook..
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-24-12 06:12 PM
    Actually..before BB7 devices, I believe it was hardware restrictions that wouldn't allow many of the feature rich apps from other platforms to be ported over. Now, I think it more or less boils down to some companies just don't feel like building apps for Blackberry. Whether it's because of the fragmentation, dealing with Java-base (I'm not a dev, so am purely speculating) or other reasons, I can assure you, it's not because BB users aren't concerned with the "latest it app"..just look at the top downloaded apps on PlayBook..
    I agree with this. I hope to see more app development for my playbook and BB10 but even moreso I look forward to the future of HTML5.
    01-24-12 06:30 PM
    Its not just Blackberry. Pretty much anything that isnt Android or iOS is treated like garbage. The shock and dirty looks I got when I picked up my WP7 phone were priceless.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-24-12 06:30 PM
    Its not just Blackberry. Pretty much anything that isnt Android or iOS is treated like garbage. The shock and dirty looks I got when I picked up my WP7 phone were priceless.
    I really like WP7. Looks really, really good. I hope it gains more traction.
    Fenrir26 likes this.
    01-24-12 06:38 PM
    Always been a fan of the underdog, I am more of a head-banger than a hipster. WP7 is an excellent OS. Too bad people still stigmatize it with 6. If people gave it a chance I think they would be pleasantly surprised. I think a lot of it has to do with MS not educating retailers on the OS and another is fanboyisim. I have a little experience with iOS and although it is a good OS it just wasn't for me. Android? I think its a hot mess, hopefully ICS fixes some of that.

People should be able to choose what they want but some of the blatant bias and sometime hostility is kind of disgusting to me. When I was a sales person I did my research and helped my customers come to an informed decision and helped them pick the product that suited them best. Didn't matter what my favourite was.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-24-12 06:56 PM
    I like the new Windows OS and I really like Nokia hardware. I will definitely consider it when I decide to swap out my tablet/phone in a year or two. It used to just be a phone I would swap out but now I want a compatible tablet to accompany it. I've been duped.

I bought my 9900 the first day it was available on my carrier. I called to make sure the closest dealer had it and picked it up on my way into work. The sales guy didn't try to sway me and we mainly spent our time hammering out the details of the new plan and ******** about the timberwolves. Anyway, he didn't try to sway me but I didn't leave much room for it. He was a good guy.
    01-24-12 06:58 PM
    It gets the same cr@p treatment from the VZW sales reps as BlackBerry.
    01-24-12 06:59 PM
    LOL. No, I didn't.
    For the. messaging I need to do, BBs can't keep up. I type faster and communicate quicker on a non-BB device.
    Yea you did.
    No that's not "for me". Until 09 ios couldn't mms and a lot of different things that blackberrys could do. Android an ios had to log into a website to use documents etc etc. That's just how it is. My wife gets my email to here ip also. It always gets to me 1st. Sometimes just a few second bug always 1st.
    01-24-12 07:01 PM
    I think WP7 is a decent option. I have only played with one twice for limited time, but I was blown away each time. I thought it was a great device.

Can't wait to see some Nokias this year.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-24-12 07:53 PM
    I'm unclear as to how you can be unclear.
    You're unclear because you didn't understand my post. You can read it again, if you so choose. But, I don't think a re-read will add any clarity.
    01-24-12 08:48 PM
    You're unclear because you didn't understand my post. You can read it again, if you so choose. But, I don't think a re-read will add any clarity.
    LOL.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-24-12 08:52 PM
    No I understood you just fine. That's my way of saying you make no sense.
    01-24-12 08:57 PM
    No I understood you just fine. That's my way of saying you make no sense.
    I don't make sense. Yet you say you understood me?

There's no point in circling the airport on this one. Everyone is entitled to agree or disagree.

Live Long and Prosper.
    01-24-12 09:35 PM
242 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD