LOL, now we know why networks jam in natural disasters time, people watch live tv, just imagine if everybody on your cell tower would do the same.
    Actually in my case last April it was because a tornado took out 4 in my immediate vicinity, not because a few people watch TV. Most of my friends and family members know what I can do with my iPhone as far as stream live news and they text for updates during tornadoes. I was texting my sister, the ex, my step mother, two friends and my neighbor last night when our power went out and/or our satellite dishes went out with updates as fast as I could get them.
    01-23-12 10:39 AM
    Actually in my case last April it was because a tornado took out 4 in my immediate vicinity, not because a few people watch TV. Most of my friends and family members know what I can do with my iPhone as far as stream live news and they text for updates during tornadoes. I was texting my sister, the ex, my step mother, two friends and my neighbor last night when our power went out and/or our satellite dishes went out with updates as fast as I could get them.
    You're wasting your time friend. They're right and you're wrong.

Some folks will spit in the wind and swear it's raining. Lol!

Let it go Brother.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-23-12 10:46 AM

Let it go Brother.
    I'm a sister actually but you're right.
    01-23-12 10:48 AM
    There is no right or wrong here. You do what works for you and allow others to do the same.
    01-23-12 10:50 AM
    There is no right or wrong here. You do what works for you and allow others to do the same.
    Which was my point all along. I also believe that any salesperson whether it be at an AT&T store or a car lot should listen to what a customer wants and not try to persuade them into buying something else because they are biased towards one brand or another.
    01-23-12 10:55 AM

Let it go Brother.
    I fail to see what's wrong about what she's saying. She's telling her account of why her device benefits her far greater in a serious situation than a bb could.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ynomrah; 01-23-12 at 11:15 AM.
    01-23-12 11:11 AM
    Which was my point all along. I also believe that any salesperson whether it be at an AT&T store or a car lot should listen to what a customer wants and not try to persuade them into buying something else because they are biased towards one brand or another.
    I don't agree with the severe weather war that just erupted as I think all platforms handle that quite well but this point I definitely agree with. If I want a product and a salesperson tells me that I don't want that then we have a problem. If the manager cannot fix this problem then I will take my business to another vendor.
    01-23-12 11:11 AM
    I fail to see what's wrong about what she's saying. She's telling her account of why her device benefits her far greater in a serious situation than a bb could. Problem?

ADE was defending me. Other posters were telling me I shouldn't be using my iPhone to stream weather coverage if the power goes out.
    01-23-12 11:13 AM
    I'm a sister actually but you're right.
    My bad pretty lady! Lol... Won't happen again...
    01-23-12 11:15 AM
    We've skipped one huge reason why carrier store people down BBs. And it's not profit margins as much as support time. The salesperson is the most likely to be first to see which phones will add support time or need replacement, instead of leaving them free to sell phones and contracts.

My first BB was a 9800. Before I upgraded, I went through several duds. And I wasn't alone on that. When I upgraded to a 9810 to, hopefully, end that cycle, the first one had the well known random reboot syndrome. The second one has been going strong for almost five months. But there are still people in the forums getting phones with the same issue. And look at all the 99xx issues reported here.

At least part of it comes down to RIM needing to step up quality control efforts. Sales people don't want customers thinking they don't know anything and don't care. That leads to time spent on support instead of sales efforts, customers wondering if they can talk to a different sales person and get better info, or customers deciding to switch carriers for better treatment. A salesperson shouldn't mind if there's a little support needed because the customer is still learning his device -- there could be an accessory sale coming out of that. But every time a phone gets replaced because it's bad, the salesperson looks bad, the carrier looks bad for carrying it, accessory sales are lost, and the replacement is one less phone that can be sold.
    Mecca EL and vrs626 like this.
    01-23-12 11:17 AM
    ADE was defending me. Other posters were telling me I shouldn't be using my iPhone to stream weather coverage if the power goes out.
    Oh :3

01-23-12 11:18 AM
    We've skipped one huge reason why carrier store people down BBs. And it's not profit margins as much as support time. The salesperson is the most likely to be first to see which phones will add support time or need replacement, instead of leaving them free to sell phones and contracts.

My first BB was a 9800. Before I upgraded, I went through several duds. And I wasn't alone on that. When I upgraded to a 9810 to, hopefully, end that cycle, the first one had the well known random reboot syndrome. The second one has been going strong for almost five months. But there are still people in the forums getting phones with the same issue. And look at all the 99xx issues reported here.

At least part of it comes down to RIM needing to step up quality control efforts. Sales people don't want customers thinking they don't know anything and don't care. That leads to time spent on support instead of sales efforts, customers wondering if they can talk to a different sales person and get better info, or customers deciding to switch carriers for better treatment. A salesperson shouldn't mind if there's a little support needed because the customer is still learning his device -- there could be an accessory sale coming out of that. But every time a phone gets replaced because it's bad, the salesperson looks bad, the carrier looks bad for carrying it, accessory sales are lost, and the replacement is one less phone that can be sold.
    New CEO is very familiar with that. It was his fault. Should be a big help.
    vrs626 likes this.
    01-23-12 11:22 AM
    I am so glad that there are people that are left in the world actually do their own research for products that they buy. I have had similar issues with "sales" (term used loosely) people.

I was watching Southland on my DVR last night (wow what an episode) and saw a Verizon & BB Bold commercial. My wife said, Wait that is a touch screen with a keyboard. Cool that might be my next phone. She did know that is what I have.
    01-23-12 11:23 AM
    I am so glad that there are people that are left in the world actually do their own research for products that they buy. I have had similar issues with "sales" (term used loosely) people.

I was watching Southland on my DVR last night (wow what an episode) and saw a Verizon & BB Bold commercial. My wife said, Wait that is a touch screen with a keyboard. Cool that might be my next phone. She did know that is what I have.
    LOL!

This is so true. During the Blackberry Bold ads on the Rockin New Years Eve special, there were so many tweets about how "Blackberry's have touchscreens NOW?" or "Blackberry still makes phones?"

C'mon RIM, the Bold came out in August and its getting some ads in Jan 2012???

I really feel that if they would have pushed these ads in AUGUST, more people would have known about it and bought it.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-23-12 11:30 AM
    I also find out funny that some folks seem to think that people leaving stores with iPhones and Android devices were helplessly swayed to them by salespeople.

If you think salespeople are a reason for RIM'S troubles, I have info that the moon landing was faked to sell you.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    vrs626 likes this.
    01-23-12 11:30 AM
    I also find out funny that some folks seem to think that people leaving stores with iPhones and Android devices were helplessly swayed to them by salespeople.

If you think salespeople are a reason for RIM'S troubles, I have info that the moon landing was faked to sell you.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    i agree with you, but I feel that salespeople should be more open-minded and actually HELPful.

There are so many people (especially older or less tech-savvy) who buy more phone than they need.

Some folks really want a phone that's easy to type on and text/tweet/make calls on all day or whatever, But they sometimes dont know these phones exist.

With RIM's lack of advertising, some of those folks think that they can only go iPhone or Android.
    01-23-12 11:35 AM

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Maybe you think its funny, but I was told by a Verizon salesperson that they were going
    to stop selling Blackberrys. NOT FUNNY to me. Sorry.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    01-23-12 11:36 AM
    This. A couple months ago I was considering switching to Sprint. I went to a Sprint store to check out their lineup of phones. A salesguy approached me and I told him what I was doing there. He asked me what phone I was currently using, and I pulled out my Amaze (one of the best Android devices on T-Mo). He then showed me the top Android phones on Sprint, and all he could really say about them was that they're great for playing music and using gps. WTF??? I then turned my phone on and showed him my home screens packed with functional icons and widgets. He was speechless. If he was that clueless about Android phones, I shudder to think what would've happened if I had asked him about the Bold and Torch. I bet you anything he would've only said something about email.
    01-23-12 11:39 AM
    Its actualy very easy to brainwash people and of course to be brain washed! its much more difficult to make up your own mind!
    01-23-12 11:40 AM

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    And I'll throw in e-mail addresses to each and every North American member of the Illuminati. I heard they use the iPhone as well. Those blue-eyed, devil worshipers even got to Jay Z...!

B@stards!

Sorry, I need to take my meds...
    01-23-12 11:41 AM
    i agree with you, but I feel that salespeople should be more open-minded and actually HELPful.

There are so many people (especially older or less tech-savvy) who buy more phone than they need.

Some folks really want a phone that's easy to type on and text/tweet/make calls on all day or whatever, But they sometimes dont know these phones exist.

With RIM's lack of advertising, some of those folks think that they can only go iPhone or Android.
    Fair point.

I do believe that most people do make purchasing decisions before they get to the store.

I also believe that salespeople are customers first. Yeah, spiffs may play a role, but salespeople are not the cause of the public perception of BBs. All things being equal, people sell stuff they like with more passion.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-23-12 11:46 AM

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    I think the point was if the people tasked with selling your product refuse to do so then you might have a problem.
    01-23-12 11:50 AM
    Maybe you think its funny, but I was told by a Verizon salesperson that they were going
    to stop selling Blackberrys. NOT FUNNY to me. Sorry.
    I was told Android devices were going to be "stopped" because of patent issues by a Tmo rep.

People just don't go into stores uninformed any more. Family and friends play a bigger role, IMHO.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-23-12 11:50 AM

So these older less tech savvy people are Tweeting?

Why is it so difficult to blame everyone else that happened to he BB brand other than R.I.M?

It's a trickle down phenomena. If the reps in the stores are not pitching BB products, there's a reason for that for sure.

I just highly doubt that it's an elaborate conspiracy hatched by the American-Devil-Capitalist-Society-bent-on-World-mobile-phone-domination-and-eliminating-North-American-competitors.

Whew! I don't know about the rest of you, but all of a sudden I'm thirsty!
    vrs626 likes this.
    01-23-12 11:53 AM
    Its actualy very easy to brainwash people and of course to be brain washed! its much more difficult to make up your own mind!
    Outside of 50s B movie sci-fi specials, I have never seen the term "brainwash" used so much as on CB. Some of y'all truly feel sorry for the rest of the poor souls who use other platforms.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-23-12 12:01 PM
242 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD