02-22-13 01:13 PM
    Its at "select locations", 2 to be exact, because they're having a grand opening special. If you haven't grabbed one yet, this weekend is a good opportunity to pick one up
    02-22-13 01:53 PM
    Three year contracts are just crazy.
    02-22-13 01:58 PM
    I guess Roger is cheaper which they offer 100 dollars credit when you sign up 3 year contract with flextab

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 02:45 PM
    I've never understood the issue that some people have with 2 and 3 year contracts. How many actually change carriers? I've been with AT&T for 8 yrs now and before that with Nextel for 10 yrs and before that I was with Bell-south which became AT&T. I was only at Nextel because my jobs during that period provided Nextel with Direct Connect.
    02-22-13 03:37 PM
    I've never understood the issue that some people have with 2 and 3 year contracts. How many actually change carriers? I've been with AT&T for 8 yrs now and before that with Nextel for 10 yrs and before that I was with Bell-south which became AT&T. I was only at Nextel because my jobs during that period provided Nextel with Direct Connect.
    I think it's psychological.
    02-22-13 03:43 PM
    They are but in the past you could upgrade your phone after two years, with discount, and sign another three year contract. I was able to do that with my last two phones, not sure if the carriers are still doing it.
    02-22-13 03:44 PM
    I'm English - we have a total GSM network - I change network at least one a year depending on deals - here, you are generally a sucker if you simply keep signing contracts.
    02-22-13 04:06 PM
    I'm English - we have a total GSM network - I change network at least one a year depending on deals - here, you are generally a sucker if you simply keep signing contracts.
    Here, three year contracts are the norm. You would be seen as nuts if you change your carrier every year.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-22-13 04:11 PM
    Does this indicate the phones are becoming easier to come by? Usually folks don't compete on price until they have to. I am not implying anything by this btw and think if they are more readily available it's a good thing not a bad thing. Anyone who wants one should have access to it.
    02-22-13 07:04 PM
    I'd be pleased to see similar deals in the U.S. in March. I'm really looking forward to discontinuing my Samsung Galaxy Vibrant
    02-22-13 07:12 PM
    Does this indicate the phones are becoming easier to come by? Usually folks don't compete on price until they have to. I am not implying anything by this btw and think if they are more readily available it's a good thing not a bad thing. Anyone who wants one should have access to it.
    As stated above, this is available at 2 BestBuy locations only and it's because they are having a grand opening special.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:26 PM
    Yeah - but we're stuck with them for now. The CRTC is looking at getting rid of them, but for now the carriers have them.
    02-22-13 07:33 PM
    $99 Is actually an honor. It means it is a popular item and will bring people in. Running as a lost leader.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:57 PM
    $99 Is actually an honor. It means it is a popular item and will bring people in. Running as a lost leader.

Posted via CB10
    It also doesn't mean it's selling bad. I was shopping for cell phones from Black Friday last year until X-mas...and almost every few days the prices of the phones changed. For example the Samsung Galaxy Note II was $199 on a three year contract, then a few days later I saw it for $150, then a few days later for $99, then back up to 199, then I saw it again for $0.00 on a three year contract. Carrier deals and incentives change on almost a daily basis if you rotate around to the different stores. Weekly for sure.
    02-22-13 09:09 PM
    I just hope these two BB outlets have enough stocks of Z10s to satisfy the current demand this weekend. I can imagine those ppl who had made the effort and the drive to these 2 outlets to save $50 will be bitchin here if the Z10s are not there.
    02-22-13 09:30 PM
    Yep. I see many items that are hot sellers and running out of stock go on sale.

To me this is not a good sign.

Tim
    02-22-13 09:37 PM
    I guess Roger is cheaper which they offer 100 dollars credit when you sign up 3 year contract with flextab
    Sadly, only $50 -- Samsung has the GSIII at $49 all weekend long, and Z10 is normally $149.99

I change every year or two - depending on who has better deals. Over the past maybe 5 years, there has been very little customer retentions within Canadian carriers. The past 6 months I've noticed that's starting to change. More are willing to fight for your current business rather than new customers.
    02-23-13 05:06 AM
    Oh ya, Well Telus has moved their price UP from $139.00 to $149.00 and they still list a 2 to 3 week wait before they will ship. Something tells me BB is moving a lot of these phones in Canada.
    02-23-13 07:39 AM
    Sadly, only $50 -- Samsung has the GSIII at $49 all weekend long, and Z10 is normally $149.99
    Actually, the Samsung GSIII is $0 all weekend long.
    02-23-13 08:32 AM
    Oh ya, Well Telus has moved their price UP from $139.00 to $149.00 and they still list a 2 to 3 week wait before they will ship. Something tells me BB is moving a lot of these phones in Canada.
    True, Telus "corporate" store put me on a waiting list. Surely being a corporate owned store, they would have tonnes of stock? Its been 3 weeks now. You would think a big company like Telus could get a huge shipment of these phones in. Still waiting......

Also, I've tried no less than 6 serious attempts to buy a Z10 from kijiji and they get sold within minutes.

There is no way in **** this phone is not selling well.
    02-23-13 11:17 AM
    No. I got mine for 99 on release.

Many stores are offering a $50 credit to ANY phone right now, on Feb 5th bell dropped the price $10 to match rogers, making it 149, but if you pre ordered you got 50 off... $99 on release. Telus also did the same.

I think they wanted to lower the initial price to make sure ppl buy phones on contract, then the steal your soul through monthly billing and early cancellation.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:29 PM