Is it safe? If I do a security wipe, is there any way that the buyer could recover my information with any type of program? Or does security wipe just about take car of it?

I do know that after security wipe, the "my phone number" with you number stays, anyone know if there is any way to get rid of that? Its a CDMA verizon phone.

thanks
    John
    02-18-11 06:52 PM
    You can clear the phone number on a Verizon device, by pressing the green PHONE button, typing ##000000 and pressing the PHONE button again. Then you can enter a dummy number in the "Mobile Directory Number" field.

Otherwise, doing a security wipe will wipe the rest of the data from the device.
    02-18-11 07:03 PM
    Make sure to remove your data card too, if you have one.
    02-18-11 08:02 PM
    Make sure to remove your data card too, if you have one.
    So you think the security wipe is completely safe and makes it so data is unrecoverable no matter what program you have?
    02-18-11 08:12 PM
    in addition to what everyone has already mentioned, just make sure you De-register the device from Verizon and remove the memory card.
    Now Go and sell it
    02-18-11 08:16 PM
    What kind of data are your trying to protect? If its just address book and messages then I think that a security wipe will be aight. I wouldn't trust a security wipe for security sensitive data. We know a wipe won't remove IT policies. I've researchered the method that Rim uses to wipe the devices and haven't found anything. If you have sensitive data I would use bbsak to wipe it then reinstall the os. I keep an eye out for tools to read BB memory and haven't found any yet. Not saying that rims os or memory hasn't been exploited. I'm saying the exploits isn't out on the street like android and apple. Motorola and nokia has more holes than a fishnet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 08:22 PM
    So you think the security wipe is completely safe and makes it so data is unrecoverable no matter what program you have?
    Yes, I think so
    02-18-11 08:24 PM
    Yes, a security wipe will completely remove everything.
    02-18-11 08:47 PM
    Yes, a security wipe will completely remove everything.
    How? By deletion(removing of pointers) a shredding algorithm(laying down multiple layers of 1s,0s, or Es? If the security wipe removes everything why is IT policies not removed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD