How safe is it to post PINs? What can someone do w/ your PIN other than send you PIN spam?
    08-02-08 02:13 PM
    Perfectly safe. No one can really do anything with your PIN
    except message (or attempt to message) you. You will
    have the option to accept or decline the request.
    No one can spam your PIN.
    And if you wind up with a contact you don't
    want, simply delete them
    08-02-08 02:15 PM
    Well that's not entirely accurate. They CAN spam you via messages > compose pin. They can send a message without you having the ability to block it. (You can block all PINs not in your address book via the firewall).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 02:21 PM
    Basically all someone can do is send you an unsolicited message, request, etc. I choose not to post my PIN, as I am choosy about who I have on my BBM list. This is totally up to you as to whether or not you want to share your information.
    08-02-08 02:24 PM
    I had a Sprint BB Tech on the Sprint forum look up my plan information and then post to the thread what plan I am on without my permission. Needless to say I wasn't too happy about that. Thinking about removing my PIN from my profile.
    08-02-08 03:04 PM
    I have meet some great people on CrackBerry and haven't had any problems yet, but obciously different people will have different comfort levels.

08-02-08 04:44 PM
    i've heard that anyone that knows your PIN and email address can take your email via a corporate BES? any truth to that or no?
    08-02-08 05:38 PM
    Ummmm. No.

08-02-08 05:40 PM
    I have my pin in my info and have never had any probs with people bothering me.

08-02-08 05:47 PM
    Originally Posted by MayhemRenee
    For all those that talk/text with a truckers mouth!!!

I would not post your PIN. You never know when you might get someone with a truckers mouth.
    08-02-08 05:55 PM
    No one ever bothers me, if they do, just delete them, lol. I think its a setting you can change on your BB to stop people from attempting to add you on BB Messenger... I think I saw something like that.
    08-02-08 06:17 PM
    Originally Posted by MayhemRenee
    For all those that talk/text with a truckers mouth!!!

I would not post your PIN. You never know when you might get someone with a truckers mouth.
    hey quit picking on @$#&^% truckers, we are not all bad, and some of us even have an education and a great vocabulary.
    08-02-08 07:27 PM
    I got rid of BB Messenger; most people I know don't have BBs, so I didn't need it. And people on this forum who want, need, and desire me can PM me.

08-02-08 08:14 PM
    ive never had a bad experience with sharing my pin
    actually i deleted bbm at first since i didnt have any friends who had bb's. as i started using cb i wanted to talk to some of the nice folks here so i used the dm to re-add bbm.
    youre fine to share it and whenever you want you can take it down
    08-02-08 10:16 PM
    I use BB messenger all the time and ive had no problems at all or spam messages.
    08-02-08 10:20 PM
    i had a few pin messages that said "help" or "hello"
    but nothing that bothered me, if im busy i just dont respond
    08-02-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD