noooooooo dont do that to your bb!
    04-20-10 08:57 PM
    I would not take it in, maybe cover it up outside and pull the head phone wires under or through the door then just close on the wires wont hurt them
    04-21-10 05:00 AM
    At the gym I go to the sauna in the womens locker room is a dry sauna and I take my bb in there all the time. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and use the sauna after every workout. Never had a problem with my bb. Now if it was a steam room that would be a different story.
    04-21-10 11:28 AM
    At the gym I go to the sauna in the womens locker room is a dry sauna and I take my bb in there all the time. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and use the sauna after every workout. Never had a problem with my bb. Now if it was a steam room that would be a different story.
    Uh, what gym is that Jennell?

Pics or it didnt happen! LOL
    04-21-10 11:39 AM
    Outside of the hypersenitive moisture strips how bad is humitity really? I do not know the answer but I mean really would being poolside really do damage? If so rim needs to protect it better this is a sauna not steamroom right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The problem is not humidity, but condensation. If your phone is warm enough to be above "dew point" there's no problem, but a cool phone into a warm moist environment is asking for trouble. Most electronic devices are at risk unless they are specially prepared and protected. If you wear glasses and get misting as you enter that's a really strong warning.
    04-21-10 11:50 AM
    There is always the option of finding a company that can put a conformal coating on the circuit board, then water will never affect the phone again.
    04-21-10 01:05 PM
    Uh, what gym is that Jennell?

Pics or it didnt happen! LOL
    Haha. Don't you wish!
    04-21-10 01:06 PM
    Thank the lord that the sauna in my gym is co-ed
    04-21-10 01:26 PM
    The problem is not humidity, but condensation. If your phone is warm enough to be above "dew point" there's no problem, but a cool phone into a warm moist environment is asking for trouble. Most electronic devices are at risk unless they are specially prepared and protected. If you wear glasses and get misting as you enter that's a really strong warning.
    This. I can't believe it took 2 pages for someone to make this point, even after other sauna users have posted. The whole "dry sauna" argument doesn't matter. If you don't wear glasses & can't picture what's being said, think about when you take a can of soda out of the refridgerator. The can gets wet with condensation. Do you want that happening to the innards of your BB?

That being said, I think it's a "do so at your own risk" thing. I used to take my old Sidekick in the sauna all the time & the stickers never turned red. I see people bring countless devices into the sauna - mostly blackberries, ipods, & iphones. I see the same girl in the sauna w/ her BB Storm nearly every time I go to the gym. I highly doubt she goes out & buys a new Storm each time she uses the sauna, so the condensation must not affect her BB much. So again, it really is up to the user.

Do I do it now? Nope. Maybe I'm just more paranoid now than when I had my Sidekick, but now I'd rather leave my BB in my locker for the 10-15 minutes I'm in the sauna.
    04-21-10 01:30 PM
    There is always the option of finding a company that can put a conformal coating on the circuit board, then water will never affect the phone again.
    Yeah, except for the keyboard contacts, the trackball/trackpad contacts, the area between the screen cover and the screen, the USB/charging port, the camera contacts, the memory card, the speaker hole, the side buttons, the headset jack, the.....

Well, the list. Goes on and on.

04-21-10 01:33 PM
    This. I can't believe it took 2 pages for someone to make this point, even after other sauna users have posted. The whole "dry sauna" argument doesn't matter. If you don't wear glasses & can't picture what's being said, think about when you take a can of soda out of the refridgerator. The can gets wet with condensation. Do you want that happening to the innards of your BB?

That being said, I think it's a "do so at your own risk" thing. I used to take my old Sidekick in the sauna all the time & the stickers never turned red. I see people bring countless devices into the sauna - mostly blackberries, ipods, & iphones. I see the same girl in the sauna w/ her BB Storm nearly every time I go to the gym. I highly doubt she goes out & buys a new Storm each time she uses the sauna, so the condensation must not affect her BB much. So again, it really is up to the user.

Do I do it now? Nope. Maybe I'm just more paranoid now than when I had my Sidekick, but now I'd rather leave my BB in my locker for the 10-15 minutes I'm in the sauna.

I am one that has posted about a dry sauna and take my bb in there with me. I also wear glasses so I can picture it just fine. And the dry sauna I use doesn't do that to my glasses. The locker room on the other had does since it has a hot tub in the middle of it. So for me the sauna is a way safer place for my bb than the locker room.
    04-21-10 01:41 PM
    I am one that has posted about a dry sauna and take my bb in there with me. I also wear glasses so I can picture it just fine. And the dry sauna I use doesn't do that to my glasses. The locker room on the other had does since it has a hot tub in the middle of it. So for me the sauna is a way safer place for my bb than the locker room.
    That must be some locker room!!

Seriously though, the sauna I use is a dry sauna, and we have a steam room as well. But, condensation ALWAYS forms on my glasses in the sauna! I never go in the steam room because it always smells like feet.
    04-21-10 02:16 PM
    key word being dry... i would NOT take my phone into a 'wet' sauna (one where you can throw water on the rocks for some steam)... if anything, a wet sauna or steam room could trigger the moisture sensors in the phone (iphone has 2 of these - and they are thoroughly checked when you bring a defective iphone to an apple store for diagnosis)...
    04-21-10 02:30 PM
    If a wet sauna is the one with the rocks and can have water be poured, then
    that's the one I go in all the time. It gets up to 160 degrees in there and my
    phones and iPod have done just fine.
    04-21-10 03:11 PM
    Perhaps you could use the glasses thing as an indicator of how much moisture forms in the sauna you go to, since people are apparently experiencing different things in dry saunas. If moisture forms on your glasses, then you prolly shouldn't take your bb in. If no moisture forms, then take your bb in @ your own risk.
    04-22-10 09:33 AM
    Yeah, except for the keyboard contacts, the trackball/trackpad contacts, the area between the screen cover and the screen, the USB/charging port, the camera contacts, the memory card, the speaker hole, the side buttons, the headset jack, the.....

Well, the list. Goes on and on.

There are no contacts in the trackball itself, it uses Hall effect sensors.

The only things that could be harmed a little by moisture are the keyboard contacts and maybe the trackball/pad button. But on the flip side, those are also the easiest to fix.

But most other contacts, especially speaker, memory card, etc. are in no danger even if you soak them in water.
    04-22-10 10:22 AM
    Perhaps you could use the glasses thing as an indicator of how much moisture forms in the sauna you go to, since people are apparently experiencing different things in dry saunas. If moisture forms on your glasses, then you prolly shouldn't take your bb in. If no moisture forms, then take your bb in @ your own risk.
    As soon as I walk in there I can see the moisture on my screen. Once i wipe it off with my towel the moisture doesn't form anymore.

Last night got super hot in there because we put put a balled up paper towel over the sensor which makes it about 20 degrees hotter. I went in there three times last night and spent a total of exactly 15 minutes in there.
    04-22-10 10:48 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD