use compressed air in a can to clean BB's?
    10-25-10 12:16 AM
    As long as you don't hold it too close or blow in the speaker cavity on the back, I don't see how it could hurt. Ive heard of people ruining their speaker by blowing in the cavity.

Personally, I prefer just to wipe my phone with a microfiber cloth.
    10-25-10 12:22 AM
    use compressed air in a can to clean BB's?
    just use as directed.. and you'll be ok.
    10-25-10 12:28 AM
    Yeah I use compressed air to clean my BB all the time, but just don't hold the can so close and you'll be fine.
    10-25-10 12:44 AM
    Be careful not to tilt the can either. That can cause damage to electronics since when you tip the can, some liquid propellant can get out and that is really cold and can cause condensation to form where you've just made what you're spraying really cold...
    10-25-10 01:45 AM
    Be careful not to tilt the can either. That can cause damage to electronics since when you tip the can, some liquid propellant can get out and that is really cold and can cause condensation to form where you've just made what you're spraying really cold...
    Agreed 110%, some/most of the Compressed Air cans are CO2 powered. Which CO2 absorbs heat.... and you can freeze electronics with it..... i wouldn't hold the can upside down or side to side... up right only!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 09:28 AM
    Agreed 110%, some/most of the Compressed Air cans are CO2 powered. Which CO2 absorbs heat.... and you can freeze electronics with it..... i wouldn't hold the can upside down or side to side... up right only!!!!!

Carbon Dioxide (CO2) does not have a liquid state, it sublimes directly from a solid (Dry Ice) to a gas, making it useless as a propellant.

Dust-Off is a brand of dust cleaner (refrigerant-based propellant cleaner, which is not compressed air and incorrectly called "canned air") containing difluoroethane; ...
    Propane and Butane are common propellant gasses that exist in both liquid and gas state, depending on the pressure. When any gas expands, there is an accompany temperature drop. That is the principal behind refrigeration.
    10-25-10 11:01 AM
    I don't belive CO2 has a liquid state. It sublimes directly from a solid (Dry Ice) to a gas, making it useless as a propellant.

It's not really a "liquid state" per say but if you turn a Compressed Air can upside and spray it, it will will give people frost bite... it gets bitter COLD QUICK

General Health Care: Can dust remover the compressed air give you frost bite?
    Is it true that compressed air can give you frostbite when sprayed on skin? - Yahoo! Answers
    Gas duster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If you can get frost bite from it i would hate to see what it would do to a processor board.

!!! EDIT !!!

and IIRC CO2 When compressed does have a Liquid State.. I know my old school CO2 Paintball Tanks do get to about 700PSI and i cannot use them on my newer guys due to no liquids getting into the Air Valves.
    Last edited by mjneid; 10-25-10 at 12:41 PM.
    10-25-10 11:09 AM
    FWIW, the compressed air cans (normally not flammable) will burn when you invert the can. The one I tried had a neat purple-orange looking flame, so the one I had must have had a hydrocarbon based propellant.
    10-25-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD