Well due to some recent family "troubles" I have been removed from my parents plan and can no longer use my torch because I can't afford it and there is no way to use a bb on a pre paid plan so I have to sell it order a new sim and start using my god forsaken palm pre again. Thanks to all of you guys for your never ending support

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 08:18 PM
    Why do you need a new SIM?
    03-26-11 08:23 PM
    When I called atnt they told me I couldn't keep using this sim card since it was linked to an account I told them I had been removed and they told me the only thing to do was order a new sim. No big deal it cost me .89 cents on ebay

03-26-11 08:25 PM
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm on a similar boat as you: I had to cancel my family plan that I had stupidly put under my name with T-Mobile and shared with my ex bf when we broke up, and the outrageous early cancelation fee plus the unpaid bill was just too much money. I couldn't afford to pay it all off at once. My credit rating took a beating, so just be positive that you at least won't have to deal with a $500 mobile bill like I do.

I'm currently without a provider at the moment and just use my 9700 for Wi-Fi purposes.

But even before all that happened, the nearly $30 you have to pay for a Blackberry plan always bothered me... that's why my ex ditched his old Bold 9000, hopped onboard the Android train, and paid a lot less that I did when he just linked Google Voice to his account...
    03-26-11 08:29 PM
    Well I feel a little bit better knowing I don't have a 500 dollar bill somewhere. But 75 a month for unlimited text calls and 200mb data isn't to bad for me

03-26-11 08:50 PM
    You can't just do what I did to get my first BB? Pre-paid. Virgin Mobiles Curve? They have plans as little as 35 dollars a month for unlimited text and data.

03-26-11 09:42 PM
    When I called atnt they told me I couldn't keep using this sim card since it was linked to an account I told them I had been removed and they told me the only thing to do was order a new sim. No big deal it cost me .89 cents on ebay

Just go to the att store and they will give you a simcard. So now what's the problem with keeping the torch? Will att not open you an account? If you take another att/cingular phone up there and get a sim card and put it on a prepaid plan it'll work (should) in that torch. I just sold a guy at work my 8520 and he was on a prepaid with att. He had to go to att and get a new sim cause the prepaid sims won't work in the the other phones for some reason. He uses the 8520 on a prepaid plan. I don't see what the problem with the torch would be.

03-26-11 10:19 PM
    I assumed it was a BIS issue and I'm not 18 so I can't legally enter a contract with atnt

03-26-11 10:47 PM
    I assumed it was a BIS issue and I'm not 18 so I can't legally enter a contract with atnt

What's the bis issue? That's cool about not able to get contract. But att will give you a free sim for prepaid to a device you already have. It won't hurt to put the sim in the torch to see if it works. I know it works in the 8520.

03-26-11 10:55 PM
    Come to Sprint and one doesn't need worry about a BIS add-on.

03-26-11 10:56 PM

How does that work and how does that solve his problem?

03-26-11 11:11 PM
    Well when I originally got my torch I had some problems with getting the internet service and atnt told me I had to have a certain plan with them to use a bb through their service

03-26-11 11:43 PM

How is this possible? Sprint requires a data plan on smartphones just like everyother major carrier and even on pre-paid(depending on carrier).
    03-27-11 12:37 AM
    How about saying sorry to your parents lol

03-27-11 03:24 AM
    Well when I originally got my torch I had some problems with getting the internet service and atnt told me I had to have a certain plan with them to use a bb through their service

The torch works on sprint? You had a problem getting internet service with att? That's bs. Now true enough you get the blackberry data pkg. Its no big deal and doesn't cost any more. The iphone has the iphone data pkg. Might actually be called the apple data plan. Been so long since I looked at the bill. So your saying he can take his torch to sprint get on the internet and it won't go thru the bis server? Interresting.

03-27-11 04:16 AM
    Sorry to hear that, kinda....

I mean after all it is just a phone. Could be a lot worse and you are still going back to a Smartphone no?

People need to a reality check sometimes. Sorry to be an old *****, but when you grow up and see your surroundings, then I feel obliged.

03-27-11 06:48 AM
    Well due to some recent family "troubles" I have been removed from my parents plan and can no longer use my torch because I can't afford it and there is no way to use a bb on a pre paid plan so I have to sell it order a new sim and start using my god forsaken palm pre again. Thanks to all of you guys for your never ending support

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish they would make the plans more affordable by combining text messaging with data, but of course they wouldn't make as much money, but they might get more customers.
    03-27-11 01:31 PM
    Get Virgin Mobile. I think it's $25 bucks unlimited web, sms, and 300 minutes, plus it supports a Blackberry on their site.
    03-28-11 01:48 AM
    I think Virgin Mobile would be the best option. If the coverage is good it might be the best bet - wonder if you could port the number?
    03-28-11 02:17 AM
    +1 BoldtotheMax

Saddest day of your life, really? You lost a cell phone, not a parent, brother, sister, wife, husband or child. Dang, grow up, apologize to the folks, do a few more chores and you may get a cell plan back. Did they take the car too? Haha

Your life will be amazing if this is the saddest day ever. I know when mine was!

03-28-11 09:10 PM
    +1 BoldtotheMax

Saddest day of your life, really? You lost a cell phone, not a parent, brother, sister, wife, husband or child. Dang, grow up, apologize to the folks, do a few more chores and you may get a cell plan back. Did they take the car too? Haha

Your life will be amazing if this is the saddest day ever. I know when mine was!

I was being a bit dramatic. Obviously this isn't the saddest day of my life I am just upset thay I finally got away from my pre and got the torch and just like that its pulled out of my hands. To go along with loosing a phone I lost a job car and a place to live I still have my berry but its crippled. The only thing I have to my name is a duffle bag full of clothes and my torch that will be going to wireless trendz here soon

03-28-11 11:06 PM
    I'm sorry you have had all of that dumped on you, unlike some others in here while there are always 2 sides to a story, I also have had to deal with issues with parents (mental illness is awesome) so I also know that parents are not always right or reasonable.

I hope everything works out.

At least the Pre isn't a bad phone - I really liked mine.

I'm in my 30's now - but I will tell some of the others in this thread that the teens aren't always in the wrong. You don't know the situation or the household.

Thought you could use a grown up NOT jumping to the conclusion that you are a lazy, good for nothing teen who obviously deserves this situation.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-28-11 at 11:17 PM.
    03-28-11 11:11 PM
    +1 BoldtotheMax

EDITED BECAUSE You know what, its not worth it. Some people just had better upbringing than others and think everyone lived that way.
    03-28-11 11:20 PM
    Wait, so you lost a car, a place to live and no job and you are on an online forum about the saddest day of your life is due to losing Torch?

Come on bro.

If all that really did happen, then I am sorry, but you have a lot more to worry about than your phones....

03-28-11 11:38 PM
    Everyone copes differently. I loved denial for a long time. It's probably too late at night to do anything now, so what's wrong with a little escapism?
    03-28-11 11:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD