Nope -- the OP _said_ he was there for a Blackberry. The sales clerk ignored this. I'd be annoyed too. Dunno that it would ruin my day however...
    09-25-11 02:53 PM
    You don't own a mobile phone from birth, so if you are under 22 you probably can't even remember when BB was a dominant phone. Yet another reason why getting caught sleeping has hurt RIM for the looong run and why they MUST invest in advertising, which they seem reluctant to do.

The sales person wasn't against Blackberry he simply didn't know why anyone would want one.

When I got my 9930 at Verizon on the first day they were sold out at 11am (only had 10 but selling 10 phones in an hour shocked them), I got mine at noon but only because I called earlier and told them to hold it. While they were setting up the phone just about every employess in the store commented that they were shocked that they sold that many blackberries. They don't know anything about the phones and they don't know that people actually like them.

Will QNX change things? 100% NO! Unless RIM invests a TON of money in advertising. Will they? Nope
    09-25-11 03:18 PM
    i'm with the OP on this one!
    09-25-11 05:43 PM
    I am sick of people hating BlackBerry. I express my dislike of iOS or Android if asked but I don't go around bashing people for having iPhones or Android phones. It's their choice as is having a BlackBerry mine.
    09-25-11 06:15 PM
    Happened to me more than once.

It sux.
    09-25-11 06:21 PM
    The only thing that's sad and horrible is that you asked a salesperson for his advice. I like to use this site called Google.com for research.
    09-25-11 06:37 PM
    At least he didn't say "Then you should take a look at our selection of Apple devices"
    That would have been truly impressive considering as of right now Sprint does not offer any iPhones.
    09-25-11 06:58 PM
    [B]
    [...]

Steve: I'd say depends on your preference. Are you into keyboards?
    Customer: No, I'm more of a virtual keyboard, large screen type
    Steve: (*grinning*) Then you should take a look at our selection of Androids, including
    the new Epic 4G. Follow me
    Customer: (*pissed*) No thanks. I'm here for a BlackBerry. Androids suck!
    If you wanted a large screen type of virtual keyboard - he led you right. The 9850/60 is a positively tiny phone amongst the gigantic phones of today.
    09-25-11 07:10 PM
    Even if his criteria was different, any Sprint shop clerk would try convince customers away from BlackBerry handsets, considering the recent 'WINDOWS 7 PHONE WILL SURPASS BLACKBERRY OS!' speech - or at least I think that was from Sprint.
    09-25-11 09:08 PM
    The thing that we don't know is whether or not the salesperson in the Sprint store was being "spiffed" or was otherwise incentiveized for pushing the Epic, or dis-incentiveized for selling Blackberries. That would explain his actions much better than a grand conspiracy.
    09-25-11 09:28 PM
    Verizon pushes 4G, period. They don't push Iphones, but know Iphone users only buy Iphones. today's generation is all about social apps, security means nothing. There is alot of good phones running android. You should be mad at BB for letting us down and taking us for granted.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-25-11 09:30 PM
    Are you sure the guy just didn't think a giant screen/virtual keyboard was more important to you than specifically getting a BlackBerry? From reading this, I could see that being his perception possibly.

BlackBerry has been my main phone for about 8 years, but if a giant screen/virtual keyboard was my number one thing, I would get a WP7 or Android phone over any of the current BlackBerry touchscreen phones.
    09-26-11 06:28 PM
    Doesn't really matter whether or not Blackberry is a big name player or not, this is a classic example where the salesman is NOT listening to what the customer wants. The salesman's only job is to close the deal and get the new contract or contract extension. If the customer is drooling over a BlackBerry, the salesman should do the best at overcoming the customer objections and sell the phone that the customer wants right on the spot!
    That's the truth of sales, and there are indeed quotas to meet.
    09-28-11 03:35 PM
    Steve [sales employee] still has friends and family members not speaking to him because he suggested that they buy the "new and improved Storm 2" a while back... can you blame him?
    09-28-11 04:30 PM
    This may be one of the most entertaining threads I've read in awhile. It cracks me up how people get so upset over spilled milk.

I just bought my 9930 two weeks ago. Ya know how I did it? I researched everything first online and also by stopping by various stores to play with devices I was interested in. When I finally decided which device I wanted I called the local vzw store, asked them if they had a 9930 in stock and told them to put it aside for me I'll be right there to pick it up for an upgrade.

No fuss what so ever....don't let sales people bother you. They are just trying to make a living also even if it doesn't always come across this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 05:12 PM
    Not quite understanding how people are getting these "bad" store reps.. I went into sprint said i wanted to see the New BBs. The rep Replied "Here's the 9930 best keyboard in the business best BB ever take it for a spin. i like it. if you're into a full screen you could try the 9860 but you'd be better off with an android when it comes to apps and browsing" any sprint store I visit normally says the same thing with a few that try to sell their newest highest costing phone... maybe you guys are just getting reps that were teased by Mike L. as kids and have vowed to get revenge on RIM.. also Verizon sucks lol
    massari81890 likes this.
    09-29-11 09:13 PM
    Steve [sales employee] still has friends and family members not speaking to him because he suggested that they buy the "new and improved Storm 2" a while back... can you blame him?
    Steve was a Sprint employee, so no Storm 2 lol...
    10-05-11 11:42 PM
    Damn. Well, there you go with sales agents. Sometimes they make an incorrect assumption or force a device against one's will or choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 11:46 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD