well at least after all the bad press here's something more positive:

Time to believe

I agree.
    Yoox_II and bluetroll like this.
    03-29-12 07:07 PM
    I reckon there should be a thread for all positive people concerning RIM's future. Call it something along the lines of "The positive thread"

And any user/troll that gets salty can get banned.
    03-29-12 07:10 PM
    Yeah cause any positive thread always gets highjack with a troll and his multiple accounts.
    03-29-12 10:45 PM
    The 9810 I have is very good and BB10 will be better and more exciting.

It's very easy for me to believe
    03-29-12 10:56 PM
    RIM is making some moves finally. Very excited and optimistic!
    03-29-12 11:16 PM
    Come on bb10!

I would also like to see bbm on other platforms, my bbm list has gotten so small in the last year and a half that I barley even use it anymore.
    03-29-12 11:20 PM
    i read through the q4 report and all though things look difficult, it is simply the calm before the storm. Rimm-pire will strike back with BB10 and all the innovation Rim has in store for us.
    i to believe.
    03-29-12 11:21 PM
    I believe in them. They never lose much battery.

Like -3% per hour? I can't believe it because this phone has a bigger screen and processor than iphone.

I believe and I hope rim can get out of their desperate struggle

Troll alert!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-29-12 11:34 PM
    nah. i've never lost faith in RIM at all. hahaha.

From their current product lineup, the companies they have purchased and the tech demos... etc. They seem to be heading in the right direction, albeit a little too late in the game. But if they play it right, BB10 could be fantastic (if it is what i imagined it to be). Right now, their biggest hurdle would to be woo developers over to the platform and get the crucial apps in their ecosystem.

They could create a website that lists the top iOS/Android apps that are not available yet, and users can also add their own request too. Then get people to vote. Then if there is enough votes, RIM would then contact the developers and show them the demand. From what I am seeing now, it seems that us consumers are doing the work of petitioning for apps we want (think skype). Having a proper website and RIM directly contacting them would be a more efficient way. If we spam the developers individually, they are probably going to be pissed.
    03-29-12 11:40 PM
    There are plenty of belever's left... The bigger issue is can RIM keep them.... One segment they are sure to keep are the qwerty keyboard fanatics... assuming they make a BB10 with a physical keyboard.... The other for sure are those who understand the importance of security on smartphones in the coming years.... I find it amusing how many are now turning to Banking and bill payment on their smartphones without a thought on how insecure it can be... especially our Android friends.... Does not take much to write a malware app or email attachment to get the ball rolling....

RIM has lots of bite left... the problem is RIM may not be number one in the forseeable future but that is the standard people expect of RIM..... thus all the negativity... You have a company with no debt... money in the back ( couple of billion ).... If they make a decent phone that sells well... then they have a successful business... as successful as Apple... probably not but successful non the less.....
    03-29-12 11:51 PM
    nah. i've never lost faith in RIM at all. hahaha.

From their current product lineup, the companies they have purchased and the tech demos... etc. They seem to be heading in the right direction, albeit a little too late in the game. But if they play it right, BB10 could be fantastic (if it is what i imagined it to be). Right now, their biggest hurdle would to be woo developers over to the platform and get the crucial apps in their ecosystem.

They could create a website that lists the top iOS/Android apps that are not available yet, and users can also add their own request too. Then get people to vote. Then if there is enough votes, RIM would then contact the developers and show them the demand. From what I am seeing now, it seems that us consumers are doing the work of petitioning for apps we want (think skype). Having a proper website and RIM directly contacting them would be a more efficient way. If we spam the developers individually, they are probably going to be pissed.
    What???????
    03-29-12 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD