So it’s been a while and I’m searching for some advice as I’ve seen a lot of different potential outcomes. Until maybe a year ago even though I carried an iPhone, I’ve ALWAYS had a BlackBerry ranging from BBOS to BlackBerry 10 to “trying” BlackBerry Android Devices.

I’m at the point in my life where I simply don’t need a smart phone. Okay, well...I need my email accounts on my phone but I don’t need any apps...literally, just a device for calls, text, and email. The BlackBerry Classic would be the absolute perfect phone for me.

That said, as an AT&T customer (not really sure that matters) how much time am I looking at in terms of usage. Could I even use a Classic on AT&T? Would the HUB function for 6 email accounts including 2 Yahoo, 2 Gmail, 2 Outlook?

Some would say why not go with the Key 2 or Key 2 LE? Valid points. I really don’t have an answer other than I don’t want to use Android, but I guess if I’m not using any apps it would work fine. Okay, back to my original question.

Can a Classic be used on AT&T and will I have any phone, text, or email limitations? How long until the plug does in fact get pulled?

Thanks!
    08-11-19 05:46 PM
    So it’s been a while and I’m searching for some advice as I’ve seen a lot of different potential outcomes. Until maybe a year ago even though I carried an iPhone, I’ve ALWAYS had a BlackBerry ranging from BBOS to BlackBerry 10 to “trying” BlackBerry Android Devices.

I’m at the point in my life where I simply don’t need a smart phone. Okay, well...I need my email accounts on my phone but I don’t need any apps...literally, just a device for calls, text, and email. The BlackBerry Classic would be the absolute perfect phone for me.

That said, as an AT&T customer (not really sure that matters) how much time am I looking at in terms of usage. Could I even use a Classic on AT&T? Would the HUB function for 6 email accounts including 2 Yahoo, 2 Gmail, 2 Outlook?

Some would say why not go with the Key 2 or Key 2 LE? Valid points. I really don’t have an answer other than I don’t want to use Android, but I guess if I’m not using any apps it would work fine. Okay, back to my original question.

Can a Classic be used on AT&T and will I have any phone, text, or email limitations? How long until the plug does in fact get pulled?

Thanks!
    For that usage, you should be just fine on a Classic with AT&T for a long time.
    Al Paca likes this.
    08-11-19 06:02 PM
    For that usage, you should be just fine on a Classic with AT&T for a long time.
    Thanks! I’ve seen some say all “legacy” BB including BBOS and BB10 would lose all carriage usage as early as this month.

Biggest fear was needing to jump through hoops getting email on to the Classic. I tried a bit ago to give my 9900 a shot and had to jump through hoops to get email configured/recognized.
    08-11-19 06:27 PM
    jump through hoops getting email on to the Classic.
    There will be some hassle getting those Gmail and Yahoo accounts on a BB10 device but search here in the CB forums for solutions. I think the problem is 2-factor authentication but it can be solved.
    08-11-19 06:34 PM
    There will be some hassle getting those Gmail and Yahoo accounts on a BB10 device but search here in the CB forums for solutions. I think the problem is 2-factor authentication but it can be solved.
    Thanks. If I remember correctly you just need to open your email on your desktop while trying to add the accounts to your phone so your give permission or “lower” the security settings. Definitely annoying, but worth it.
    08-11-19 06:36 PM