In all seriouslness, this guy should be the one introducing products and doing interviews instead of Laz. I realize he specializes in the PlayBook right now, but he should become the PR guy for all RIM products! He is much easier to relate to.
    04-25-11 11:21 AM
    Ryan Biden is definitely good, but seriously, if you're going to nominate somebody to step in for CEO of RIM and introduce products, it should be me!
    howarmat and Deathcommand like this.
    04-25-11 11:38 AM
    Ryan Biden is definitely good, but seriously, if you're going to nominate somebody to step in for CEO of RIM and introduce products, it should be me!
    I didn't want to fill up the boards with such an obvious post! Plus, you already said this in your last Podcast.

Anyways, I just watched the Ryan Biden portion of the Engadget Show and he is really good at answering questions and avoiding ones he can't answer without looking like an *****.
    04-25-11 11:59 AM
    I'll second that.

And toss in a vote for Bla1ze too.....just because that would be so cool:

And now, ladies and gentlemen, our CEO, Blaaaaaaaa1ze!
    04-25-11 12:01 PM
    Ryan is good, both CEOs have "issues" but Jim has certainly been the better of the 2
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    04-25-11 12:39 PM
    I am surprised the offers from RIM havent come in already for Kevin! Ryan did a good job!
    04-25-11 12:43 PM
    Heck, Kevin. I'd vote for you as RIM's CEO.

Actually I'd vote for anyone who understands that to sell today you need to market your products. JUst putting stuff on shelves and hoping people will buy has not been good enough for the last 20 years.

How do we get you in the door ?
    04-25-11 12:48 PM
    The funny thing is that Kevin has marketed BlackBerrys far more than RIM ever has!
    04-25-11 02:58 PM
    Thanks for the support everybody!! Would make a pretty funny story if it ever happened.

I think tech company transitions to new CEOs will make for interesting times over the next decade... replacing Steve Jobs at Apple is going to be a mess (even if he's out of the day to day now.. people still identify him with the company and brand). Once he's out of the picture every more Apple makes will be under huge scrutiny... What would Steve have done? And eventually RIM's Co-CEOs are going to want to retire too. The media has never been overly kind to RIM's CEOs, so it might be a bit of the opposite story depending who eventually steps in there.
    04-25-11 03:43 PM
    They at least need to lock Mike away in the basement. Jim has been handling the interviews pretty well. Ryan is definitely good at interviews though and RIM should put him out there more for them.
    04-25-11 04:03 PM
    Thanks for the support everybody!! Would make a pretty funny story if it ever happened.

I think tech company transitions to new CEOs will make for interesting times over the next decade... replacing Steve Jobs at Apple is going to be a mess (even if he's out of the day to day now.. people still identify him with the company and brand). Once he's out of the picture every more Apple makes will be under huge scrutiny... What would Steve have done? And eventually RIM's Co-CEOs are going to want to retire too. The media has never been overly kind to RIM's CEOs, so it might be a bit of the opposite story depending who eventually steps in there.
    Within the next 20 years I can see many of these tech companies that specialize
    in mobile devices going much younger when it comes to CEO's. It would take for
    one company to step up and dare to do such a thing. Knowing they'd take a good
    stock hit for a good while. But it would be because they really believe in the person.
    Then it would become the standard.
    04-25-11 04:13 PM
    Seriously, would you guys really go all out on a marketing campaign at this juncture? I think the right time is when the cellular device is an available option and the bridge kinks are worked out. Plus, you really need the video conferencing functional or your marketing guys will be missing some serious ammunition.
    04-25-11 04:23 PM
    They shouldn't be marketing right now. Most of us agree this is a soft launch with the full blitz coming when the major features are added, such as:

Email
    Calendar
    Auto Correction
    Android
    BlackBerry Phone Apps
    BBM
    Video Chat
    Video Store
    04-25-11 08:27 PM
    What we ened to do is find someone on here who has stock in RIM. Then, when there is a vote for new board members, get all stockholders to write in Kevin's name!
    04-26-11 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD