Of interest Android apps were also infected. Some reported cases of IOS, nothing was reported with BlackBerry. Many computers already compromised, beware.

Russian gang stole 1.2 billion Net passwords

Kaspersky: Android banking apps most at risk of virus ? MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

New iDroid mobile trojan said to impact iOS and Android devices - SC Magazine

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 08-06-14 at 02:41 PM.
    MarsupilamiX and Shadowyugi like this.
    08-05-14 07:00 PM
    Running to my bunker right now! JK.

People become lazy about passwords. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    08-05-14 07:10 PM
    Running to my bunker right now! JK.

People become lazy about passwords. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

OK, do so quickly, no time to waste.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 07:10 PM
    OK, do so quickly, no time to waste.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.

Weren't these mostly Internet passwords? I'm glad I use Lastpass now.

08-05-14 07:12 PM
    Someone got into my paypal last week or so, and a few transaction was sent to Google. Luckily, I saw it in time and called paypal to cancelled it. All they told me was to change my password which I did. It's scary

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 07:14 PM
    LOL.

Weren't these mostly Internet passwords? I'm glad I use Lastpass now.

LastPass is awesome. Especially when you use it with Google Authenticator for two factor authentication.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-05-14 08:23 PM
    08-05-14 08:50 PM
    Someone got into my paypal last week or so, and a few transaction was sent to Google. Luckily, I saw it in time and called paypal to cancelled it. All they told me was to change my password which I did. It's scary

Posted via CB10
    You know what is more scarier? I have a very old PayPal account that I haven't used for many years and it has been inactive and I even couldn't recover the account. One day there was a charge of 499.99 into my credit card. Luckily I found it out in time and ask the bank to reverse the charge and cancelled my card. What did the PayPal side do after I wrote a message to them? They sent me an automated email included with a link to recover the account which I had tried.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 11:34 PM
    Scary, makes me wonder if I should just delete majority of the apps from my BlackBerry and use my old iPhone for who cares apps. I would hate for some pesky android app to hack my bank account app some how. Plus after reading several months back how some groups were using popular games like Angry Birds to compromise people's data,

Oh how I really hope we can disable permissions come 10.3

As of recent I have locked down my mac as much as I can think to do, with the tips from Firefox, everything encrypted, ad marketers blocked, strong unique passwords for everything (oh how I would be screwed if I lost my BlackBerry password app lol)

But now I'm at a wall, I know I can encrypt the bb, but don't know what else to do beyond that since we can't disable permissions the only option would to be to accept it or be paranoid of all the devs and not put anything on my phone lol

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 12:22 AM
    And actually I have had to change my Hotmail password several times the past year, having people trying to hack it from all over, Russia, China, usa, brazil

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 12:31 AM
    Must be why T-MOBILE stopped the purchase of apps thru there T-Mobile pay option. Now you have to use a credit card or PayPal account

BB10_Is_So_Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    08-06-14 12:49 AM
    So uh.....who needs the internet right?
    08-06-14 12:56 AM
    And actually I have had to change my Hotmail password several times the past year, having people trying to hack it from all over, Russia, China, usa, brazil

Posted via CB10
    Same here!!! Happened a few times this year

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 12:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same here with Hotmail.
    Also, I made a few purchases with my credit card last month on my home computer. So many, that I reached the cards limit. Just the other day, my card company called and asked if I had tried to purchase any high priced items over the net in the last few days. After saying no, they said someone had tried to buy computers, beds and audio equipment over the net with no luck. This is the first time in my life that I'm happy I maxed my card out.

Great Quote / Charles Eagan / Blackbery Summit:

"Security is like oxygen. You don't notice it until it's missing. When it's missing, it's all you think about."

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-06-14 12:59 AM
    Wooooow.
    Thank you very much OP!

Time to change some passwords....

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 02:52 AM
    Crazy we don't even know which sites were affected

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-06-14 03:07 AM
    Several good reasons NOT to use the same PW across various internet sites and services...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-06-14 03:28 AM
    2c and Shadowyugi like this.
    08-06-14 04:00 AM
    ^ for the people who are directly affected...
    This is a disaster.

For companies who focus on security / privacy (this case is one where both correlate with another for once) this might be a godsend gift.

For BlackBerry users who have BB10 and use Android apps, this is a potential disaster.

Another reason why BlackBerry should implement an option to edit Android app permissions.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 04:08 AM
    Get legitimate apps in legitimate ways, maintain good password practices, use good security software.

Dodgy practices lead to expected results.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    08-06-14 07:52 AM
    Guys use two step authentication for your important stuff.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 08:29 AM
    Welcome to the digital world my internet friends, as I said a thousand times, nothing is considered 100% safe once you have exposed yourself to the internet. Even the most sophisticated password can be cracked with the technology they have at their fingertips in todays digital age.

I was surprised when I read the article, but not surprised considering how well organized some of these gangs are. They have the money, muscle and programming talent to achieve anything they ask for, welcome to the new world.
    08-06-14 08:50 AM
    Get legitimate apps in legitimate ways, maintain good password practices, use good security software.

Dodgy practices lead to expected results.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    But angry birds is a legitimate app and it was one that was used as an example.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 01:11 PM
    But angry birds is a legitimate app and it was one that was used as an example.

Posted via CB10
    Angry birds obtained through the Play Store? I didn't see that.
    08-06-14 01:12 PM
    08-06-14 01:40 PM
55 123