I asked this question in the forum for my phone, the Curve 8530 but nobody seemed to be able to answer.

I just got my bb a week ago and I was wondering if it's possible to get the ability to type in Cyrillic alphabet. With some people I prefer to send emails or text messages in Russian, and I have heard that it is possible to download something to get this on blackberry phones... which is a big reason for me to choose to get one (I was going to save up for iphone mainly for the Cyrillic keyboard).

So if anyway this can be done, I would be very happy to find out. Thank you everyone.
    06-24-10 06:20 PM
    This is an option but I'm still looking for a free alternative
    06-24-10 07:43 PM
    That looks okay. But I don't have credit card to buy things like that, so if there is free one it would be better. I think there should be free one because the phone comes with support for Chinese and Portuguese on my phone, so why not all languages? I think it should be available in the website or something for free, but what do I know?
    06-24-10 09:26 PM
    Thank you for your help by the way.
    06-24-10 09:27 PM
    Oh I remember it now!

first use blackberry desktop manager's App loader to install the Russian input

if this is not an option, you need to install the multilingual version of your device software

For sprint go here
    For Verizon go here

run the installer, then plug in your Curve. BDM should automatically recognize that there is an update and ask you to upgrade

Options ->Language and text input. input-> language select russian from the dropdown, or enable quick selection (alt+enter)
    Last edited by grahamf; 06-24-10 at 10:55 PM.
    06-24-10 10:30 PM
    I apologize for the limited instructions, but for convenience I am assuming that you are an advanced user. if you wan't me t go in detail i will, just it wouldn't be necessary if you already know how.
    06-24-10 10:59 PM
    I am not at all advanced lol. also I'm not sprint or verizon, I have virgin and am in Canada, I don't know if that matters a lot. But no, I don't really understand the instructions, sorry. I appreciate your help so much.
    06-24-10 11:10 PM
    I'm sorry. And also the instructions that I am giving are supposed to work as others use them, but unless multilanguage is not multilanguage the Russian input is not available for my phone and so probably yours, thus they are useless.

the only other thing I can think of is to ask here: BlackBerry. Новос‚и, сове‚‹ и „о€ƒм
    Last edited by grahamf; 06-24-10 at 11:33 PM.
    06-24-10 11:28 PM
    ^ Thank you for link to that forum, I think it might help. I don't know about how to do this with computers so I'm asking my sister to help me. I will let you know how it works.
    06-25-10 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD