Ok, a little lost here. Where does it say anything about anyone actually licensing it, other than speculation on the author's part?

I'd like to see Sony as a partner, their name alone still carries more weight than most companies.
    Nowhere. This is just a speculation discussion based on observing various factors at play.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:09 PM
    Nowhere. This is just a speculation discussion based on observing various factors at play.

Posted via CB10
    Would make more sense to title it "licensing bb10 could happen if _____happens"

I'd like to see it, but pure speculation at this point.
    06-05-13 10:17 PM
    If you look at Sony's new offerings, they are basically saying "screw mediocrity and margins. Sony is a premium product, we'll do premium and market it premium.". Just look at the latest line-ups from Sony, and you'll probably be able to see and understand the radical shift back to premium compared to the days of Sony-Ericsson where they were trying to eke out margins on low-end devices with many compromises.

I think that if Sony truly builds devices for BlackBerry, i don't really see how it would end up being another Samsung-Google case of 'symbiosis-turn-parasitic' relationship. I mean, let us say for example it really happened. Then BlackBerry would just continue developing the OS and software, and leave out the hardware to Sony to figure out the sweet spot, based on a standard-issue, very much like how Microsoft is doing with its partners.

While some may cry foul that if BlackBerry is to follow Microsoft will backfire; I think it is only prudent for us to remember that BlackBerry has the capability to mould its own hardware, forge it, ship it just as fine. Microsoft had ZERO experience manufacturing its own hardware (in phones, not the xbox mind you) and so its a different game. Worse come to worse, Sony may attempt like what MIUI did to Google Android, but I think BlackBerry if by then becomes a fully software company which releases reference phones designs should be okay. Its not like it would create a fragmentation (I remember Kevin CrackBerry mentioned something about BBRY can just ship any phone empty, only with BlackBerry World and go on from there installing everything the user wants)

I would only see issue if there are PLURAL companies overlapping in design, just like now what happened to the Android market.
    06-05-13 11:58 PM
    Would make more sense to title it "licensing bb10 could happen if _____happens"

I'd like to see it, but pure speculation at this point.
    Did you catch the part about the BlackBerry board member being owner and CEO? If they weren't working towards a common goal it would be a conflict of interest. Last I heard he's still on the BlackBerry BOD. How can it not be happening?
    No we haven't heard anything concreat from either company but the above fact remains and is very hard to neglect.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 04:16 AM
29 12