Dear Blackberry R&D,

Please make one rugged BB10 device/series for outdoor & sport use, I don't need 24 carat gold coating and fashion gimmicks, just these features :
    - BIG Physical Buttons for Lock/Unlock, Camera, Volume/Customizable Button (Gloves friendly)
    - Dust/Moist/Impact Protection
    - Hot-swappable SDcard (big one not micro) for digicam/gopro compatibility
    - Outdoor APPS (GPS, cadence, gopro-wifi-remote control, nikon AW110 apps, etc)
    - Masculine Industrial Design Form

I've been using BB for few years and love em! Got the Playbook and Z10 also, but I ride bikes and motorcycles sometimes, and needed that specific device. I think there's quite a bit market for that. I also use otterbox and ballistic cases, but still I can't use the Z10 (or Q10) when i'm mountain biking, i have to bring my iPhone 4S for it's physical camera button, gopro & nikon apps, etc.

Just an idea.. cheers
    05-30-13 10:42 PM
    I would love to see a water resistant BB device, as water intrusion is the BB's Achilles heel. BB's already have durability, great screens for viewing outdoors. Yeah, GoPro has back burnered us to the red-headed step child of apps
    05-31-13 12:35 AM
    A ruggedized BB10 sounds like an excellent idea.

Even better, get the company that made the Caterpillar brand Android phone to license BB10.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    05-31-13 12:41 AM
    something like the Dev Alpha C square and tough, and matte.

don't see bigger hardware buttons as possible though.
    05-31-13 10:44 AM
    My husband would love it!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:55 AM
    I'd be all over such a BlackBerry.
    05-31-13 01:18 PM

I've been using BB for few years and love em! Got the Playbook and Z10 also, but I ride bikes and motorcycles sometimes, and needed that specific device. I think there's quite a bit market for that. I also use otterbox and ballistic cases, but still I can't use the Z10 (or Q10) when i'm mountain biking, i have to bring my iPhone 4S for it's physical camera button, gopro & nikon apps, etc.

Just an idea.. cheers
    OP, doesn't the Z10 with an Otterbox work well enough?

I've been thinking about this for when I get the A10. My plan was to get an Otterbox Defender (hopefully it will be available) and then use it on my road bike with an offline map. Based on what you say, it seems you have more of a camera issue than a ruggedness issue. And a few key apps (gopro) would be helpful.
    05-31-13 07:57 PM