I hope it's made up or OP looks like a real ...I won't say it for celebrating getting someone fired over a perceived slight against a hunk of plastic and glass.
    No I agree but calling people who have one idiots is not really a good thing to say neither

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:02 AM
    I'm hoping that story isn't true. Any manager who fires an employee in front of a customer is not worthy of the position. I could understand if the manager caught her in the act, but in this case, he should have dealt with her directly and in private, especially given the security camera footage. You didn't need to be there.
    Exactly this. That kind of action could bring about a lawsuit in many parts of the world.
    10-29-14 01:14 AM
    I absolutely love when employees at the office use the phrase " obsolete " when referring to my BlackBerry Q10 because I say to them (especially the iphone users) that their iphone home button has been on the iphone since 2007 and hasn't changed and to me that's " old ". But the best is their reaction when I ask them to tell me just why it's old and obsolete and no one can respond.
    Phone wars are extremely silly. Just point out that BlackBerry has come a long way and that you like your phone. Then walk away.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-29-14 10:17 AM
    Assuming the story is true I read the lines and the spaces between them this way.

The OP's complaint was just the the last incident of x incidents where x > 3.
    If you work with the public people are going to complain.
    If a supervisor see's a pattern then a "friendly chat" is probably in order.
    If the "friendly chat" fails sooner or later firing is going to be indicated.

Getting caught lying to your supervisor is just greasing the slide.
    10-29-14 01:19 PM
    ^
    I fully agree with that, no questions asked.
    Also the thing about lacking integrity, and her repeatedly doing the same thing is kind of a bummer.
    Obviously, other people are looking for a job as well and might be (/are) better suited as a sales clerk than her.

But, our capitalistic world can be very cold sometimes, so I do have a soft spot for people who are trying to bring back some "humanity" in that dog eat dog world.
    And you do have to admit that the poster is pretty good with sarcasm, even though his posts are oozing with pathos (if you look behind the sarcasm)

Posted via CB10
    Eh, I'm not impressed by that. I am good at sarcasm as well. I respect things that require real skill. Some people are just too pleased with themselves, and that's another thing I don't really care for...

And trust me, in real life, I go out of my way to help people whenever possible. But at the same time, I understand not to waste my time and effort on people who will not appreciate the help or put it to good use. My time and charity will be better off elsewhere in those cases.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-29-14 05:57 PM
    It looks like someone here is trying to be a hero in Final Fantasy that can instantly turn a rebellious teenager that has insulted so many customers the manager got tired by the flood of complaints into a shining exemplary star of humility.

Not only that, it is also assumed that a simple meeting will instantly change the fate of a person that has driven at the very least one customer away from a store and damages the store's reputation.

In a relatively small community, you DO NOT want to have a nasty brat insulting your customer. Even amongst the most loyal of customers, a simple insult, even if unintended, can result in disaster. Your store is only as good as people think of it, the moment people look for alternative is the moment people no longer look for your store.

This is not a huge service where the company has monopoly like landline where ridiculously bad customer service will not lose you a chunk of customers, this is a business of selling phones, of which there are a myriad of ways to get it, and the one thing you don't want to happen is for customers to find something other than "going to my store"

I hereby claim that the hero in question has never ran a store before.

The story in question mentions that this is not the first offense. Any manager worth their salt would have tried to deal with the situation since the first offense, but the best way to win back insulted customers is to ensure they never see the insulting employee in your store again.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    slagman5 and Gilda675 like this.
    10-30-14 01:34 AM
    Please tell us that he used a BlackBerry to call a cab to haul her *** outta there haha !!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-30-14 03:39 AM
    Love the Final Fantasy bit. Its like turning Squall into a party animal after the first meeting

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    10-30-14 12:03 PM
    Labour laws in Malta probably aren't the same as here.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:57 AM
    The employee was wrong for insulting the customer, her boss was wrong for firing her in front of the customer, and the customer was wrong for taking pleasure in her losing her livelihood. Just a tragic situation all around (if it's true).
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-24-14 01:16 PM
    Well stories oon the interweb, who knows if 100% true. I just wish I could be a part of these kinds of stories, so I can support her and score her on the rebound.

Zapp brannigan style.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 04:08 PM
    Good she got what she deserved and good ridens
    11-24-14 04:15 PM
    Didn't I read somewhere that Obama uses BlackBerry???

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:10 PM
138 ... 456