To blow off a potential customer is beyond belief. Sounds like the employee has had a bad record and that was the final straw. Probably has been written up, hence the firing.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    lift likes this.
    10-07-14 09:27 AM
    Kinda sad, but as mentioned before, she should have been doing business in the fight place.
    10-07-14 09:39 AM
    Hey, this happens all the time..even in BlackBerry's home country of Canada. They are going out of business bla bla....

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:44 AM
    I hope it's made up or OP looks like a real ...I won't say it for celebrating getting someone fired over a perceived slight against a hunk of plastic and glass.
    I know you manage or own some kind of Carrier store. If you think that her attitude was acceptable then you are not a good manager (or owner). Doesn't matter what phone he was asking about. The customer wants what they want and should never be made fun of or put down in any way. I have been in this situation first hand also, like many others here have said too. It's not over a phone or piece of glass. It's the attitude of these people that is not acceptable and you should know that.
    TheAmazingHarold likes this.
    10-07-14 11:25 AM
    To all those who disbelieve the story, that is your right. But here in Malta, these things are normal and occur regularly. The girl was not fired for running down a brand but for insulting a customer and then lying about it. If I understood correctly, this was not her first offence so the manager had every right to sack her as he is directly responsible for the employees and the running of the shop. I personally have nothing against her and did not plan or want it to turn out that way but it is a fact that certain things are not tolerated in the workplace and there would be consequences for that behaviour.

P.S. No she was not hot. Rather average looking.

P.P.S. She looked about 20-25 years old.

P.P.P.S. Unfortunately the passport will not be in stock in the foreseeable future.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    lift, spikesolie, spike12 and 4 others like this.
    10-07-14 11:47 AM
    Not so unbelievable. Sales people try to steer people towards their personal preference in all areas. If you would have seen what I endured last week trying to buy black paint, you would understand. I almost had to agree to sign a disclaimer that I wouldn't try to bring it back before he mixed it.

It's a pretty common thing to notice now. Customer service is pretty much hit or miss with anything. In the industry I work in, because our customers spend big bucks, we never argue with them. If they are in fact wrong about something, we gently steer them towards the right answer in a way that doesn't offend them.

It frustrates me greatly when I leave my workplace and go to spend my hard earned dollars somewhere and the person I deal with treats me with disrespect.

I believe the true issue with the person in the OP's post is that the girl was unprofessional. If not the first instance of this behavior, she most certainly did not belong on sales. I know an encounter like that would probably cause me to not visit that store again.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    10-07-14 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the story. Sad ending. I hope she learns to be more respectful, truthful and finds success elsewhere. Now... does anyone have an extra home button lying around? I'm so ancient I forgot how to use one. I want to remember how it feels.
    10-07-14 12:40 PM
    Hehe a happy ending BlackBerry story. hehe

From my ? phone
    10-07-14 01:10 PM
    Not so unbelievable. Sales people try to steer people towards their personal preference in all areas. If you would have seen what I endured last week trying to buy black paint, you would understand. I almost had to agree to sign a disclaimer that I wouldn't try to bring it back before he mixed it.

It's a pretty common thing to notice now. Customer service is pretty much hit or miss with anything. In the industry I work in, because our customers spend big bucks, we never argue with them. If they are in fact wrong about something, we gently steer them towards the right answer in a way that doesn't offend them.

It frustrates me greatly when I leave my workplace and go to spend my hard earned dollars somewhere and the person I deal with treats me with disrespect.

I believe the true issue with the person in the OP's post is that the girl was unprofessional. If not the first instance of this behavior, she most certainly did not belong on sales. I know an encounter like that would probably cause me to not visit that store again.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. That was a great example of the way things should be handled. It's called being professional and tactful. Two words that most people today do not understand and have no concept of.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    CBmanJWS likes this.
    10-07-14 02:23 PM
    Well, I call BS on this story! Has anyone ever had a Walmart employee come up and ask if you need help?

Lol I work there. When I'm having a good day and not as busy I've tried

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    spike12 likes this.
    10-07-14 03:25 PM
    Lol I work there. When I'm having a good day and not as busy I've tried

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    Well, you know I was just trying to interject a little humor. I do a lot of shopping at Walmart.

10-07-14 04:36 PM
    The poor girl probably really believed what she was saying. I feel sorry for her.
    You can translate it to real if you remove everything after the point that she said blackberry was for old people.
    10-07-14 04:50 PM
    Really he fired her with you in the room, with no documentation or discussion with his manager or an HR representative? Assuming this is true, that would definitley violate several HR policies for the company and I think your friend will be next to go.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    It's not like she was going to retire there. Maybe she can take the lesson forward with her in life.

In the meantime, maybe she'll spend some of her spare time doing the research she should have done while working in the mobile technology business. ...or birch about it on Twitter, and post some sad face selfies on Instagram...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:03 PM
    Wars will soon be started over our phone choices.

Just a matter of time.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-07-14 05:22 PM
    I'm hoping that story isn't true. Any manager who fires an employee in front of a customer is not worthy of the position. I could understand if the manager caught her in the act, but in this case, he should have dealt with her directly and in private, especially given the security camera footage. You didn't need to be there.

If this is the standard of doing business and running companies in Malta, I feel sorry for people who are employees.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-07-14 05:36 PM
    You have obviously never been to Vodafone Malta. All their outlets have audio and video recording. Every employee is informed about this on their second interview. Cameras are everywhere except in the toilets. They have a team of people in Vodafone house whose job is monitoring everything that goes on in the outlets. It is perfectly legal here and widely used in many shops and establishments.

10-07-14 05:38 PM
    Unfortunately that is the way things work here. Its not a bad place to live but working conditions are quite bad with certain companies. And nobody speaks up because no one wants to lose their job. So you just have to put up with it.

10-07-14 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not all, back when I was younger I worked in retail and I wouldn't push brands I liked. I would sell them what I feel would suit their needs the best. I would hope people would do that but I have experienced that a lot of sales people will simply push their opinions on you, and that's unfortunate...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-07-14 05:59 PM
    You have obviously never been to Vodafone Malta. All their outlets have audio and video recording. Every employee is informed about this on their second interview. Cameras are everywhere except in the toilets. They have a team of people in Vodafone house whose job is monitoring everything that goes on in the outlets. It is perfectly legal here and widely used in many shops and establishments.

True I have not ever been there so will withdraw my assumptions and simply leave in my feelings .

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    10-07-14 06:01 PM
    Sounds like the young woman (salesperson) was obviously over the top, and completely out of line. **** happens, she forgot for a moment that she was being recorded, and didn't think there would/could be any consequences to her actions. Turns out she was wrong. To make matters worse the girl lied about her behaviour before the video was used to see what really happened. I don't know of any company that would keep someone that has been caught lying outright and does not/has not owned up to it. It's just not good business practice. I applaud the OP for standing up for herself. No one should accept being treated this way.
    10-07-14 06:37 PM
    Thanks for the story. Sad ending. I hope she learns to be more respectful, truthful and finds success elsewhere. Now... does anyone have an extra home button lying around? I'm so ancient I forgot how to use one. I want to remember how it feels.
    I would give you my "ancient" home button but I am currently using it to securely open up my iPhone instantly rather than manually inputting passwords like BB10. To each their own, I guess.
    SMocek likes this.
    10-07-14 06:45 PM
    Hey what's the difference from iPhone 1 and iPhone 6? Nothing. Good story and don't feel bad for her.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 and Al1n like this.
    10-07-14 08:19 PM
    Wow, so much drama over a phone choice.

I know people like to put down BlackBerry, but phone network employees need to make money, whether it happens to be from an Iphone or a BlackBerry. That kind of derogatory attitude towards BlackBerry is definitely not appropriate for a sales person and she got what she deserved.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Funny how you use 'Atitude' and 'she got what she deserved' as the specific adjectives in your post above.

You're showing the exact same negative attitude. We where not there, don't know the FULL story, nor the maturity of this girl. She sounds like the a-typical teen who chooses aliances and preference for products as a brand of herself based on the common use of friends and peers. This is NOT unlike us guys of the 80s using skateboards, Roots, Beaver Canoe, Benneton (the latter 3 where completely unattainable for my poor families broke *** unless sales or warehouse outlets equal to the rock bottom prices that you see at value village these days). Girls ... Cotton Ginny (today it's LuLu Lemon) etc. there is absolutely no difference just the products ... effective marketing against mindless children trying to make their mark of importance in a sea of ever growing popularity.

Sorry I don't mean to single your post our there is another just below yours on the first page but I wanted to highlight what you stated.

She was young and hopefully she'll learn from this mistake and adjust accordingly.

For all YOU or I or the OP knows - she could've been a single mother with a child at the age of 16-23 living on her own! NOBODY ... and I mean NOBODY deserves to loose their jobs over their personal statements that are not directly offensive to the person. Our op like MANY fanboys of ANY product or OS felt offended ... WHY!?!! HE/SHE/YOU/I where EVER involved in ANY step of the way in creating BB10! So why get personally offended.

The OP specifically stated he did NOT want it to come to this ... should've seen it coming ... but professed to the store manager. That was honorable but the OP NEVER STATED SHE DESERVED it! Why should YOU feel this way?! Another point of view maybe the manager was stating that and maybe he was trying to get into her pants and was getting no play.

I wish ingorance & deceit had no place in the forums!
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-07-14 08:26 PM
    Looks like you don't know about the picture password option on Blackberry which is easier than putting your finger on an ancient home button.

Posted via CB10
    Al1n likes this.
    10-07-14 08:50 PM
    I would give you my "ancient" home button but I am currently using it to securely open up my iPhone instantly rather than manually inputting passwords like BB10. To each their own, I guess.
    Looks like you don't know about the picture password option on Blackberry which is easier than putting your finger on an ancient home button.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:51 PM
138 1234 ...