So I went down to my local Vodafone store in Malta (Europe) and asked if they were going to stock the passport. As soon as I mentioned the word BlackBerry, the sales girl gave a laugh and asked if I was serious. I said that I was indeed serious and she leaned towards me in a conspiring way and informed me that only ancient people and idiots still use BlackBerry. So I asked her what phone she uses and she whipped out her iPhone 4s out of her pocket with a smirk and proceeded to say that iphones are the only phones that are relevant and in style. So I gave her a smile and took out my Z3, then informed her just how ignorant she is and that her precious iPhone is obsolete and a POS. As I was leaving the store, I ran into the manager who I knew (everybody knows everybody here) and proceeded to tell him exactly what the sales girl told me word for word. Turns out that he is a BlackBerry man and uses a Q10. Needless to say, he was not amused in the slightest, especially about the idiots and ancient people part. Then he called me and the girl to his office and asked her about it. She denied everything and said that I must have misunderstood her. So the guy pulls up the camera footage, turns several shades of red, turns round to her and told her that he is sick and tired of listening to complaints about her attitude, that lying is not tolerated and to pack her things immediately. She left the office in tears. I did not want it to come to this and told him so. He said that she was making the company lose business and that her lies were the final straw so she brought it upon herself. Bottom line is that ignorance and deceit have no place in a company.

Thanks for reading this long post and I hope that I have not bored you

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    10-07-14 12:25 AM
    Wow, so much drama over a phone choice.

I know people like to put down BlackBerry, but phone network employees need to make money, whether it happens to be from an Iphone or a BlackBerry. That kind of derogatory attitude towards BlackBerry is definitely not appropriate for a sales person and she got what she deserved.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    10-07-14 01:34 AM
    Good story. She definitely got what was coming to her.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    10-07-14 01:44 AM
    This sounds like a fantasy.

Did you make it on Story Maker?
    10-07-14 01:47 AM
    Heh, I can just imagine the look on her face as she walked out lol

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    lift and NYTOC83 like this.
    10-07-14 01:47 AM
    Nice to read...

Lots of people seems to think blackberry is obsolete, buy the only thing they do is demonstrate their lack of knowledge about smartphones, they're posers who follow the masses and this drives them to ignorance... sad but true...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    10-07-14 01:55 AM
    Now she really really really hates BlackBerry!
    I think that she'll never trust BlackBerry! Never ever!!

What about giving her another chance?
    She's got to take a Z10 and make 10 ppl buy it instead of an iPhone. If she succeeds until the End of the month, she can keep the job.
    The next month, it's 10 more and by the End of the year 30!! Else, she can leave volountierly.

LOL

Nah... Sad story... but hey! Did the manager say sth about the Passport??

Have a nice day!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    MLDodier, Bluenoser63 and NYTOC83 like this.
    10-07-14 02:28 AM
    Malta eh, you should have mentioned to her that BlackBerry was a Canadian company... it probably wouldn't have mattered but it would have been an opportunity to toss in a comment about Buzz Beurling (the Falcon of Malta). He's a Canadian WW2 fighter pilot ace that single handedly saved the beautiful island of Malta.

Just saying.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    m1a1mg, AYC2112, spike12 and 4 others like this.
    10-07-14 04:12 AM
    Footage?!? Man that's unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    deda1002 likes this.
    10-07-14 04:18 AM
    ......"turns round to her and told her that he is sick and tired of listening to complaints about her attitude, that lying is not tolerated and to pack her things immediately. She left the office in tears. I did not want it to come to this and told him so. He said that she was making the company lose business and that her lies were the final straw so she brought it upon herself."

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    She wasn't dismissed for BlackBerry comments....

Z30 144GB
    troubauk likes this.
    10-07-14 04:24 AM
    Turned out to be a thriller comedy in the end...Have you thought of writing a detective series!

Posted via CB10
    deda1002 likes this.
    10-07-14 04:38 AM
    DAMN! That's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:56 AM
    >iphones in style
    >in style
    >iphone 4s
    HUE

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    10-07-14 06:42 AM
    I hope it's made up or OP looks like a real ...I won't say it for celebrating getting someone fired over a perceived slight against a hunk of plastic and glass.
    10-07-14 06:50 AM
    Really he fired her with you in the room, with no documentation or discussion with his manager or an HR representative? Assuming this is true, that would definitley violate several HR policies for the company and I think your friend will be next to go.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    h20work likes this.
    10-07-14 07:05 AM
    feel good story, even if it sounds semi made up
    logger4942 likes this.
    10-07-14 07:20 AM
    feel good story, even if it sounds semi made up
    Lol, I like that verdict.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:26 AM
    Post #16 you must be in North America

#BBFactCheck
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-07-14 07:32 AM
    Regardless whether this is true or not, she had no right to call the guy and ancient and ***** then deny the fact that she said it. It wasn't about BlackBerry at that point, it was about being rude to a customer and then lying about it.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 and Al1n like this.
    10-07-14 07:36 AM
    Sometimes Crackberry sounds like the Penthouse Forum for phones.
    10-07-14 07:48 AM
    The poor girl probably really believed what she was saying. I feel sorry for her.
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    10-07-14 07:56 AM
    Well, you got someone fired but you did defend your phone platform so good for you! You're a villain to a family but a hero to us. What kind of good deed do you have in mind today?

Just kidding. You should ask the girl on a dinner date to turn the revenge fantasy into a romance. Why not? She's probably cutting back on her social life just about now.
    10-07-14 07:58 AM
    Wow, that story made my morning. I'm guessing she was a (20 something) sheep who thinks she knows everything. I have no sympathy whatsoever. She didn't insult BlackBerry so much as she insulted you (the OP) by saying you're stupid and not "in style" (as if that's why people buy a technology device!). She was bad for his business and also lied about it and got caught. Slowly but surely these sheeple....who happen to have jobs that sell to other sheeple....will get some education, or just get caught being unscrupulous or just rude.

Anyway, even if this is not true, thanks for making my morning.
    10-07-14 08:11 AM
    Well, you got someone fired but you did defend your phone platform so good for you! You're a villain to a family but a hero to us. What kind of good deed do you have in mind today?

Just kidding. You should ask the girl on a dinner date to turn the revenge fantasy into a romance. Why not? She's probably cutting back on her social life just about now.
    I got someone fired once in a company I consult but she was pretty hot so I asked the owner of the company to give me her number and called her and we started dating :P
    spike12, NYTOC83 and Thesmartmale like this.
    10-07-14 08:12 AM
    I hope it's made up or OP looks like a real ...I won't say it for celebrating getting someone fired over a perceived slight against a hunk of plastic and glass.
    It sounds very made up tbh, but let's take a step back, and let's just ignore that BlackBerry made the storyteller that emotional.

Let's much rather focus on the principle behind the matter:
    A customer goes into a store to buy a desired object. He/she/it knows exactly what the desired object is.
    Therefore the clerk can be basically a 100% efficient, because no time is being wasted to find a phone the customer actually wants (time=money in that sentence).

But, instead of being efficient and having more time to sell other products, the clerk wastes time to argue with a potential customer, about something the customer doesn't care about in the slightest.

At the same time, the store now not only has an inefficient employee, but also one who drives away customers and loses money for the store, due to lost sales.

If I'd be the manager of said store, then I would want to know these things immediately.

But all of this is of course only the case if the story would be true.
    And there is a difference between being the manager, and a random guy who gets so worked up over his phone, that he gets someone fired.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:16 AM
138 123 ...