So I have a rubber case for my Blackberry, I've compared it to several others and I realized mine is pretty thick. I even wanted to get the less thicker one from a Rogers store but the rep recommended I stick to the thicker one I have...

However, rubber cases are difficult to be put in a pocket (especially when it's a jeans you're wearing) so I end up holding it in my hand (as if I am showing off that I have a bold). Sometimes I have to remove the rubber case and go out.

Is there any alternative? I've been told to put baby powder on the case and it would make it slide better, but I'm not sure if that's effective...

Any input of what you guys do would be recommended!

Thank you!
    05-18-09 11:58 AM
    Have you considered protective films (i.e. invisibleshield / bestskinever / martin fields etc.)?
    05-18-09 11:59 AM
    Not sure what bb you have but a clear case is a good alternative for a rubber/silicone cover. The only thing is that you better be prepared to clean it periodical since the accumulated dust and dirt will be very visible, especially in the corners.
    05-18-09 12:09 PM
    Have you considered protective films (i.e. invisibleshield / bestskinever / martin fields etc.)?
    I am afraid not to know how to apply the invisible shield that is why I am not too inclined in using it.
    05-18-09 12:17 PM
    Take a look at the seidio Innocases, they are thin, more protective the silicon cases, and slide easily in and out of the pocket.
    05-18-09 02:56 PM
    Those are interesting... I think they are better than the invisiblesheild because to my understanding you cannot remove the invisiblesheild and put it back in (only unless you buy a new one).
    05-18-09 05:30 PM
    I agree, silicone cases "grab" your pocket when you take your BB out. I use a pouch and it protects my keyboard against miss dial, my track ball against lint and it has a sleeping feature.
    Last edited by david9962000; 10-30-09 at 09:41 AM.
    05-18-09 05:39 PM
    I have a rubber case...

After a while the oil from your hands will begin to make the rubber less sticky (for lack of better words). I'm not sure how much that would help when putting it in/out of pocket.
    05-18-09 08:17 PM
    How about a leather case with a belt clip instead?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:23 PM
    I have a rubber case...

After a while the oil from your hands will begin to make the rubber less sticky (for lack of better words). I'm not sure how much that would help when putting it in/out of pocket.
    I clean my rubber every couple of days to avoid dust and what not so that oil doesn't work.

05-18-09 08:40 PM
    How about a leather case with a belt clip instead?

I have the holster but I don't use it because 1) I have to take it out everytime I need to use my bold, and 2) it makes the phone extrmely bulky

05-18-09 08:41 PM
    I would go with the Seidio Innocase. I have the Case-Mate Smart skin and it is nice, but it does grab my pockets. I also clean mine because I find the oil build up from hands, or anything else looks disgusting. The innocase would probably be your best bet.
    05-18-09 08:54 PM
    I'll try to look for some online.

Thanks!

05-19-09 07:10 AM
    I like the Case-Mate Smart Skin for my Pearl and they do have one for the Bold too.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=4UZgKca5
    05-19-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD