I figured I'd pose this question just in case their were others that were concerned over it as well....but the contest closing date for the RoundRobin was SUPPOSED to end on November 25th with the winner being selected on December 5th...so where their were issues with devices and such and not everyones reports are in at this point, has the contest date been extended as well or will it just be continued as per normal in regards to winner selection?
    11-27-07 04:53 AM
    Good question...
    11-27-07 04:56 AM
    Good point indeed!

Yes, I will change the copy on the main site - Round Robin Extended until we're done with it. We'll call it December 12th.
    11-27-07 11:04 AM
    Update - now that we're not wrastlin with holidays, here's what it'll be:

The last day to enter will be Dec 7th, contest drawings the following monday!

...Changed the title of the thread to reflect the change.
    11-27-07 11:09 AM
    cool, thnxs for the info dieter....lets just call it now, fomcl!! I win right Muahahaha!!...no?..

Meh, I tried.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-27-07 at 05:39 PM.
    11-27-07 05:35 PM
    Anybody know who's crack'n right now? Kevin's got his iphone first impressions up but who's the lucky one with the curve?

I was on the main smartphone round robin site and didn't see anything other than that in the final round dieter was supposed to have it, but I though that dieter had sent it off already. I know that he posted his initial impressions of the curve about 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas?
    11-29-07 02:00 AM
    Ya, I dunno either, I been waiting on dieters final impressions...err.NM found it lol.
    11-29-07 02:19 AM
    Well, I don't know if Kevin had sent off his curve to the other users or if they were supplied with their own, but either way Kevin's got the Curve in his hands again LOL
    His new girl (iphone) may be pretty..... yeah, pretty slow lol. He missed his old girl who moved fast. As noted in this quote from his iphone initial impressions

"I’ve been going back and forth between my Curve and the iPhone for the last couple of days, and no matter what I want do on the iPhone I can do it quicker on the Curve."

Apparently they're both easy though lol

So I'm guessing that nobody has the curve now. It's safe back in the hands of our almighty crackberry leader.

I bet he missed it :-D
    11-29-07 01:35 PM
    Well it's true Kevin does have his Berry back, but the one thats being passed around the round robin is an Crimson 8310, and dieter never made mention on who he was sending it to, although....we are really busting Kevin here...soo shhh..he's not supposed to be using his Berry lmao, but he's doing it for the sake of staying up to date with the articles he's having to post...or...that the story I'm sticking to in Kevins defence anyone asks...now shhh...no more of this talk and Kevin and his BB lmao.
    11-29-07 02:16 PM
    Goood Questions... the AT&T Crimson Red 8310 Curve is still in Dieter's hands... he's going to get up his initial impressions anyday now. we're all supposed to have our final impressions up for friday..good chance mine will be up closer to sunday night, but will do my best to get em up sooner.

I've always had my 8300 curve nearby... I've kept the Round Robin phones as my main brain throughout the event, but a couple of times have put the sim back into my curve just to do some comparisons between the phones (and when that FlipSlide mp3 player came out I HAD to try it).

i'm heading out tonight for the weekend..taking both the iPhone and curve with me. i'm driving so figure i'll need the curve to fire up the google maps My Location incase i get lost (havent downloaded it or tried it yet..figure i'll wait until i'm actually lost).

iphone is definitely a slow girl...especially for PHONE tasks. think about...curve. to place a call u can just dial on the keyboard the numbers (automatically opens phone app and starts dialing).

on the iphone u have to turn on, slide to unlock, tap phone, tap keypad, and then dial and hit call. wtf?! if u're not a rush it's ok..but yesterday i was out all day (mom in the hospital), and had to make a ton of calls to family and stuff...and it just took forever. very annoying. another annoying thing..dialing numbers with extensions. dial phone number...put it to ear...then to dial the extension, u have to pull it away from your ear (wait for the screen to turn on because its off), then hit kepad, then dial the extension.

ahh well..the past month has been a great learning experience. excited to get back to the curve...really excited for rim to release os 4.3.1 already. still running the beta, but it's got some glitches (likes to reboot occasionally when i answer a call).
    11-29-07 02:22 PM
    I hope your mom's okay :-( and I hope it's nothing serious.

I can see how the iphone would be a pain for dialing. I guess I just take my blackberry for granted. I only realized yesterday that I was running an old OS. I downloaded a video from Bla1ze's site videos4blackberry.info | BerryReview.com's Holiday Gift Guide. | Crackberry, Their, Blackberry, Ideas, Already and they're already converted to .3gp and ready to watch. My blackberry wouldn't play them! I went to rogers.ca and saw that the handheld code listed on there was 4.2.1.94 and I had 4.2.0.64 on the pearl. So I updated my OS, which was completely painless and now videos play fine. I hope the next update is as painless as this one.

The other thing I don't think I'd like about the iphone is the screen itself. I get eczema on one of my hands (especially during the winter) so I use hand moisturizer quite often to keep the eczema away. I know that the touchscreen would constantly have fingerprint marks from the moisturizer. How do you reset the iphone if something goes wrong? Need a thumbtack for that too?
    Last edited by thewesman; 11-30-07 at 02:14 AM.
    11-30-07 02:09 AM
    No the iPhone has system in place where you hold down a combination of buttons and then it puts it into reset mode.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    Also Kevin made mention of the BB 4.3.1 BETA being buggy, as I have the beta on my pearl as well, the only bug in the pearl so far while running beat 4.3.1 is you cannot take a picture, the app fails and goes to a "nullPointerException" error...as for the curve 4.3.1 BETA for the curve, same issue as Kevin, although when I get a MMS message it kills the phone as well, total power of on incoming MMS.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-01-07 at 11:15 PM.
    12-01-07 11:12 PM
    No the iPhone has system in place where you hold down a combination of buttons and then it puts it into reset mode.
    What if the phone is completely locked up and won't respond to keystrokes? I like the idea of being able to pull the battery out if needed.

..as for the curve 4.3.1 BETA for the curve, same issue as Kevin, although when I get a MMS message it kills the phone as well
    That sucks Bla1ze, hope the new os comes out so you can get those issues resolved.

Hey Kevin, I'm really curious what you guys (you, dieter, mike and jen) would switch to if you were forced. Will there be some sort of final total comparison where they'll choose their favorite device (besides their own of course LOL)?
    12-03-07 03:59 PM
    it's the 4th...woohoo!! 3 more days and we have a winner announced!! lol
    12-04-07 09:54 AM
    This is almost as exciting as Christmas! Chance to win a new berry, the upcoming release of os 4.3 (wish they were giving a date on that). Yep, Christmas indeed.
    12-04-07 10:26 AM
    Only gonna get better lol
    12-04-07 05:21 PM
    Yeah, Kevin says there's a special contest for December that's going to blow us away. I can't wait to see what it is. Only 2 more days now!
    12-05-07 01:35 AM
    WOW, wes your dad has some KILLER awesome pictures of northern lights.

Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-05-07 at 02:04 AM.
    12-05-07 01:57 AM
    Thanks Bla1ze, there's still a ton of pics we haven't gotten on there. I'm slowly working on making the Northern lights Pics purchasable. They were all taken in Fort McMurray, Alberta on a medium format camera so the process of scanning the film, fixing it up (dust spots etc.), adding the signature in the corner and uploading, it works out to about 2 hours a picture. I do all of my dad's website maintenance (which is so much easier now that we use smugmug) but it still takes a long time and I just finished a course in power engineering so I didn't really have time to work on it too much before.

Thanks for the kind words and I'll let him know you like it :-D Maybe I should try and talk him into doing some sort of wallpaper package lol
    12-05-07 02:08 AM
    Wow, the 7th is here already. Todays the last day for entering the contest and the draw is taking place on the 10th! I'm excited for the draw, but now I'm really excited for the 12 days of crackberry too.
    12-07-07 01:14 AM
    Wow, the 7th is here already. Todays the last day for entering the contest and the draw is taking place on the 10th! I'm excited for the draw, but now I'm really excited for the 12 days of crackberry too.
    Now it's the 9th.
    12-07-07 07:56 AM
    Ya, dieter, you dunno how excited I was for the 7th to come though, then ya go and drop the 9'er bomb on me lol, now anticipation is gonna kill me even more
    12-07-07 09:27 AM
    good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by silver; 12-07-07 at 10:15 AM.
    12-07-07 10:12 AM
    AHHH!!!! I wanna know who won!!!!
    12-08-07 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD