I don't have my charger with me. But could I hook up my curve8530 to its USB cord>to a USB/outlet dynex adapter>to the outlet to charge it?

Or will I cause it to explode. Someone please stop me if I'm about to regret this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 12:45 PM
    May be the device will not charge but no danger for your phone...
    02-12-10 12:48 PM
    Thank you jgodin03 for your speedy answer. I connected it. No fumes. Good sign I think. And the battery/charging symbol is displayed. Does that for sure mean that its charging?

02-12-10 01:06 PM
    Yup, sounds like its charging I've charged my 9700 through USB a couple of times, works well. The salesman warned me it could be slow to charge that way but it doesn't seem too slow to me. I'd be doing it right now if I hadn't forgotten my cable at home :P oops.
    02-12-10 01:32 PM
    Yup, sounds like its charging I've charged my 9700 through USB a couple of times, works well. The salesman warned me it could be slow to charge that way but it doesn't seem too slow to me. I'd be doing it right now if I hadn't forgotten my cable at home :P oops.
    Well I'm starting to worry a little. The percentage hasn't decreased or increased. Its just stuck at 35%. I haven't been on it so it seems weird that it hasn't increased at all

02-12-10 01:47 PM
    As long as you are charging off a USB charger, it should be just fine. Remember-USB is Universal Serial Bus, the key word being universal.

I've charged from auto, wall, computer, USB auto, and a backup power supply battery pack that will run my BlackBerry for up to 3 days usage or charging. I've also used different manufacturer's chargers, including my Bluetooth headset's. All have juiced my Curve well.

So don't worry, charge happy!

02-12-10 01:50 PM
    Well I'm not sure this is a USB charger. The cord came with my curve. But I use to use the adapter all the time to charge my zune and iPod.

Lol. I'm probably being paranoid

02-12-10 01:53 PM
    All you need is a plain ol' USB cable to charge from the computer. And I should modify my statement to say that it is still slower than charging from the wall charger, my phone charged from half full to full power in about an hour (phone on). Maybe that's slow but not outrageously slow IMO, also helps that I was at work so busy doing other things while it charged.
    02-12-10 02:02 PM
    55%
    All systems are go captain

Thanks jen and BK. Ya'll rock

02-12-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD