Basically, i was comparing some plans on the rogers website and at the end where i had a final summary of my transaction all of a sudden a Rogers Chat box openned with a girl named "Sara" asking me if i needed any help on the device i should just ask her.

Long story short i asked if she was real, and she said yes. I asked if she was greek and she said No, she can only answer device related questions. I asked her various other questions like if its busy and if she likes her job and her answers seemed to robotic and programed LOL.
    If only i could copy and paste the convo but it ended with her randomly saying something like Thank you for using rogers help chat service, again my name is Sara and have a great day and then the chat closed.

Im still abit on the fence for this... Could it actually be a real person randomly chatting to people on the Rogers website? I was laughing so hard during the convo.
    03-18-09 10:37 PM
    That's awesome!! I wonder if those are real people as well.
    03-18-09 10:43 PM
    I've had one of those on the AT&T website. I had a choice to either accept or decline, I declined.
    03-18-09 10:48 PM
    thats great! sprint has the same thing on their website.
    03-18-09 10:48 PM
    Anyone know if they are actual real people? That job must suck really bad if it is. Imagine how many creepers you get.
    03-18-09 11:01 PM
    i just asked "sara" how much the cheapest data plan is that they have and how much web is included. "sara" told me it cost $12 and it includes 500mb of data....that doesnt sound right does it?
    03-18-09 11:15 PM
    you did it too? haha!
    and no they doesnt...i would expect 25-35$ atleast for that.
    03-18-09 11:22 PM
    exactly...i should have print screened it and demanded it....their english is off and the $ sign was at the end of the 12 so i think it is a legit person...who is french
    03-18-09 11:25 PM
    what other questions did you ask ?lol
    03-18-09 11:33 PM
    i exited after that. it was to dry lol
    03-18-09 11:37 PM
    Anyone know if they are actual real people? That job must suck really bad if it is. Imagine how many creepers you get.
    As someone who was a chat rep for a US telco, thanks for wasting her time.

You realize you just skewed her stats, potentially wasted her time when she could have been helping a legit customer, and may have negatively impacted her job performance stats?

I hated people who chat in to be funny, when I am trying to help 2 OTHER customers at the same time (we triple chatted) to have to deal with an *** trying to be witty was time consuming (we are not permitted to end a chat unless they start with abusive behavior) and made my job that much harder. And the "robotic responses" you thought were oh so funny? Are scripted requirements we MUST use to close all chats or get penalized for it.

Glad you thought wasting her time was funny. Hopefully it doesn't cost her her performance raise.

03-19-09 07:58 AM
    As someone who was a chat rep for a US telco, thanks for wasting her time.

You realize you just skewed her stats, potentially wasted her time when she could have been helping a legit customer, and may have negatively impacted her job performance stats?

I hated people who chat in to be funny, when I am trying to help 2 OTHER customers at the same time (we triple chatted) to have to deal with an *** trying to be witty was time consuming (we are not permitted to end a chat unless they start with abusive behavior) and made my job that much harder. And the "robotic responses" you thought were oh so funny? Are scripted requirements we MUST use to close all chats or get penalized for it.

Glad you thought wasting her time was funny. Hopefully it doesn't cost her her performance raise.

Holy calm down.... Not to sound mean but i've heard of alot of people doing worse things in those chats other than just asking funny questions. Its not his fault the company has obsessive metrics that get employees in trouble when people act "funny" in a chat. How can you control that. I noticed you said you DONT work there anymore... Maybe this was part of the reason why? I understand your upset because people do this from time to time. I work in an internal call center for employees with computer problems but our metrics work for us... not against us. We don't get docked for stupid calls or people who don't know how to use chat. Maybe its the company that was the problem and not the end user... Remember.. hey may have been a paying customer anyways and just didn't want to chat..

No hard feelings... I just don't see the need for getting upset.
    Last edited by i700plus; 03-19-09 at 08:13 AM.
    03-19-09 08:10 AM
    I DO work there still, I transferred to another department, but would go back to chat in a heartbeat.

I'm not upset either, but I wish people would behave like adults. People don't think about the consequences of thier actions on other people, and THAT was my point.

We were required to respond within 2 minutes to any response from a customer. So imagine how difficult it is when helping someone with a billing issue, placing an order for customer 2, and then dealing with someone who has chatted in for the sole purpose of "being funny". I still have to follow the requirements of my employer and client. I also have to keep federal laws and requirements straight in 2 legit chats while dealing whith cutesy poo in chat 3 who feels that it's okay to behave like a tool. I really doubt that if THEY were the ones dealing with the situation and it could affect THEIR performance reviews, stats and raises they would think it was so funny.

People need to grow up and think about the consequences of what they do.

That was my point, and I'm sorry you think it's no big deal.

It's a big enough deal that competitor centres will chat in to waste time like the OP just did, because it makes THEIR metrics look better and they would get a higher volume directed their way.
    03-19-09 09:02 AM
    I DO work there still, I transferred to another department, but would go back to chat in a heartbeat.

I'm not upset either, but I wish people would behave like adults. People don't think about the consequences of thier actions on other people, and THAT was my point.

We were required to respond within 2 minutes to any response from a customer. So imagine how difficult it is when helping someone with a billing issue, placing an order for customer 2, and then dealing with someone who has chatted in for the sole purpose of "being funny". I still have to follow the requirements of my employer and client. I also have to keep federal laws and requirements straight in 2 legit chats while dealing whith cutesy poo in chat 3 who feels that it's okay to behave like a tool. I really doubt that if THEY were the ones dealing with the situation and it could affect THEIR performance reviews, stats and raises they would think it was so funny.

People need to grow up and think about the consequences of what they do.

That was my point, and I'm sorry you think it's no big deal.

It's a big enough deal that competitor centres will chat in to waste time like the OP just did, because it makes THEIR metrics look better and they would get a higher volume directed their way.
    i can see where your frustration comes from. but in his OP he was talking about how he was looking for a phone and plan to purchase, this girl then offered to help. i would be very curious about how the chat works and if the person is real on the other end. i wouldn't say it was a waste of time. its a new way of adding a personal touch to online selling. its never going to be perfect. if you weren't in the position that you are in (working for a company like this) i bet you would do the same and your curiosity would get to you and see what its all about!
    03-19-09 09:53 AM
    @reeneebob if im browsing a site like the OP was and you pop up and bug me..ill chat all day and waste your entire shift because i didnt ask for help, but you decided to waste my bandwidth to bug me so im going to bug you.
    03-19-09 10:10 AM
    Okay lets get this straight:

a) I didnt know of this "chat" feature and was quiet shocked about it.
    b) I thought it was just a bot the whole time. My questions where based to see if it was an actual person because bots can say anything too
    c) I didnt ASK for help, she came to ME. Not my fault. Im trying to do something quick i dont have time to speak in a random chat about stuff im not interested in. You waste my time, ill waste your time.
    03-19-09 11:50 AM
    Also, you know how everything works there. We don't. How the **** am i suppose to know what are the consquences? And to be quiet honest, neither do i care. If i ASKED for help, then thats a different story. I was in no mood to chat so i figured whatever lets have some fun.
    03-19-09 11:57 AM
    @reeneebob if im browsing a site like the OP was and you pop up and bug me..ill chat all day and waste your entire shift because i didnt ask for help, but you decided to waste my bandwidth to bug me so im going to bug you.
    If Rogers works like the other chat groups - it sends out a certain amount of auto invites triggered by the amount of time the 'customer' is on a page. That invite is NOT a human, if you accept, it's routed to a human.

So here's a thought, if you don't need a chat and get a chat invite, instead of acting like an obnoxious asshat, click "no thank you".

03-19-09 07:45 PM
    Also, you know how everything works there. We don't. How the **** am i suppose to know what are the consquences? And to be quiet honest, neither do i care. If i ASKED for help, then thats a different story. I was in no mood to chat so i figured whatever lets have some fun.
    How wonderful for you. Now you know. It's an auto invite you accepted and got a live agent, who you then wasted the time of. Kudos sir. You are a winner. Next time you trigger an auto invite and you aren't in the mood to chat? Click close or no. Don't waste the time of the agent who is trying to do their job and make their living.

We aren't there to be kicked around for your jollies. Stop behaving like a child and imagine if YOU were in that position, would YOU appreciate it?

Aren't we supposed to be adults, I mean, aren't Blackberries for grownups and iPhones for kids?
    03-19-09 07:46 PM
    Firstly as i stated, it RANDOMLY appeared, i didnt click "Yes" or "No", so i didn't have a choice in the matter.

And don't worry, i know how it is to be kicked around by customers. I work in retail (ALDO Shoes) so i know all about it. Only difference is, my customers are ASKING for a service, and i give it to them in the best manner.

I didn't ask for the service, i ment to be there for 2mins tops to do some comparisons. Why should i be 'co-operative' to something i didn't ask for.
    Trust me, i could have been a lot more of an *******. All i asked were some questions to mainly determine if they were real or not because i couldnt believe that they were.
    03-19-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD