hey guys.

Rogers is quietly charging customers for incoming txt message. watch out for your bill.
    05-12-09 09:51 PM
    If you have unltd, does it even matter?
    05-12-09 09:53 PM
    If you have unltd, does it even matter?
    Rogers does not offer unlimited plans.
    05-12-09 10:01 PM
    That's a dirty trick then. I wouldn't chose Rogers then, haha.
    05-12-09 10:03 PM
    I don't have a texting plan with AT&T and I believe I get charged for incomings texts as well. $0.25 per.
    05-12-09 10:07 PM
    i have 10,000 sent/received texts

to me thats probably close to unlimited :P
    05-12-09 10:29 PM
    Who is Roger?
    05-12-09 10:54 PM
    Who is Roger?
    Rogers

Its a canadian GSM monopoly which also owns the low cost provider Fido.
    05-12-09 10:58 PM
    Last month we went to Vegas I sent 29 txts only 4 were back to canada Charged me over $17...
    05-12-09 10:59 PM
    Rogers

Its a canadian GSM monopoly which also owns the low cost provider Fido.
    So would AT&T buying TMO be an apt comparison?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 11:04 PM
    So would AT&T buying TMO be an apt comparison?

As ruling what Comcast was doing with cable companies when they just bought the competition i don't think AT&T would be allowed to out right acquire TMO cause i think AT&T is too big itself.
    05-12-09 11:14 PM
    Yes, they do.

Last month we went to Vegas I sent 29 txts only 4 were back to canada Charged me over $17...
    Those are roaming text messages at $0.60 each, which will be going upto $0.75 each in June.

Rogers will only be charging for incomming text messages if you have NO texting plan at all. 94% of the Rogers customers have texting plans, and if you receive spam messages without a texting plan you can send a text message with the phone number that send you the SPAM message to the shortcode SPAM to have it credited. Also, why would you receive many text messages if you don't intend to reply back with a text, hence having a text messaging plan. The cheapest one currently is $3.00

Incoming without a plan will be at $0.15 each.
    05-12-09 11:44 PM
    Rogers does offer unlimited plans for texts lol.

Where are you gettin your info?

05-13-09 02:08 AM

agreed only a psycho would/could go over
    05-13-09 05:58 AM

Same with me. Although its been known of certain people to use many mor (up to 291k per month)

05-13-09 07:16 AM
    hey guys.

Rogers is quietly charging customers for incoming txt message. watch out for your bill.
    It's not quiet and secretive if they announced their plans prior to charging them:

http://crackberry.com/twitter-sms-re...ogers-and-fido
    05-13-09 11:59 AM
    Wait, does that sort of change qualify as a "contract change" and hence I can get out of my contract for 0$?

05-13-09 12:51 PM
    Wait, does that sort of change qualify as a "contract change" and hence I can get out of my contract for 0$?

I would say yes.
    05-13-09 02:03 PM
    There are unlimited text plans.. I got one 2 weeks ago.
    05-13-09 05:47 PM
    The how do I have one? and no its not a retention plan.
    05-13-09 07:57 PM

Contracts are for voice and/or data only I believe.

05-14-09 05:45 AM

Double check your TOS. Rogers reserves the right to make changes to its services with notice.
    05-14-09 01:11 PM
    yup, they can brake the contract BUT if you do they charge you like no tomorrow. I just lost my 15% discount on my services which I bundle together. since I only use high speed internet and voice/data on my BB, I only get 5%. but good news they told me, if I sign up for cable and home phone I can keep my 15% discount. if thats not criminal I dont know what is. so there goes $20 a month extra to robbers.
    05-15-09 09:42 PM
    yup, they can brake the contract BUT if you do they charge you like no tomorrow. I just lost my 15% discount on my services which I bundle together. since I only use high speed internet and voice/data on my BB, I only get 5%. but good news they told me, if I sign up for cable and home phone I can keep my 15% discount. if thats not criminal I dont know what is. so there goes $20 a month extra to robbers.
    so they honoured the original 2 year 15% agreement.. and once it expired it was no longer available.. that's criminal?
    05-15-09 09:45 PM
    I had that discount when I signed up for more then one service, just signed up for a 3 year contract 5 months ago and for some funny reason they did not mention that I will loose the discount. its ok just defend them but all I know is that I had rogers high speed for 6 years maybe even more and a blackberry with them for the past 5 years. I guess thats the way to keep costumers. until we have pretty much bell or rogers we have to put up with these rules but lets hope the new providers coming in are learning from the mistakes rogers and bell are making.
    05-16-09 10:37 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD