Does anyone notice Rogers demand its customers to pay premium price for upgrade phone?

Rogers wants me to pay $300 to upgrade to another phone or android phone. WTF ? they claim that I have used up only 2yrs of 3yrs contract.

They demand the same premium price when I first upgrade from motorola phone flip up phone to bb 9800.
    02-04-12 10:36 PM
    i feel your pain. i wish there was a happy answer. the subsidy of the phone on rogers part doesn't change so until you have met a certain value of repayment they will more than likely not be very help full for an early upgrade.

im guessing they want some sort of subsidy settlement from you on top of the 3yr contract renewal phone price.

having said that you can always escalate the phone call to the next higher level employee ( cant recall what they call them) and you may get a more agreeable answer.
    02-05-12 12:18 AM
    having said that you can always escalate the phone call to the next higher level employee ( cant recall what they call them) and you may get a more agreeable answer.
    Customer Relations or Customer Retentions.
    02-05-12 03:25 AM
    Typically, here in France, what we do is the following :
    -> Buy a "reloadable SIM" phone and plan (from the same carrier) and swap SIMs.
    Generally, it gives you about 20-30% of reduction (first load included) on the premium price and have the advantage of letting your current plan running up to the next renewal date.
    02-05-12 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD