I'm a Verizon user (Bold 9650) with a SIM card and the device is unlocked. I'll be travelling to the UK in April, and Orange UK have a prepaid Blackberry service.

If I insert their SIM card, will my device use their Blackerry data connection and the existing registration of my device with the Blackberry servers (and deliver email) or would I have to shut down my US account first before re-registering the device with Orange UK?

If two accounts can't co-exist, could I use a web browser that uses my APN instead of the BIS connection (such as Opera Mini) and accept that I won't have native BB push email while overseas?

Thanks, Duncan
    03-08-11 10:12 PM
    You need a SIM with data, and you'll need to register with the Orange BIS, which SHOULD unregister you from the Verizon BIS. You will have a different phone number and primary email, BUT your secondary emails (gmail, yahoo, etc) will still work fine, and your BBM will be fine (your PIN won't change).
    03-08-11 10:45 PM
    Many thanks indeed for the quick reply; I was worried that Orange UK would give me an error that the device was already registered or some such, and that I'd have to get into a complex conversation with Verizon support.

Memory permitting, I'll report back on success post April trip.
    03-09-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD