Hi everyone,

My BB plan for my provider (3 Hong Kong) allows for 10MB of data globally. I believe this data is restricted to BIS only.

On my BB I have a variety of apps installed like Google Sync, WhatsApp, WeatherBug, Dropbox and others.

How can I ensure, or check that the applications are using BIS only and not using other data? The data roaming option doesn't seem to make the distinction between BIS data and general internet data.
    05-05-11 05:20 PM
    Hi everyone,

My BB plan for my provider (3 Hong Kong) allows for 10MB of data globally. I believe this data is restricted to BIS only.

On my BB I have a variety of apps installed like Google Sync, WhatsApp, WeatherBug, Dropbox and others.

How can I ensure, or check that the applications are using BIS only and not using other data? The data roaming option doesn't seem to make the distinction between BIS data and general internet data.
    any data that you are using that is not over wifi goes through the BIS... essentially, if you are not using wifi, you have a 10 MB data limit..

i would suggest however, disabling apps that update regularly (facebook, twitter etc...) so as to not go over the limit unknowingly...
    05-05-11 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD