I have Vodafone Spain account on Storm 9500. Been travelling back and forth between Spain and Portugal working for years, month or so back started getting asked if I wanted Data when I entered Portugal. Naively I said to keep on, because I wasn't aware of changes on my side, just assumed it was a formality..yes I am an *****!
    Anyway, wifey just phoned to say we just got a bill for about 1500 Euros (phone is in her name..don't ask!) mostly roaming in Portugal. But she says it's like a book, like 60 pages of it, minute by minute for a 10 day period I was in Portugal last month!
    It doesn't seem to be e-mail messages..it seems to me something is running that wasn't on previous visits, and I can't work out what! Is there a way to see what programs are running? Are there any obvious culprits?..I'm thinking Facebook?..that seems to be running, and shows when there are new posts..could that be it? Have I been hacked into or something?
    Can any of our esteemed experts on here help me? I'd like to go back to the old days as I really need e-mail while I am working.
    Wifey phoned Vodafone but no joy, so she's gonna visit the local office in Spain.. don't expect a reduction, but you never know!
    I'm back in Portugal again now and have disabled data, still get phone and SMS, but not e-mail..I guess I'll have to live with that!
    08-31-10 01:02 PM
    I feel sorry for you, did you call your provider and try to work something out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 01:43 PM
    Verizon here in the States is usually pretty good about giving you half off those huge bills, with your promise to NEVER do it again.
    08-31-10 02:34 PM
    That's a $1905 USD converted bill. Holy wackos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 06:07 PM
    .... Is there a way to see what programs are running? Are there any obvious culprits?..I'm thinking Facebook?..that seems to be running, and shows when there are new posts..could that be it? Have I been hacked into or something?
    Very unlikely that you have been "hacked".

If Facebook was running the whole time and showing new posts, then it was likely using a lot of data.

You can see what applications are running by going to the Application Switcher on the device.

It's a good idea to always close applications that you don't want running by going to Menu > Close on the application's menu.

But definitely keep data disabled when you are roaming to avoid those roaming charges.
    08-31-10 06:44 PM
    Thanks so much everyone, esp MM, that might explain my generally high bills even when not roaming!
    09-02-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD