My BlackBerry is officially dead :[. It was on my lap today in my car, I stood up to get out when I got home, it fell on the ground, then I accidently stepped on it. Totally killed the whole screen. I'm so angry it's beyond words. Hopefully I'll be getting a new one soon.
    12-28-07 09:07 PM
    My condolences. On the bright side, now you can get that iPhone! J/K!!!
    12-28-07 10:25 PM
    I feel your pain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 10:29 PM
    one of my user's 8700s got ran over today by a car. screen is destroyed. The usb port was collapsed but I was able to pry it open with a screwdriver and charge the battery.
    12-28-07 10:45 PM
    I too, send my condolences. Sorry to hear that.
    12-28-07 11:02 PM
    Yep, that's a sad story. Sorry to hear.
    12-28-07 11:09 PM
    Another berry gone before it's time.
    12-28-07 11:18 PM
    I'll wear black for your berry. I'm really bery sad for you both.Please accept my condolences.

12-28-07 11:34 PM
    Sorry to hear that. But good news is you are due for an upgrade now. *cough* curve *cough*
    12-29-07 12:14 AM
    I agree...an upgrade seems to be the best solution! You should make it part of your New Year's resolution, in fact, everyone to resolve to join the CB Nation!!!
    12-29-07 02:33 AM
    Sorry to hear that, but now you have good reason to get new one...
    12-29-07 02:38 AM
    My BlackBerry is officially dead :[. It was on my lap today in my car, I stood up to get out when I got home, it fell on the ground, then I accidently stepped on it. Totally killed the whole screen. I'm so angry it's beyond words. Hopefully I'll be getting a new one soon.
    Murder!!!

12-29-07 02:58 AM
    Dam that's foul. I tend to drive with my curve on my lap but always remind myself to move it cause I know I just get out without thinking sometimes. Hope you get that new berry.

12-29-07 03:54 AM
    My condolences. I feel your pain too. I know that your BB was loved and used properly.
    12-29-07 04:17 AM
    My condolences. Whens the funeral? I'm lost without my BB so I feel your pain.Hope you get that new BB soon!

12-29-07 07:18 AM
    I actually place my BB in the cup holder to avoid such tragedy. I never have drinks in the car so that isnt a worry for me.

that does cause me pain. your situation that is
    12-29-07 07:48 AM
    remember...when you RUSH...thats when accidents happen...

-db

sorry for your loss.
    12-29-07 08:36 AM
    cinnabon,

So sad to hear of your loss. Life just isn't the same without a CrackBerry. With the new models coming out in '08, maybe you'll be able to get a model that has more features than your BB that died.

- CB
    12-29-07 10:51 AM
    Yikes. I cringed as I read that. I hope you get a new on ASAP!
    12-29-07 12:54 PM
    Sad story, but one I'm not unfamilar with. I had an Apple Newton on top of a bunch of stuff in a box. When I was putting the box into my car, the Newton fell into an icy puddle. I have waited years for it to dry out, but I think it may be dead. I bought another one used.

After that I had a Palm III which I upgraded to a Palm V. After using the Palm V for about 3 weeks, it fell onto the driveway, unknown to me. When I reached my destination, I noticed it was missing, but I had already driven over it with my car. The screen was totally smashed. I still have it but the touchscreen doesn't work, so I can't get past the pen alignment screen. Luckily, it worked long enough for me to do a last synchronize. (I had to go back to the Palm III, which mysteriously disappeared one day from my belt. I was able to buy a refurbished one for $10 (!), which I used until I got the BlackBerry last week.)

Then I had a $180 cellphone for less than a week. It was in a belt clip pouch which popped off my belt as I sat down on a public toilet. Of course, it landed in the water. It was the cleanest toilet you've ever seen in your life, but even though I pulled it out immediately, the phone was wet enough inside that it short circuited and that was the end of that.

I'm nervous of the belt clip pouch I'm using for my BlackBerry, but it seems secure. I'd be happier if I had a wrist-strap attaching the holster to my belt though. I won't put the BB in my pocket. I've had too much trouble with lint and dust getting under the screen on other devices.
    Last edited by neilwick; 12-29-07 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-29-07 01:39 PM
    Damn, that sucks.

12-29-07 05:09 PM
    Sad story. Sorry about you loss.

It sure sounds like you could stand to win one of the hands-free kits in the 12 Days of Xmas drawings for your replacement!

Otherwise, while it might sound odd, I often I'll stick mine on the seat between my legs. ...What can I say, it works for me!

12-30-07 10:23 AM
    I cannot imagine the loss you're feeling now. Give me another week with my BB, and I'm sure I can come close...

Sad for your loss.
    12-30-07 11:54 AM
    I am so sorry to hear this. I'm sure he/she lived a good life.
    12-30-07 12:12 PM
    Good news, rep device is in the mail on the way to my house! a few days and i will have my fix
    01-07-08 08:56 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD