Two questions that I have been wondering about, and condensed into one thread to save time:

1. Can you email/otherwise share the ringtones that came with your BB with others? Friends compliment the basic BB ringtones all the time, and I got to thinking about if it was possible to send them. It's not like it really matters, but I was just curious.

2. Can you print text messages or email them as attachments? I work in a place where I often get texts that would be useful to print for the file, but have no idea how.

Like I said, neither of these are life & death on the scale of importance- just curious if there is a way to do either.

Hope you're all having a good night out there
    07-06-09 08:02 PM
    1. The preloaded ringtones? No, you can't email them from the device. They are locked. But many/most are available through the various ringtones sites if you search by the specific name of the ringtone, you probably will come up with some sites.

2. You can back up your BlackBerry to your computer with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then you can get the ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter software on your computer and open the IPD file from the backup and then you can view, print, and convert the messages to several formats.

You also can forward the individual messages to an email address by using the "Forward" or "Forward As" options in the menu.
    07-06-09 08:45 PM
    Thanks, Mama! I appreciate it. I'm always curious about all these little things.
    07-06-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD