i have the same issue with my Curve 9330 when i set the ringtone to my phone as BBInspired_Pending, but all of the contacts that i entered a ringtone went to Ringer_ClassicPhone. I would like for them all to be set to BBInspired_Pending. Any ideas???
    01-11-11 02:01 PM
    i have the same issue with my Curve 9330 when i set the ringtone to my phone as BBInspired_Pending, but all of the contacts that i entered a ringtone went to Ringer_ClassicPhone. I would like for them all to be set to BBInspired_Pending. Any ideas???
    When you set each ringtone for the specific person you want, you need to change the volume, play sound, LED, vibration and vib w/ringtone from showing 'active profile' to the options you want for them. If you leave it as 'active profile' even though you've assigned a specific ringtone for your contact, it will take on your overall profile set for your phone.
    brady0125 likes this.
    01-11-11 07:38 PM
    Leaving everything set in Custom Ringtones to Active profile except the ringtone should not make it default back to Classic phone. Check your settings from Profiles/Set Contact Alerts. Highlight a contacts name and press Menu/Edit. Scroll to the bottom and press the Try button before backing out and saving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    brady0125 likes this.
    01-11-11 08:00 PM
    As example My active profile which just for argument is set to Loud and I have my phone for it's main ringtone that I have chosen. I have of all my contacts only 6 that I have set a custom ringtone and it works everytime when they call me so I don't know why you would be having any trouble but for sure check the TRY button before you back out and or save it.
    brady0125 likes this.
    01-11-11 08:37 PM
    Thank you for your advise. I am now all set. Hope you all have a great day.
    01-12-11 06:50 AM
    Your welcome brady, glad to lend a hand. You have a great day too.

brady0125 likes this.
    01-12-11 08:42 AM
    Thank you for your advise. I am now all set. Hope you all have a great day.
    YW! Glad one of us was able to clear up the issue for you!

brady0125 likes this.
    01-12-11 09:01 AM
    It is hard to tell PD what worked for the Op, but at least something worked!

brady0125 likes this.
    01-12-11 09:05 AM
    It is hard to tell PD what worked for the Op, but at least something worked!

oh I know-lol. But either way, if you were right, jaguarr or I was, the important thing is it solved the prob!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-12-11 at 07:17 PM.
    brady0125 likes this.
    01-12-11 09:18 AM
    well to be honest i tried what Jaguarr suggested. but that was only because it was the last posting at the time. But thanks to you too as well!!!!!
    01-12-11 12:14 PM
    i was just glad that all of my contacts did not have to be gone through. it still seems like there should be an easier way. i still had to select 20 contacts independantly and then go through the process.
    01-12-11 12:17 PM
    You could have put all of them in a group. But I think you still would have had to go through the same process to assign custom tones. From your Contacts press Menu/New Group. For future references. a handy way to email or text a bunch of people without having to add each one individually.

Last edited by albee 1; 01-12-11 at 04:47 PM.
    01-12-11 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD